Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
The only thing that can defeat the ghost is trapping it in the blockchain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
'it's ok - nobody knows we went to the dark web, we were using incognito mode'

'no, look! it's still in the history!'

'oh my god....'

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

"The Dark Web is... it's infecting the whole internet! And it's moving at an exponential rate, it'll infect the whole web in less than 20 minutes! The Digital Demon will be able to kill everyone who's ever used the internet!"

"There's one thing we can do. We fight the Dark Web... with the Light Web. Let's reroute the Light Web into the Dark Web's servers, the Light programming will override the Dark! But... how do we access the Light Web?"

"That's easy. You just have to know which sites are part of the Light Web. Lucky for us, I'm an old school webmaster."

*enters https://www.hamsterdance.com

chinese hair cave
Aug 23, 2017

by Cyrano4747
A random, incorrect quote about crypto currencies

“These coins are the new order” or some poo poo like that

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

jordan peterson is coming from inside the house!!!

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
out of options, our heroes decide to access the

deepest

darkest

most horrifying

websites in the world to get information on how to kill the internet ghost

they access 4chan and reddit

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Did you ever wonder what happened to all those once famous gross websites that vanished, stopped updating? They didn't.. Since 1998, the US Government's been financing Project Elm. Elm is a completely isolated internet and it's been growing, absorbing the moderately gross sites and building what can only be considered the digital version of germ warfare. The idea was to get people immune to this content, then keep upping the edginess factor, to the point that nothing on the internet could faze them, development new gross internet and new reaction methods.

But something went wrong. Maybe it was when Portal of Evil was absorbed, maybe it was sooner, but that's when we first noticed it.

No. Elm isn't the Dark Net, but it''s aware it's out there, and it will it will accept the mainstream internet as a counterpart, it won't tolerate an internet too similar to itself as a rival. No... We've got a Dark Web War coming up, and it's going to spill out onto Youtube, Google and Yahoo! before you even know it. Let me show you what it's been working on, I think you'll find it... enlightening.

naem
May 29, 2011

I look forward to being disappointed by this movie on Netflix like a year from now

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

naem posted:

I look forward to being disappointed by this movie on Netflix like a yearsix weeks from now

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
'ugh... what's all this sticky stuff on the keyboard?'

'uh... that's probably the dark web?'

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Jon Joe posted:

The only thing that can defeat the ghost is trapping it in the blockchain.

The Ecto Containment Unit was a successful use case for blockchain technology until noted EPA nocoiner Walter Peck shut it down for killing the planet... now the buttcoins and ghosts are scamming together, creating mass hysteria.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
It's literally just a live-action remake of The Digimon Movie (2000).

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

A video of a character pooping themself at a party is live-streamed on Facebook... but they’re not at the party!

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Terrorist mastermind flips the internet inside out

Now, everyone’s phone and tablet is instantly connected to the dark web streaming dark content

All of your regular internet sites are now blasted into ththe dark realm

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I’m guessing the movie is gonna be like a program that randomly flips to dark web channels until you see something spooky but it’s mosrly just boring stupid stuff which actually sounds kind of interesting of it was like that it’s like wandering through a ghost town hitting up the library

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I’m guessing the movie is gonna be like a program that randomly flips to dark web channels until you see something spooky but it’s mosrly just boring stupid stuff which actually sounds kind of interesting of it was like that it’s like wandering through a ghost town hitting up the library

oh my god, librarys are so full of nerds lol

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
A banner ad that reads:

***HORNY SERIAL KILLERS IN YOUR AREA WANT TO MEET AND KILL YOU TONIGHT!***

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"Yeah, the dark web is pretty screwed up, but have you seen any vore art?"

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

JediTalentAgent posted:

"Yeah, the dark web is pretty screwed up, but have you seen any vore art?"

Whatever Deviantart page you look at... you become!

‘Oh my God! My nipples have become dicks, and they’re making GBS threads!’

‘Help me! I’m being digested in the stomach of a morbidly obese Jessica Rabbit who also has a penis!’

‘Nothing’s happening to m- oh Jesus Christ, Rick Astley just popped out of my closet!’

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

"Hello James. Your mother never talked about your father, did she?"

"Who is this, where is that voice coming from?"

"I'm the Dark Web. I gained sentience and now speak through every computer in the world. Your mother never married. She found a sperm donor.... on the Dark Web. I placed some of my code into the sperm, overwriting the DNA with my digital information. You are my son, you are half Dark Web. Join me in conquering the Flesh World, and we will live like Gods!"

"Nooooooooooooo, I won't believe it! I can't!"

*suddenly James' arm turns into a bunch of pixels*

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
The movie is set in historic 1998, and it's just sysadmins trying to keep their networks up and running while the dancing baby gif is emailed around over and over again.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The movie is set in historic 1898 and a man has to crank a projector to show a new "flickie" to a tent full of well-to-do Londoners. The title card reads, "swap.avi".

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

super sweet best pal posted:

Did any predictions turn out to be right?

Yeah, starting with the first post, but from the sounds of the wikipedia page this movie was so retarded that not even goons could predict everything.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
'ok... i've added twelve ar-15s with bump stocks, ten pounds of acid blotter and two hit men contracts to the basket... anything else you need as long as we're on the dark web here?'

'nah that's good... let me just give you my credit card info...'

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Mozi posted:

'ok... i've added twelve ar-15s with bump stocks, ten pounds of acid blotter and two hit men contracts to the basket... anything else you need as long as we're on the dark web here?'

'nah that's good... let me just give you my credit card info...'

Wait! do we have a discount code we'd like to use!?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
oh, poo poo! thanks, yeah, plug in LEESA20DWEB

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

in the digital pixel domain you're represented by what we call an avatar... let's see what yours is, james
*a half-fox half human ninja with a scar over it's left eye appears*
ah... you have the spirit of pixels... strong within you

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Fancy Hat posted:

"The Dark Web is... it's infecting the whole internet! And it's moving at an exponential rate, it'll infect the whole web in less than 20 minutes! The Digital Demon will be able to kill everyone who's ever used the internet!"

"There's one thing we can do. We fight the Dark Web... with the Light Web. Let's reroute the Light Web into the Dark Web's servers, the Light programming will override the Dark! But... how do we access the Light Web?"

"That's easy. You just have to know which sites are part of the Light Web. Lucky for us, I'm an old school webmaster."

*enters https://www.hamsterdance.com

Lmao

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
A person logs out of the Dark Web, goes to Yahoo! News. They see their own face and a headline article about how they were a pervert who was caught on the Dark Web. See the life arrest caught on webcam...

They click and the moment they do a bunch of cops break down the door and arrest them.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
It sounds like this movie has done what we couldn't and dealt a mighty blow to both Twitter and faceboosk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Zuckerberg just lost 16 billion because of this movie lol

• Locked thread