Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
smtp and ldap aren't anywhere near as bad as snmp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if you don't disable the indexer then search works fine.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Stereotype posted:

taking screenshots of a single window is absolutely horrible in windows 10. They have "Snap" which is a standalone application that requires like 4 mouse clicks to take a screenshot.

The keyboard shortcut only does the entire visible area, and the "single window" keyboard shortcut uploads it to Microsoft drive or something, that we don't have.
print screen for the whole desktop and alt+printscreen for a window.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i usually paste it from the clipboard into whatever im gonna use to send it ex: teams, mail, imgur.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

echinopsis posted:

can ya paste it directly into imgur

yeah that's a screenshot of me pasting it into imgur

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
wanting the screenshot tool to save stuff to disk automatically is like a 2% edge case. probably 80% of the time I want to paste it into something and never use it again and the remaining 18% I want to edit it before copying it and pasting it into something and never use it again.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pram posted:

snmp is really hosed. who the hell thought poo poo like this is a good idea

OIDs are actually very good and are used for way more than just SNMP.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

yeah they're used somewhere in the MS Active Directory schema structure, which seems good and cool and logical

they're used for coding and identification in medical systems too. they're very good. AD is also good too but the use of oids is an ldap thing and not specific to ad.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hatred of ad is a sign of retardation so maybe hatred of OIDs can be used for that as well.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

snmp is dumb and bad and shagger defending it is the one thing I ought to have figured

im not defending snmp at all

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pram posted:

youre misreading shaggers argument. its more like 'OIDs are in microsoft thing ergo they must be good as they can do no wrong'

OIDs are an itu/iso thing.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
OIDs are good because they are globally unique and structured by organization and purpose

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
u r messing w/ me aren't you.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

influx. posted:

winkey + shift + s

ur welcome.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
microplane grater is the best way to do garlic.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

carry on then posted:

i use display menu on the app store. $2 for a menubar icon that lists out all monitors and lets you swap resolutions, even retina

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Partycat posted:

i made an egg this morning by hitting it on the counter as per the advice in this thread. The shell collapsed when I picked the egg up. it fell onto the counter then slid behind my stove.

so yeah gently caress that I’ll just crack it on the pan

lol

• Locked thread