Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I was just commenting to someone 2 days ago that the windows UI is a total mess for doing anything.

It's like 3 different look-and-feels and it's a crapshoot on which one you're going to get. Then you have weird "links" (which is the worst way to navigate a native UI) that are ambiguous, like "Change settings..." and "Configure devices..." and sometimes both of them open the same window but just on different tabs. I can never find what I'm looking for.

Also I love that clicking the same link multiple times will open multiple dialog boxes. Really cool to have the same sound device settings open 4 times because you lost focus.

The windows UI is just total trash. They need to just re-do it.

At least they finally updated the font installation dialog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

flakeloaf posted:

you want to run a program

press start button

the app is on it now, but you're used to typing it so you start typing the name of the app

the app loving disappears, as the start button goes blank and a mostly naked video game woman begins building an index of the entire library of congress

once the index is finished, the top-level result is the option to search bing for the thing you typed

gently caress i thought i had some weird cortana option set wrong that was doing this, but it seems like the start menu search just doesnt work at all for anyone, huh?

then again, my windows computer isnt for any real work, its just a glorified console

• Locked thread