Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

carry on then posted:

windows third party screenshot applications are also trash and the improvements coming in mojave widen that gap considerably

i always lold a bit when old timers would wrangle some lovely screenshot util at work and the mac one was just the default os

the windows one was some clunky rear end poo poo we had approved years ago and never updated, required mouse clicks to launch, and took a few seconds to save the capture before being able to paste

President Beep posted:

I really like using the native snip tool because I literally never need a full screencap.

when we switched to 7 this was the best thing because its good and bundled but it didnt stop the use of the garbage util we had for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

screen snapping on macos is better except who can ever remember the commands so I have to google each time lmao

its only through sheer force of will that i did, but the same old timer that wrangled the awful tools we had remapped his mac to a simple combo and was snapping like mad making defect documentation

meanwhile i am admittedly using the same awful combo because im an adobe user and have stockholm syndrome for key combos

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

'no i like' *squints at keyboard* 'save for web in photoshop'

• Locked thread