Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ok so I often connect between TWO separate blue tooth speakers, and one of them is used by more than one person

I have to go into GOD drat SETTINGS, on the iphone, and click connect.

anyone noticed on the wee pop up screen you can hold down on the music bit and select which speaker to use? yes this works well if your speaker is already connected BUT WHERE THE gently caress IS THE OPTION TO GO RECONNECT TO A SPEAKER YOUVE CONNECTED TO A DOZEN TIMES BUT ARE NOT CURRENTLY CONNECTED TO?

you have to go into SETTINGS like a computer janitor

also my ipad and connecting to my iphone for tethering REQUIRES YOU GO INTO SETTINGS

SETTINGS is the kind of app you should go into very rarely.. ideally never once things are the way they should be

making a new folder in windows 10 IS HARDER THAN IT USED TO BE and the lack of identify in the icons makes this difficult I always imagine what my dad would do if he watned to create a folder and ya know what he probably wouldnt and just save everything in the same downloads folder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i reckon.. entirelyl possible just requires someone to care about something for once

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

you seem upset that the settings icon is called settings

there is a good place for these things and that isn’t settings

well it can be in settings i don’t care about that, i just also want to be able to do it easily

every time i have to open settings just to do something basic, rather than change a setting for example, i feel anger and then fear

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

It used to be that you always had to go into settings, but now they added the little button you can click from the control-panel or whatever it is called, but it only has apple things on there and no 3rd party stuff.

it only helps ya select between stuff that is currently selected, but no option to try to find new connections, especially to things it’s connected to in the past

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
settings is something you should access to change something in a indefinite fashion

not something you should actually end up opening multiple times per week if you live a normal life where you visit multiple friends and have to change wifi and bluetooth

its wrong. if you think its ok.. I wonder what is wrong with you? sure its hardly life destroying, but why argue devils advocate for it. argue for UI advancement, not ludditism

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
like windows settings is a bit of a mess now coz it still ends up opening legacy poo poo for when you really need to change something BUT it gets a pass because in reality you barely ever need to go in there

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

i usually paste it from the clipboard into whatever im gonna use to send it ex: teams, mail, imgur.

can ya paste it directly into imgur

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
screen snapping on macos is better except who can ever remember the commands so I have to google each time lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

command shift 4

i’ve book marked this post for the next time i need to remember what to push

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
to use win10 on a daily basis

it’s fine

trying to do something different with it : maybe it’s poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
python IS the future that most of you dont want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Careful Drums posted:

tbh i think going into your phone's settings is nbd, i don't get why its so hard for some people
settings is for changing things

settings is something maybe you use a bit when poo poo is new but after a while shouldn’t be entered

asking my phone to pair to a bt device it’s done a hundred times before isn’t something i should have to go into settings for

there no reason it’s not right in this bit that is always directly accessible and is used for choosing audio output to have an option to pair or make a new pair or whatever

• Locked thread