Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

mackintosh posted:

Rosenborg through. No upsets today, then. Unless Celtic somehow concede 6. Honestly, it would've been embarrassing to go out to Valur.

What do you mean. Valur is a local football powehouse. Featuring right wingback Birkir Már Sævarsson of the BIG VIKING ICELAND MENS TEAM. AKA. Vindurinn or "the wind" because he runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

belgend posted:

great op btw to do away with all the spite, is there any chance of there being an EL qualifiers thread

I considered it, but it would take hours just to look up the teams on Wikipedia because there's so many of them and they're all so very different and unique

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Alexeythegreat posted:

I considered it, but it would take hours just to look up the teams on Wikipedia because there's so many of them and they're all so very different and unique

digging through that much waste would not be good for your health op

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Far too much dross in the first couple of rounds, not worth the effort, unless you're really into exotic clubs and their leagues. Just do a placeholder op and update it when the seeded CL teams are paradropped in. I doubt anyone will be watching those games before then, unless their team is playing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I'll make something when Fiorentina play their first match in the EL. I think that's next week.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Gigi Galli posted:

I'll make something when Fiorentina play their first match in the EL. I think that's next week.

Yeah I was asking is anyone else was making it because next week is also when the first English team enters. I'll cook something up if you can't do it

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Updated first post with some additional info.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Hello where is the Europa league thread because I have a question about the draw tia

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

shut up blegum posted:

Hello where is the Europa league thread because I have a question about the draw tia

Make it if you like!!! I was going to do it later this week but if you want it now go ahead.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Gigi Galli posted:

Make it if you like!!! I was going to do it later this week but if you want it now go ahead.

the other belge wanted to do it, not me!!

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I might do it once Legia crash out after this round.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

I'm currently in process of making it, but it's taking a while cause there's literally 50 pairings

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Do a placeholder and update it as you go along, better to have something than nothing imo.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

belgend posted:

I'm currently in process of making it, but it's taking a while cause there's literally 50 pairings

Maybe just limit it to games that have funny and/or semi-relevant teams? As in, the ones that play in the Champions League and you go "what the gently caress they should be in Europa" and that play in Europa and you go "what the gently caress shouldn't they play in Champions League to finish third or get knocked out in R16"

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Alexeythegreat posted:

Maybe just limit it to games that have funny and/or semi-relevant teams? As in, the ones that play in the Champions League and you go "what the gently caress they should be in Europa" and that play in Europa and you go "what the gently caress shouldn't they play in Champions League to finish third or get knocked out in R16"
the op would be empty

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

belgend posted:

the op would be empty

This round has Sevilla, RB Leipzig, Beşiktaş and clubs called Vikingur and B36 and Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

in today's results:

--sadly CSA left us because his boys PAOK beat Basel. at least we still have Wengy to laugh at this result.
--Legia Warsaw are losing at home, and a certain Pole will tell you that is not surprising in the least

tomorrow we actually get fun teams like Ludogorets, Ajax, and Celtic, while the latter's opponents Rosenborg are in revolt after their manager got fired following 1QR.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
As I was saying, Legia is in shambles. The current owner/CEO is an idiot and he's running this club into the ground.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Good OP, OP. I'll be rooting for my local team - Dinamo Zagreb, which beat Hapoel Beer Sheva 5 - 0. I expected them to be much a tougher nut to crack. Dinamo tends to do well in these early stages, only to become a laughing stock when they reach the group stage of either Champions League or Europa League.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Legia ended up losing 2-0 at home, and in doing so made history. This is the first time a Polish team lost to a Slovakian team in club football. I will endavour to update the op tomorrow, once all the results are in.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

the latter's opponents Rosenborg are in revolt after their manager got fired following 1QR.

I can assure you everything about this situation is v. funny to the rest of us Norwegians OP

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
Cetic/Rosenborg tomorrow in the Battle of the Disappointments

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
1st match for new rosenborg manager rini coolens *quick google to see if i remembered that correctly* rini coolen tomorrow. i have absolutely zero hope for this round, and unlike other times when ive said that i have zero hope, this time i actually have zero hope.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
rosenborg trying to fool me into believing by going up 1-0 in glasgow, but i know

ah theres that familiar disappointment 1-1

ass cobra fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 25, 2018

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

rear end cobra posted:

rosenborg trying to fool me into believing by going up 1-0 in glasgow, but i know

ah theres that familiar disappointment 1-1

Make it 2-1, the other French lad scored for Celtic.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
You know you're bad when you're worse than Celtic

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Alexeythegreat posted:

You know you're bad when you're worse than Celtic

hey, Brenda's actually built a decent little team who just made it 3-1

also all three of the early ties, which all had poo poo teams from poo poo countries like loving Azerbaijan in them, all finished 0-0. lovely.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
football is bad and dumb imo

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

now now, you got that vital away goal and you're still playing in norway

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

It's not like Celtic are anything to write home about away in Europe either

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

gtkor posted:

It's not like Celtic are anything to write home about away in Europe either

We beat Rosenberg away from hom last year lol

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
remember when Celtic beat Barcelona and everyone loved it and then they got Barcelona in the group stages every single time they made it that far ever again?

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

belgend posted:

now now, you got that vital away goal and you're still playing in norway

the return leg will end 0-0. book it

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

also interesting to see ludogrets go 0-0 today. do they not care about CL? seems like they would get a decent gate from at least getting through to the group stage

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Updated with first leg results. Agreed, Ludogorets was quite the surprise. I expected them to breeze through. Might make for a very interesting return leg.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Turner has announced their plans for the Champions League this season.

http://www.turner.com/pressroom/united-states/turner-sports/uefa/br-live-provide-direct-access-more-340-live-uefa

Highlights:
- All matches will be available on their new subscription streaming service B\R Live: individual ($2.99), monthly ($9.99) or annual ($79.99)
- Only 2 matches per day (4 matches per matchday) are on TNT
- All Europa League matches are streaming only except the final

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

psyer posted:

Turner has announced their plans for the Champions League this season.

http://www.turner.com/pressroom/united-states/turner-sports/uefa/br-live-provide-direct-access-more-340-live-uefa

Highlights:
- All matches will be available on their new subscription streaming service B\R Live: individual ($2.99), monthly ($9.99) or annual ($79.99)
- Only 2 matches per day (4 matches per matchday) are on TNT
- All Europa League matches are streaming only except the final

Cool, guess I’m not watching any of those matches. Bunch of dumbasses in charge of television and streaming services

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Those prices all seem pretty reasonable.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

peanut- posted:

Those prices all seem pretty reasonable.

If I wasn't already paying for their lovely TV service full of crap, then yeah, they would be more than reasonable. Streams it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I also wonder what clueless morons they'll have for commentary, and no, it wont be me.

• Locked thread