Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I gotta assume that whatever company made the The Force Awakens trailer also made this one. I'd have to go through for a full comparison but it seems to hit a lot of the same beats, especially the music and quick shots of the Ecto-1 being driven.

I'm a sucker anyway so I'm excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The helicopter is Ecto-3!

is Winston likely to return, and are they likely to actually give him more to do? The comics I recall expanded on his backstory as a former soldier more and being the most practically minded and spiritual of the Ghostbusters.

I think everyone but Moranis is confirmed but no one has any idea what the original cast will be doing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm one of those weirdos that saw 2 first, as a kid, so it was always my preferred movie. I wore that VHS (taped off of PPV) to the bone and didn't see 1 until years later. It always felt to me like Winston was just kinda there and not really an important part of the team.

That's partially 2's fault and also mine being a kid, I need to watch them again.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CPss95p3Ck

Venkman's face when he hears the price. It's so subtle that I've only just now noticed it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

That commercial is bringing back nostalgia I had in the early nineties for broadcast tv movies, that I didn't even know I had.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If they had gotten Eddie Murphy like they wanted originally, I think it might've been too much. Four different comedy styles interacting without a straight man would probably take a lot of work. Winston is great!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I hope they cancelled it because the filling is the wrong color and they're embarrassed about it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Perfectly believable that no one else saw what happened on the rooftop of the first movie, and enough plausible deniability about marshmallow man.

Much harder to write off the second movie where they literally made a gigantic steel and concrete (or whatever) statue walk from the harbor through downtown.

Very hyped though.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Carrie Coon was 39 during filming and Mckenna Grace was 13; assuming their characters are around the same age, Egon's daughter could've been born any time between the first two films. Feels to me like all three of the originals were out of luck and didn't have any major relationships prior to the first movie, maybe I'm just misremembering. Also the way Annie Potts says "your father" makes it sound like Carrie is her daughter but that probably doesn't fit.

Side note, Carrie Coon played Proxima Midnight in Infinity War. No relation to Ghostbusters, just had no idea.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Szmitten posted:

That trailer was paced like, had similar fonts to, and really sounded like a Force Awakens or Rise of Skywalker trailer.

Probably the same company that did those trailers. They've all got that orchestral sound with the serious slow moments moving into the faster ones.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

A heavy story based Ghostbusters game sounds like a nightmare with a low chance of being good, I'd much rather play the idea above.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I definitely recall the C64 game had different cars you could choose, and ways to arm them. I distinctly recall playing the game, even though we would've gotten rid of the C64 before the second movie came out, and I didn't see the first one until well after the second movie.

Even my stepdaughter is excited to see the movie, and she doesn't like going to movies at all.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

GazChap posted:

Just rewatching GB2. It’s never occurred to me before, but why is Winston even still working with the other three at the start?

Eleven-five a year presumably wasn’t that great a salary back in 1984, and once the business collapses to the point that they have to start doing kids parties for meagre money, you’d think he’d try and get another “steady pay check”.

Would have been a good way to explain Winston’s absence for the first part of the film, and then when everything starts going south again they could have re-hired him as they’d know he was good for it.

$11,500 in 1984 is equivalent to $30,072.22 today.

1989 (GB2) it's only $25,197.61.

So not all that great but it seemed like reasonably easy work if you're not the scientist or engineer guy.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I don't know that Slimer was really a baddie even in the first one, he was just happy to be eating food in a snooty rich hotel when the ghost cops assaulted him.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Karloff posted:

The librarian ghost had a legitimate complaint. I would be hosed right off if someone tried to tackle me while I was enjoying some poetry at my local library.

Yeah but she also slimed a bunch of books and ruined the note cards :colbert:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

I wonder, did Ray ever end up busting her?

It was a dream* but there was almost certainly busting.

*deleted scene, etc.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Force Awakens was a lot of fun and the dogfight between the Falcon and the TIEs was everything I wanted from a modern Star Wars movie, it's just everything else sequel related that poo poo the bed because of meddling and not having a strong idea of the whole trilogy.

Afterlife also looks fun and I hope it is, even if anything after shits the bed.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

That's kind of Gozers thing. They stand around, let you yabber a bunch, then eventually attempt to kill you. Them killing Shandor suddenly as they did was out of left field.

:wtc:

Shandor's mistake was probably just stepping in front of Gozer while declaring that they would share power.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

WonkyBob posted:

I've sent over the mega links, does anyone else want them too?

Yo.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Extra row of tits posted:

I didn’t mind the town, felt it fit nicely

SIGNIFICANT SPOILERS DONT CLICK

no one believing Egon about Gozors return, Ray at the very least should have known the details and Egon could prove it all true instantly

I might be remembering wrong but I think Ray said that Egon suddenly took off with most of their stuff then called him ten years later to explain. Even if that's true, it then goes against Egon's character to just suddenly leave like that without explanation. Either way it's a bad plot point.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Everyone posted:

Honestly the least believable plot point to me was the idea that at some point Egon had sex with a female human and got her pregnant.

I wish we had learned anything at all about that person. I assume Callie was raised solely by her mother but I don't remember any details.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Is that a list of random moments in the movie…for why? Lmao

It's on the YouTube version of the movie, so you can skip to certain scenes.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah he just got lumped in with all the misogynists by Internet people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz8X2A7wHyQ

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

James is like, the least controversial YouTuber in existence. He's either really good at hiding bad things for fifteen years (probably not) or literally doesn't know or care about most controversial things. He tends to surround himself with dipshits like pretty much everyone that runs his channel and makes content.

However he spent years doing it all himself and I think his daughter has a medical problem that he spends a lot of time with. So now he just gets paid to show up on his own channel to play games, or review movies, or the occasional Angry Video Game Nerd video. Means he doesn't have to get a "real" job or spend 80 hours a week grinding out content for the algorithm.

He's probably pretty happy with the deal.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

I had no idea he’d sold his channel.

quote:

In 2013, the company who owned Cinemassacre, ScrewAttack closed and only releases Death Battle videos. So Cinemassacre was acquired by ScreenWave Media in 2015.

I couldn't remember the details.

Or it's just a lovely article with no quality control. It's probably that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Has Bill Murray ever enjoyed making a movie?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKoRysKVhn8

The Judge really is a great semi-villain for the slime plot.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

This should be a new winking smilie.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

There is also his son, Ernie Hudson Jr, who is 59, and looks about 30

Google search says that picture is from 2000...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Oh my bad, here’s one from this year:

:mad:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/7hLvpxX.mp4

Filming in NYC, no sound tho.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://imgur.com/gallery/b6Zu45u

Buncha Ghostbusters behind the scenes pics.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Who's the guy playing the mayor in the trailer? He seems familiar but I can't place him.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Walter peck. He's back now because nostalgia.

Oh, lmao.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRGB_9xuAy0

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Azubah posted:

I thought Egon was ghost trapped in the previous movie and that was his send off?

No they trapped Gozer then Egon waved at them and returned to his home planet (the afterlife)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

PneumonicBook posted:

The film makes it VERY clear that's what's happening, like to the point I can't believe people didn't pick up on it.

I am begging, please stop making ghostbusters movies, these have all been awful.

Weird to come to the Ghostbusters thread to complain that all the Ghostbusters movies are awful.