Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i searched it and found the site and its still goin

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-do-I-perform-an-exact-match-search/qaq-p/1619911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

well_there_you_go.gif

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i still remember when atlassian decided to remove the markup language from confluence and to switch exclusively to some built-in gui editor. them making it so you can't do exact match search and always have to go through some "intelligent" algorithm instead is very much in character

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the sad thing is i still think confluence is the best tool in the space

like have you tried using notion lately? good loving lord

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
but they lick bret victors boots!!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

abraham linksys posted:

buncha text files in folders in a git repo. that's how i organize my poo poo. add obsidian on top if you're feeling fancy

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

buncha text files in folders in a git repo. that's how i organize my poo poo. add obsidian on top if you're feeling fancy

i mean yes this is how i take notes for myself but if i want other people to read and contribute to said notes it is slightly more complicated

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
that's when they pull from your repo

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

our internal wiki is backed by GitHub, so the edit button takes you to the GitHub edit-and-commit flow. works pretty well even for the non-engineers

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

we use a couple trello boards for internal stuff and im pretty sure it coincides with atlassian buying them that the @name notify function got poo poo

every browser ive tried, you have to wait for it to pop up the suggestions before you hit tab, otherwise itll just go @carthagtuek instead of @sub[junctive] like i was loving typing goddamnit

could be coincidence, but the timing fits

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

like have you tried using notion lately? good loving lord

god notion sucks. any tool that overrides the browser context menu is a piece of poo poo, and also the text editor loving sucks and can’t manage state

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

abraham linksys posted:

i mean yes this is how i take notes for myself but if i want other people to read and contribute to said notes

i ask them politely yet firmly to leave me alone

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

abraham linksys posted:

i mean yes this is how i take notes for myself but if i want other people to read and contribute to said notes it is slightly more complicated

no no man you just gotta install sphinx and then run the doc generation script and use mermaid to generate your diagrams and wait where are you going

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

now that GitHub’s markdown parser speaks mermaid I use it much more

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Subjunctive posted:

is that the diagram thing?

i remember having a hell of a time setting up a whole pipeline to put diagrams in our rst docs. some kinda java applet had to be downloaded to the ci and poo poo. it was a mess. thank god we havent touched it since 2020

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

what’s wrong with graphviz

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

This is what I do. But Slab can link to a git repo so you can have the best of both worlds (markdown render for the technical and non-technical folks in a wiki)

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

I actually hadn't even heard of it until a few months ago, until I needed to put a git graph example in a PR which is the exact perfect use case for it (despite being a weird goddamn use case)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bloody posted:

what’s wrong with graphviz

nothing. at the time i couldnt figure out how to integrate it in the doc-ci process. it was some limitation with the ci/docbuild system idk so i googled up whatever and used that lol

e: it was plantuml which p much looks exactly like it did 8 years ago so thats nice

code:
@startuml
start
:Fart;
if (Shart) then (yes)
  :Call W. Shatner;
else (no)
  :Silent & Deadly;
endif
stop
@enduml

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 13, 2024

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Jira does a fun thing now where if you click Create Issue and try to do any formatting in the little pop-up form, not only will things not end up formatted, but any markup you tried to put in there will be escaped. You basically have to create a blank ticket, click on it, and then edit it in order to get any formatting support. Great job, everybody!

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

There are some times that I wish we were using jira cloud instead of datacenter but you are helping convince me of the benefits of not being on the bleeding edge

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

ChickenWing posted:

There are some times that I wish we were using jira cloud instead of datacenter but you are helping convince me of the benefits of not being on the bleeding edge

we just switched and it's much better but that's not saying much

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

anything which exists in the browser but fucks with default browser controls is a piece of poo poo, and jira does a lot of that

if i cmd+click an issue, I WANT TO OPEN IT IN A NEW loving TAB

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

vanity slug posted:

anything which fucks with default browser controls is a piece of poo poo

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
idk I like github actions logs having their own find-in-page that doesn't have any "case insensitive" option like my browser has had for literal decades

if there's one thing we can't trust to the browser it's a noninteractive text document

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

CPColin posted:

Jira does a fun thing now where if you click Create Issue and try to do any formatting in the little pop-up form, not only will things not end up formatted, but any markup you tried to put in there will be escaped. You basically have to create a blank ticket, click on it, and then edit it in order to get any formatting support. Great job, everybody!

i've never encountered this issue, that i remember, but it has that perfect janky jira feel to it that i have no doubt it's there. my favorite jira mysteries are the ones that are intermittent with no discernible patterns. a common one at a former employer was opening images attached to tickets would sometimes expand them correctly, and sometimes have broken links. same ticket, same image format, same everything. no one ever managed to figure out why

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

vanity slug posted:

Well deserved for not uskng the superior mousewheel-click

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

vanity slug posted:

the best thing is when sites with infinite scroll break this behavior. middle-click a thing expecting it to open in a new tab, and oops here it is in the current one. good luck finding where you were on that lovely infinite scroll page.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
code:
From d5cf50dafc9dd5faa1e61e7021e3496ddf7fd61e Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 10:05:10 -0700
Subject: Kconfig: add some hidden tabs on purpose

Commit d96c36004e31 ("tracing: Fix FTRACE_RECORD_RECURSION_SIZE Kconfig
entry") removed a hidden tab because it apparently showed breakage in
some third-party kernel config parsing tool.

It wasn't clear what tool it was, but let's make sure it gets fixed.
Because if you can't parse tabs as whitespace, you should not be parsing
the kernel Kconfig files.

In fact, let's make such breakage more obvious than some esoteric ftrace
record size option.  If you can't parse tabs, you can't have page sizes.

Yes, tab-vs-space confusion is sadly a traditional Unix thing, and
'make' is famous for being broken in this regard.  But no, that does not
mean that it's ok.

I'd add more random tabs to our Kconfig files, but I don't want to make
things uglier than necessary.  But it *might* bbe necessary if it turns
out we see more of this kind of silly tooling.

Fixes: d96c36004e31 ("tracing: Fix FTRACE_RECORD_RECURSION_SIZE Kconfig entry")
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CAHk-=wj-hLLN_t_m5OL4dXLaxvXKy_axuoJYXif7iczbfgAevQ@mail.gmail.com/
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
---
 arch/Kconfig | 12 ++++++------
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/Kconfig b/arch/Kconfig
index 9f066785bb71d9..65afb1de48b36e 100644
--- a/arch/Kconfig
+++ b/arch/Kconfig
@@ -1172,12 +1172,12 @@ config PAGE_SIZE_LESS_THAN_256KB

config PAGE_SHIFT
 	int
-	default 12 if PAGE_SIZE_4KB
-	default 13 if PAGE_SIZE_8KB
-	default 14 if PAGE_SIZE_16KB
-	default 15 if PAGE_SIZE_32KB
-	default 16 if PAGE_SIZE_64KB
-	default 18 if PAGE_SIZE_256KB
+	default	12 if PAGE_SIZE_4KB
+	default	13 if PAGE_SIZE_8KB
+	default	14 if PAGE_SIZE_16KB
+	default	15 if PAGE_SIZE_32KB
+	default	16 if PAGE_SIZE_64KB
+	default	18 if PAGE_SIZE_256KB

# This allows to use a set of generic functions to determine mmap base
 # address by giving priority to top-down scheme only if the process
-- 
cgit 1.2.3-korg

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
that is sort of a corollary of hyrum's law: if you want to be able to do something in the future you need to make sure you're doing it now or someone will depend on you not doing it

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

how does this guy not know about hashtag include

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

that is a review on an ios app I don't know that I would have expected any different

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Hed posted:

must be a buttcoiner

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

Hed posted:

Because the hello world tutorial he read while concurrently adding “C++ expert” to his LinkedIn profile stripped the hash during static site generation.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Fool posted:

that is a review on an ios app I don't know that I would have expected any different

Try looking at reviews on built in 'accessibility' apps, lotta folks thinking it is spyware

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

What are you guys using for your work laptop commuter bag

I have a 13/14" MacBook pro, a pair of noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones in a hard case, and some kind of game console, and a battery bank plus one or two USB-C cables and pens and normal minimal bag stuff. Occasionally I'll grab a loaf of artisanal bread from the bakery down the street from my office to take home. My commute is primarily via light rail 30-45 min each way

I have a 9 year old Timbuktu medium messenger bag but all the clips have failed (technically they will warranty the clips) but it's getting grody and not really acceptable for the office as I've dragged it all over the world and got my money's use out of it

I've been using a Timbuktu Tuck bag (top loader with curl over top) I got from an old employer mid pandemic and it's clean and crisp but it's a literal deep black hole and I can't find anything and I mostly hate it but it's durable and reliable at least

Considering ordering a small Timbuktu small messenger bag with a combo of day glo yellow + orange, and reflective black panel (I commute downtown once a week l) for like $170. I don't really commute by bike, so that's not much of a concern, but I like the messenger bag form factor, I think

What is everyone using these days

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I haven't had to commute in a few years but I have an old timbuk2 that has held up really well

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

leave your work computer at work. hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I just use the nice monogrammed one that they gave me along with the laptop