Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Squashing Machine posted:

It also contrasts with the "what the hell are you doing?" lady and the three's sort of embarrassed apology. That's funny. You almost killed someone because you're a bunch of overgrown kids and your response is completely inadequate. In GB2016, she would've been screaming and running around and the proton beam would've chased her around the corridor, and the entire time Wiig and McCarthy would be shouting TURN IT OFF!!! WHO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO SHOOT, ALEXANDER HAMILTON????

The original Ghostbusters almost kill that maid in the hotel and apologize profusely. Kristen Wiig straight up murders Bill Murray's character and it's played for laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This is a save the cat level scriptwriting trope, not a genre in and of itself

So post some examples of that trope showing up in a romcom or a historical biopic or something.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I still wish they released a full version of the sweded Ghostbusters movie from Be Kind Rewind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJLXjlsKCVc

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

mmmmalo posted:

What haunts the baby then, before he even gets to Vigo? The movie is openly about how New York City is overflowing with bad vibes exacerbated by the slime river. The opening scene's progression of unhappy New Yorker's culminates in Dana's baby almost committing suicide via traffic. Later, the baby walks out the window and stands on the edge of the balcony, invoking a classic image of suicide before the museum guys swoops in and carries him off to Vigo. It seems consistent with the movie's themes to say the baby is just 'haunted' by misery, like the rest of New York.

A suicidal baby is kind of a stupid concept but it strikes me as the best explanation

Doesn't Dana push the stroller through a puddle of ooze, covering the wheels in the stuff? Pretty sure that's how the stroller gets possessed and maybe Viggo has some kind of psychic link to all of the ooze and just keyed on the kid when the stroller came in contact with the ooze.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

drat, they couldn't have tried less to blend that together.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I love Ramis, but I hope they have him show up as a gross looking Slimer ghost cameo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Stay Puft turning to liquid means it got pretty hot, right? Did Walter Peck die from being scalded by molten hot mallow?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I mean, Pete says she has a lot of junk food. She probably makes epic sundaes at 2 in the morning.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m still trying to figure out who said “we should get the guy from Heavyweights and Ski Patrol to direct this movie!”

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope they do modern remakes from the classic real ghostbusters toyline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai0hmixQHzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_KN20vICnA

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ehud posted:

I love Harold Ramis and I think he should absolutely be remembered in the film, but I really hope they don't do anything like digitally recreate him.

I think the most tasteful approach is that he's passed away in-universe as well and we get a nice, warm scene where he's fondly remembered by his surviving friends and family.

Make him a slimer.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Trying to imagine a Dutch version of "Kids on bikes find an X" movie.

Directed by Paul Verhoeven. :getin:

He made this movie, it’s called Spetters.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Since the gunner’s seat is in the movie, they should just go all out and have Ecto-2 in there too.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ghostbusters meet Hellboy

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Inkspot posted:

They had the chance to do something just as personal with Kristen Wiig and just... didn't.

she kills a guy in the 2016 movie

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

There should be a ghostbusters movie where the ghostbusters are the villains and the protagonists are a family trying to keep the ghosts of their grandparents from getting thrown into ghost jail. The protagonists also find out the ghostbusters company is purposefully awakening ghosts and capturing them to keep their profit margins up.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Ghost Smashers from the comics would make for a good antagonist group for a movie.

That's the equivalent of making Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne a good guy because other billionaires are evil. The point is that they're all evil. Do the guys in the original movie ever care about who Slimer was before he died? Do they give a poo poo if his family is against ghost incarceration? And what if Slimer was a lone vagrant, does him being unhoused and unloved make him any less of a person who deserves equal rights? The original movie revels in its libertarianism so you're not meant to ask these questions while Pete and Egon hose the snooty hotel concierge (not even the owner, just another worker) and tweak the mean EPA bully because he's worried about little things like a nuclear reactor in the middle of NYC that's running off of the city grid.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The dude who waited for the next elevator really dodged a bullet getting dosed with however many rads those proton packs give off when booted up.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He gaslights her about what happened in her kitchen and only goes to “inspect” her place to try and insert himself into her life. If Ray or Egon would’ve went, they may have actually found something and got her out of the apartment.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

“What do those instruments do exactly?”

His whole deal is he’s a confidence man.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Revenge of the Nerds is a comedy from the same era.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ray’s clearly dreaming of a previous, off-camera, ghost busting job they had.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The lesson from Ghostbusters 2 is "Be Nice, until it's time not to Be Nice"

Or am I thinking of a different movie?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

roffels posted:

He changed his name to Carl Winslow, moved to Chicago to escape all the weird poo poo in New York, only to get Steve Urkel as a neighbor.

Urkel’s the kid’s ghost

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wait, do real ghostbusters ghosts show up in Afterlife?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Bug-Eye Ghost from the Kenner Real Ghostbusters toy line showed up, but no ghosts from the animated series that I know of

Dang, kinda called it, they should’ve went all in with the toy line.

ruddiger posted:

I hope they do modern remakes from the classic real ghostbusters toyline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai0hmixQHzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_KN20vICnA

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They should've made his ghost look like slimer.

(I have not seen the new movie and do not know what his ghost looks like, but I feel confident nobody refers to him as an ugly little spud)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Did Carl Winslow shoot a kid pre or post ghostbusters?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The skull bottle makes for a pretty cool bong

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Venkman will heartfully apologize to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Does grown up Oscar ever show up in these?