Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
ah yes snmp and active directory. two paragons of excellent design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

yeah they're used somewhere in the MS Active Directory schema structure, which seems good and cool and logical

they're used for coding and identification in medical systems too. they're very good. AD is also good too but the use of oids is an ldap thing and not specific to ad.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
youre just naming a bunch of things that are notoriously bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hatred of ad is a sign of retardation so maybe hatred of OIDs can be used for that as well.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

command shift 4

i’ve book marked this post for the next time i need to remember what to push

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

snip tool is very good but it's hard to break the win-r mspaint ^V instinct

and no i dont want to save it to loving onedrive go away

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

flakeloaf posted:

snip tool is very good but it's hard to break the win-r mspaint ^V instinct

and no i dont want to save it to loving onedrive go away

lol if u have instincts and don't have to fumble your way around a keyboard always and forever.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MS does a lot of stupid poo poo but active directory is pretty good, and so is windows 10

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Shaggar posted:

retardation

leave yospos.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
https://i.imgur.com/8pQPEM7.mp4

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
win10 fuckin sucks

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Ctrl plus (key) to launch application in Windows by application name.

Unless this exists already

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

win10 fuckin sucks

wrong binch

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its a piece of poo poo

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

why does apps change to apps0 as soon as the dot is typed?

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

clone on the phone posted:

Much in the same vein as the OP, changing your sound output device in Win 10 is too many steps. I should just be able to right-click the little speaker and choose it there but oh no I have to right-click then go into sound settings, and THEN I can change it.

this is very easy in the more recent updates. click the speaker icon, click the title bar, click the new output device

Space Whale posted:

Ctrl plus (key) to launch application in Windows by application name.

Unless this exists already

win+number launches apps pinned to the start bar

previously i used one note to auto save screenshots with win+shift+s. after a recent windows update it changed this hotkey to the snipping tool that looks exactly the same, except it no longer auto saves the screenshots, and there is no way to change it back to the old functionality. the closest thing is to rebind one note screen grab to a new hotkey.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

my stepdads beer posted:

is there any good snmp tools please help me my network is dying

paessler snmp tester

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
to use win10 on a daily basis

it’s fine

trying to do something different with it : maybe it’s poo poo

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

LastInLine posted:

why does apps change to apps0 as soon as the dot is typed?

idk why, only happens on my work pc

autocomplete sucks in general, windows or any application

using chome and i type in "stackoverflow" and after three characters it autocompletes to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42069/how-is-babby-formed

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lampey posted:

paessler snmp tester

hmm cheers. I've been using iReasoning MIB Browser

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

snmp is dumb and bad and shagger defending it is the one thing I ought to have figured

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Plank Walker posted:

idk why, only happens on my work pc

autocomplete sucks in general, windows or any application

using chome and i type in "stackoverflow" and after three characters it autocompletes to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42069/how-is-babby-formed

to fix the chrome problem make the suggestion appear hightlight it and shift+delete to make it disappear then just go to stackoverflow and it should remember and autocomplete that

you can also bookmark it but no matter what you first need to delete the unwanted autocomplete entry

as the thread title says it could be a gently caress ton easier

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

snmp is dumb and bad and shagger defending it is the one thing I ought to have figured

im not defending snmp at all

pram
Jun 10, 2001
youre misreading shaggers argument. its more like 'OIDs are in microsoft thing ergo they must be good as they can do no wrong'

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Much in the same vein as the OP, changing your sound output device in Win 10 is too many steps. I should just be able to right-click the little speaker and choose it there but oh no I have to right-click then go into sound settings, and THEN I can change it.

Incorrect.
Left-click the speaker icon, not right-click. There's a drop-down menu there to change output devices.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pram posted:

youre misreading shaggers argument. its more like 'OIDs are in microsoft thing ergo they must be good as they can do no wrong'

OIDs are an itu/iso thing.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
OIDs are good because they are globally unique and structured by organization and purpose

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

you know what could be a gently caress ton easier? navigating the history of a subversion repository

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

SpaceAceJase posted:

Incorrect.
Left-click the speaker icon, not right-click. There's a drop-down menu there to change output devices.

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Shaggar posted:

OIDs are good because they are globally unique and structured by organization and purpose

wrong!!!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
u r messing w/ me aren't you.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
scrolling window capture needs to be incorporated in OS and not just a browser extention

e: also gifcam & camtasia type functionality should be standard (i know win has xbox screen recording, but it never worked well for me)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Bloody posted:

you know what could be a gently caress ton easier? navigating the history of a subversion repository

convert it to a git repo so simple

influx.
Dec 16, 2007

Nice pants!
winkey + shift + s

ur welcome.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

You can left click the sound icon and select the desired output there. No need to open up sound settings.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

LastInLine posted:

but then why wouldnt you just alt prtscrn?

:aaaaa:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

influx. posted:

winkey + shift + s

ur welcome.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

*barrels headfirst through wall* HAY NUH UH YOU CAN LEFGT CLICK THE AUDIO ICON ACTUALLY AND THEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

fibrechannel and iscsi storage is the worst
why is there no standard for metadata about block devices and target ports, every vendor wants you to install their horrible management agents

i hate having to figure out what the hell device "ba:db:ad:ba:db:ad:de:ad" or "naa.624a93704bfab20d4b694df7000143ac" points to and people gently caress it up all the time, why can't it include hints about its hostname, storage type and other helpful stuff and why can't a storage consumer send back information about what it's put on a block device like volume groups, filesystem labels or whatever without the need for proprietary agents :argh:

• Locked thread