Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

If GB16 had been a better movie in some way (other than the cast who are rock solid) it would have been better recieved.

But I'm not hear to talk about the third best Ghostbusters movie, I'm here to let you know that Ghostbusters World (AKA pokemon Ghostbusters) is now out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ftt.gbworld.aos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

banned from Starbucks posted:

Says preregister for me. How are you getting it early?

I pre-reg'ed about a month back. That might have something to do with it.

So the busting of ghosts is pretty cool. I managed to catch a fearsome flush in the break room at work. It feels like the game is a bit target rich right now because I've managed to capture about 6 different ghosts just sitting on my couch after work, but that may be an intentional design decision compared to PokeGo.

The ghost world ghost team fights are neat. My team so far is Slimer, the librarian ghost, Sandman, and some random griffon I caught.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 24, 2018

8one6
May 20, 2012

At Gen Con this year I ran into a guy wearing a Real Ghostbusters cosplay and it made my day!

8one6
May 20, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

if the old GB dont save the kids at one point then whats the loving point. i want to see 100 year olds bill murray doing sappy things

He can be sitting in a chair for his entire cameo again like the last one.

8one6
May 20, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Since the gunner’s seat is in the movie, they should just go all out and have Ecto-2 in there too.

Don't spoil Ray's intro scene.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That's the helicopter, right?

Or is it the motorbike?

It's the helicopter.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The helicopter is Ecto-3!

is Winston likely to return, and are they likely to actually give him more to do? The comics I recall expanded on his backstory as a former soldier more and being the most practically minded and spiritual of the Ghostbusters.

Wait, isn't the Ecto-3 the boat they never used?

8one6
May 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/BDisgusting/status/1263509648663023616?s=19

What if the same poorly edited improv and funny faces but, like, two more hours of it.

8one6
May 20, 2012

No, but you see...
Hmmm...
But the theme is clearly... something... well, the EPA is the...
Huh.

8one6
May 20, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Don’t, you’ll bring SMG in with his ‘clearly didn’t watch or really listen to the actual film’ reads.

poo poo, sorry.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Hauntr

8one6
May 20, 2012

There are already a few hundred "EMF detect ghosts OMG!!!!111!!Eleventyone" apps. I can easily see someone making a horrible reboot an homage with a modern day Ghostbusters subscription app gig economy thing. Customers download the app that turns their phones into a PKE meter that can also call the ghostbusters if it detects ghosts, meanwhile the characters are out of work academics that had to pay for their own ghostbusting equipment and only have 30 minutes to bust Babylonian gods or else the customer will leave less than a 5-star review.

Instead of the EPA the antagonist is Jeff Zuckermusk, CEO of Hauntr, who's a billionaire. That's it, he doesn't have to be doing some shady poo poo with the ghosts (which he's doing anyway because who cares about fines when you're a billionaire.)

"Ghostbuster closed hellmouth in my bathroom but wouldn't let my 5 year old play with the proton pack. Said it's not a toy. VERY RUDE!!! No Tip! 1/5 stars"

8one6 fucked around with this message at 10:54 on May 27, 2020

8one6
May 20, 2012

Also all the weird crossovers are canon even if they can't directly name things outside of the crossover itself, like the inter-dimensional portal came from their crossover with the Ninja Turtles. Also, Gozer destroyed Cybertron.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I just wish they'd collect all the crossovers into the hardcover collections they were putting out for a while.

8one6
May 20, 2012

text me a vag pic posted:

I have no idea what the episode's list is there, but it the show is missing the Slimer and the RGB, I think it's still worth getting. I managed to score this bad boy last decade and I'm glad I did.

One of the few DVD sets that I own.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Excellent. I sincerely hope they flesh out even a little bit of his backstory.

Also, I'm assuming that this movie is going to do away with the game's story?

I have to assume the director/writer went "What game" when the wrote the new one but it would be kind of hilarious if they didn't.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

... .

The IDW comics rather subvert the whole dodgy business aspect by having the Ghostbusters basically nationalised by the city as a public service- with Walter Peck as their boss.

Firemen but for ghosts makes a decent amount of sense.

It only took two direct attacks on the city by supernatural gods for them to officially acknowledge that the supernatural exists.

8one6
May 20, 2012

There's something like that in an old game

Only registered members can see post attachments!

8one6
May 20, 2012

McSpanky posted:

I never realized until this moment how badly I wanted a Ghostbusters/Supernatural crossover.

https://youtu.be/Nsy06n-omrg

The whole thing is fun but skip to 7:15 if you just want to see the Sam and Dean

8one6
May 20, 2012

The Cameo posted:

*gets jolted, spits gum out*

It’s an entire movie in my head, I’m not gonna nail every word.

Pretend I made a really clever Ready Player 1 joke here. I don't know anything about the book beyond the main character regurgitating 80s pop culture but I feel like there's something there.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Sony is soon officially releasing the Ghostbusters II score, after 30+ years.

I'm excited :toot: I know it's know Elmer Bernstein score, but I mean... it's never been actually released.

Can't wait!

Was this just not released for a reason or did no one at Sony notice that they hadn't released it until now and some manager said "oops, better get on that then."

8one6
May 20, 2012

text me a vag pic posted:

Careful, last time I was in a vacant parking lot, Dan Aykroyd wandered into backseat of my car and wouldn't leave until he told me the total, unfiltered lore of the blue tubes on the Ecto-1.

I read Dan Aykroid's dad's book about the supernatural that was based on Dan Akyroid's grandfather's investigation notes. I'm here for the deep lore!

8one6
May 20, 2012

A History of Ghosts: The True Story of Séances, Mediums, Ghosts, and Ghostbusters written by Peter Aykroyd and based on original research and the notes of one Samuel Augustus Aykroyd DDS.

\/\/\/:smith:\/\/\/

8one6 fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Aug 11, 2020

8one6
May 20, 2012

Bring back ecto-cooler again you cowards!

8one6
May 20, 2012

In the last one it looked like 100% of his screen time was him sitting on a chair in front of a green screen so that would be one hell of a turn around.

8one6
May 20, 2012

His family's been into occult stuff for a while. His dad, Peter Aykroyd, wrote a book on ghosts/mediums/etc that was partially compiled from from his own grandfather's investigation notes.

8one6
May 20, 2012

quote is not edit

8one6
May 20, 2012

News. Neither good nor bad.

https://twitter.com/GBNewsdotcom/status/1400588510512439303?s=19

8one6
May 20, 2012

So, this was just unearthed. A demo from Hughes/Thrall (?), submitted by none other than Peter Aykroyd, to be the theme song for the original, before Ray Parker Jr was involved.

To be as fair as possible, this is just the demo, but like... Goddamn.

Wow this is bad.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Egon stayed because someone had to keep an eye on the massive ghost bomb in the basement containment unit.

I'm sure having a place to live rent free in the heart of New York didn't hurt either.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 15, 2021

8one6
May 20, 2012

What's hilarious about the crossovers is Ghostbusters treats them as 100% canon to the series. Their Interdimensional portal thing they got from the Ninja Turtles.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Right. After the last year I have no problem believing that people think the Ghostbusters were frauds. Even people who had to clean marshmallow from the streets.

8one6
May 20, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

All I could really think watching the trailer is that it looked a whole lot more like a Stranger Things spinoff. That isn't a criticism or anything it's just kind of hilariously how bluntly they went "Okay but what if Ghostbusters but also Stranger Things?"

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh yeah, the Stranger Things inspiration is blalant. It's all an incestuous circle, no denying that.

Didn't one of the casting call things (not sure what those are called) just explicitly describe "kid who looks a lot like Finn Wolfhard"? And then they just cast Finn Wolfhard.

8one6
May 20, 2012

That wasn't in either of the first two movies.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Leslie Jones was the best person in GB16 because she was the only one not playing a character from a Ghostbusters parody cartoon.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Winston is completely underused in the entire franchise.

8one6
May 20, 2012

There has never been a time when I've seen Peter McNichol in something and my first response hasn't been "You are like the buzzing of flies to him!"

8one6
May 20, 2012

The 360 game kept track of the cost of the damage you caused because the city just had ghostbusting insurance now.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I was super lovely at tethering ghosts so I never actually managed to finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

Armacham posted:

The cherub enemies in the cemetery near the end of the game :fuckoff:

Yup. I couldn't get past them so that's where the game ended for me.