Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Satellit3 posted:

*barrels headfirst through wall* HAY NUH UH YOU CAN LEFGT CLICK THE AUDIO ICON ACTUALLY AND THEN

You can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

r u ready to WALK posted:

fibrechannel and iscsi storage is the worst
why is there no standard for metadata about block devices and target ports, every vendor wants you to install their horrible management agents

i hate having to figure out what the hell device "ba:db:ad:ba:db:ad:de:ad" or "naa.624a93704bfab20d4b694df7000143ac" points to and people gently caress it up all the time, why can't it include hints about its hostname, storage type and other helpful stuff and why can't a storage consumer send back information about what it's put on a block device like volume groups, filesystem labels or whatever without the need for proprietary agents :argh:

windows iscsi initiator works fine for me op

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
breaking eggs without getting egg juice all over the counter / my hands

also grating ginger and garlic and other things without slicing bits of my hadn

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

:thunk:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

It's called egg white. You just need a lighter touch and probably do it more often. Also, get a garlic press.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i've broken at least an egg or two every day for most of my life and i still have not figured out how to do it without getting "egg white" everywhere.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

I will argue against a garlic press if only cause they’ve all broke on me and been a pain to clean properly. what I usually do is crush with the flat side of a large knife, slice then mince, and it’s good

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yeah that's usually what i do but these directions were specific that i grate and i gave it a shot. it was not a good experience and i hosed up multiple nails by dragging them across a grate hole

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Tim bring back the control strip

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

like remember how easy it was to change display resolution/colors with the control strip. but in osx i gotta go into system prefs to change my mbp scaling which i do at least twice a day. not good, imo.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i've broken at least an egg or two every day for most of my life and i still have not figured out how to do it without getting "egg white" everywhere.

I don't know what to tell you. Guess it could be easier to execute?

Lambert fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 28, 2018

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

knock the egg against a flat surface, not the edge of a pan or whatever

also

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Elder Postsman posted:

like remember how easy it was to change display resolution/colors with the control strip. but in osx i gotta go into system prefs to change my mbp scaling which i do at least twice a day. not good, imo.

try doing this with automator

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

try doing this with automator

oh that’s a really good idea

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

knock the egg against a flat surface, not the edge of a pan or whatever

also

I use it sometimes but jarred minced garlic is not as good as fresh, and I enjoy the preparation

PapaLazarou
May 11, 2008

Decadent Federation Swine!

OldAlias posted:

I will argue against a garlic press if only cause they’ve all broke on me and been a pain to clean properly. what I usually do is crush with the flat side of a large knife, slice then mince, and it’s good

https://www.oxo.com/products/preparing/garlic-herb-tools/garlic-press

our old garlic press broke but then we got this one and it very much feels like it will not break and does not have that stupid little basket thing that you need to pull out and clean.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the ikea garlic press is fine for hanging on the wall while I bash garlic cloves with a 15 oz can of garbanzo beans

(the lip on the bottom of the can acts as a stop, so you don't over-crush it. perfect every time)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
woah, cool tip.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

yeah that's usually what i do but these directions were specific that i grate and i gave it a shot. it was not a good experience and i hosed up multiple nails by dragging them across a grate hole

get a microplane grater and hold the garlic by the stem

or get one of those daikon grinders from an asian store which use plastic nubs instead of metal

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
microplane grater is the best way to do garlic.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i keep trying the razor blade trick from that one mob movie, but keep getting coke buzzes whenever i actually eat the pasta

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

source control in general

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Lambert posted:

It's called egg white.

no thats the outside of the egg

see this cooking show for details

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Elder Postsman posted:

oh that’s a really good idea

i use display menu on the app store. $2 for a menubar icon that lists out all monitors and lets you swap resolutions, even retina

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

carry on then posted:

i use display menu on the app store. $2 for a menubar icon that lists out all monitors and lets you swap resolutions, even retina

lmao

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

that's some powerful display janitoring.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

carry on then posted:

you should have donated that $2 to people of color instead of fussing with bourgeoisie phone janitoring

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
til yosposters dont know how to crack eggs

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Cat Face Joe posted:

you should have donated that $2 to people of color instead of fussing with bourgeoisie phone janitoring

i'm the unfounded assumptions in this post

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

carry on then posted:

yospos bithc

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

carry on then posted:

sorry you got beat at your own tired game, dude

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

double stymie

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

jesus christ it's double stymie

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Cat Face Joe posted:

sorry you got beat at your own tired game, dude

i'm not here to educate you about your own racist prejudices.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

carry on then posted:

i'm not here to educate you about your own racist prejudices.

I hope you find the mental health help you so desperately need

i can ape chud talking points too

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

amazing how when push comes to shove, the privileged will always revert to defending each other

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

if you stare at double stymie long enough they get out of sync

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

its a motherfucking stymie hit squad

• Locked thread