Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

you seem upset that the settings icon is called settings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Stereotype posted:

taking screenshots of a single window is absolutely horrible in windows 10. They have "Snap" which is a standalone application that requires like 4 mouse clicks to take a screenshot.

The keyboard shortcut only does the entire visible area, and the "single window" keyboard shortcut uploads it to Microsoft drive or something, that we don't have.

windows is absolute trash and has no redeeming value

see also

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

i always lold a bit when old timers would wrangle some lovely screenshot util at work and the mac one was just the default os

the windows one was some clunky rear end poo poo we had approved years ago and never updated, required mouse clicks to launch, and took a few seconds to save the capture before being able to paste

when we switched to 7 this was the best thing because its good and bundled but it didnt stop the use of the garbage util we had for years

my garbage job still uses a garbage print screen utility on windows

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

SpaceAceJase posted:

Incorrect.
Left-click the speaker icon, not right-click. There's a drop-down menu there to change output devices.

lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

breaking eggs without getting egg juice all over the counter / my hands

also grating ginger and garlic and other things without slicing bits of my hadn

knock the egg against a flat surface, not the edge of a pan or whatever

also

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Elder Postsman posted:

like remember how easy it was to change display resolution/colors with the control strip. but in osx i gotta go into system prefs to change my mbp scaling which i do at least twice a day. not good, imo.

try doing this with automator

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

meatspin should have a shop called meatspend

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

try cracking the egg on the flat surface of the pan

not the bottom!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007