Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

ThanosWasRight posted:

I was reading the wikipedia entry for Ghostbusters 2 and I did not realize it was actually poorly received and there are people who didn't like it.

I always though it was really good when I was a kid and the slime/ooze scenes scared the poo poo out of me.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

The first Ghostbusters movie set the bar so high that every movie after it is going to get the “didn’t like it, not as good as the original” review. Which is why I’m optimistic about this one as it doesn’t appear to be just re-doing the original feel and format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

They found the original VFX for the 'purple streak'/Magic sequence effects and scanned them in for Afterlife :allears:

No matter if this movie is great, good, just OK or bad, I will always appreciate how much love Jason Reitman is giving to the source material in the little details.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Zavvi might still be knocking out the neutrona wand for 30% off with the code MERCH30. Give it a try now!

Thank you for the heads-up on this, I snagged one at the 30% off price. I had forgotten about this wand coming out entirely until skimming this thread.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I can’t thank this thread enough for reminding me that the Spengler wand existed a month or so ago. Holy poo poo is this thing fun!

Every time I hold this damned thing in my hands and fire it up, I can hear my inner eight year-old self cheering with pure joy.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

This is interesting, Ray…

“The hose that will be included with the Class 1 unlock at 9k backers WILL have its own connector to replace the battery box in the existing Plasma Series Spengler wand. The power from the pack WILL now power your wand! More info and videos to come to show more fun little details the product dev team at Hasbro are including!”

Well, I did not expect that. I was just expecting a plastic hose.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

It’s probably going to be two hours of jerking off over reitmans grave

Bustin' makes me feel good!

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

That’s not terrible for glasses.

I’m watching the 2016 Ghostbusters for the first time since the cinema release. It’s not as bad as I remember? Kate McKinnon is MVP by miles, and has all the best line reads. “You have the longest arms.” is great comedy. It could definitely use a much tighter edit though.

It was a fine summer popcorn comedy. Weirdly, I enjoyed the extended cut better because they reinserted a lot of background and story development stuff for the characters to give me a reason to care about them. The theatrical cut seemed to prioritize the wall of jokes and edited out a lot of that.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Just a friendly reminder that if you were holding off on jumping in on the HasLab PKE Meter & Trap crowdfunding campaign until the end, you have about 2 hours and 50 minutes left as of this post to jump in on it. The deadline is 11:59 PM Eastern tonight.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I can't say I'm shocked, it seemed like a logical way to double-dip on a majority of tooling for this mold. I have the original Spengler wand from many years ago and I'll probably grab this one as well as it's my preferred design (minus the orange cap). That said, the Spengler wand is good and I've grown fond of the faux wood and faux tape grips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Timby posted:

The extended cut on Blu-ray covers this. Erin gets into a fight with Abby and leaves the team.

The extended cut wildly swung my opinion on the 2016 movie from what I originally saw in theatres. Things made at least a little more sense when character motivation and story beats actually existed.