Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Gigi Galli posted:

I also wonder what clueless morons they'll have for commentary, and no, it wont be me.

drat, i can't believe they rejected your application

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

I also wonder what clueless morons they'll have for commentary, and no, it wont be me.

It will probably be the World Feed that UEFA provides for most of the matches. The only time I could see commentary are the few matches that are on TNT.

Turner already announced that Kate Abdo will be the presenter and Steve Nash will be one of the pundits.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Legia's increasingly delusional, inept manager has decided to start a 38 year old and one nominal forward in an away game chasing a 0-2 result, leaving all the new signings on the bench. And now there's talk that he'll be fired tonight and replaced by Nawałka. You may remember Nawałka from his brilliant show of tactical prowess in Poland's recent World Cup group stage performance. Christ Almighty this club isn't a dumpster fire any more, it's a raging volcano of incompetence.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
It seems Spartak weren't expecting having to televise this game and have elected to paint their sunburnt grass green. Half the players are covered in green residue now. Also, Legia are down to ten men, so we can pretty much call this tie now, Spartak are going to go through.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
We actually managed to win the return leg 1-0, and there was a chance to level the tie, but having gone down to 9 men in the 84th minute, Legia predictably crashes out of the CL. See you in the Europa next week.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Tonights results:

tuesday night at stadionul sheriff sounds like a good time

https://twitter.com/EverySheriff/status/1023829516324675584

ass cobra fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 31, 2018

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Predictably enough, Legia's manager has been sacked. We're going to have six managers in three years. This poo poo show is going to collapse any day now.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
Take it to the EL thread loser

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

also, they've already had the draw for the next round, which looks like this (now edited based on results):

Champions Path
Celtic vs AEK Athens
Red Bull Salzburg vs Shkendija
Red Star Belgrade vs Spartak Trnava
Qarabag vs BATE Borisov
Astana vs Dinamo Zagreb
Malmo vs MOL Videoton

League Path
Standard Liege vs Ajax
Benfica vs Fenerbahce
Slavia Prague vs Dynamo Kiev
PAOK vs Spartak Moscow

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 1, 2018

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

fat greasy puto posted:

the return leg will end 0-0. book it

(Ron Howard voice) It did.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat how bad are Sturm graz

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Not as bad as Basel. What the gently caress happened there, I wonder.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Well that went exactly as expected. Congrats to Celtic, I'm sure we'll meet again in this hellworld that is champions league qualifying

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

If you are an idiot like me and spent money on the B/R live package, looks like they are going to air games without commentators from time to time. Kind of nice to be able to just hear the crowd.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Glad Standard to manage half a point from their CL qualifiers for our coefficient, it'll make the collapse in Amsterdam less painful

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
ffs standard just beat ajax already

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

the play-off round draw is as follows:

Red Star Belgrade/Spartak Trnava vs Red Bull Salzburg/Shkendija
Qarabag/BATE Borisov vs PSV
BSC Young Boys vs Astana/Dinamo Zagreb
Celtic/AEK Athens vs Malmo/MOL Videoton
Benfica/Fenerbahce vs PAOK/Spartak Moscow
Standard Liege/Ajax vs Slavia Prague/Dynamo Kiev

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I'll update the op over the weekend, hopefully. Been a bit busy.

mang
Jul 21, 2015
PAOK 3-2 Spartak
Salzburg 3-0 minnows
Celtic 1-1 AEK

mang fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 8, 2018

mang
Jul 21, 2015
Celtic is 1-1 in the second half against 10-man aek and it will probably end 1-1 since Celtic is total garbage

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Univision announced how they will covering the Champions League and Europa League.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/08/09/champions-league-univision-coverage-press-release-uefa-europa

Highlights: (Eastern Time)
1 PM: Match on Unimas/UDN and another on Galavision
3 PM: Match on Univision/UDN, another on Unimas, and another on Galavision

Europa League
1 PM: Match on Unimas/UDN and another on Galavision
3 PM: Match on Unimas/UDN and another on Galavision

The non tv matches will be streamed on Univision Deportes app and website for free.

Turner announced that Tim Howard and Stu Holden will be part of the studio coverage for Champions League.

https://www.turner.com/pressroom/tim-howard-stuart-holden-join-br-football-uefa-champions-league-studio-coverage-available

mang
Jul 21, 2015
Celtic OUT

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

results as they come in:

Dynamo Kyiv 2 (3)-0 (1) Slavia Prague
BATE Borisov 1 (2)-1 (1) Qarabag
Spartak Moscow 0 (2)-0 (3) PAOK
Fenerbahce 1 (1)-1 (2) Benfica
AEK Athens 2 (3)-1 (2) Celtic
Dinamo Zagreb 1 (3)-0 (0) Astana
Malmo 0 (1)-0 (1) MOL Videoton (MOL Videoton go through on away goals)
Macedonian minnows I won't bother to spell 0 (0)-1 (4) Red Bull Salzburg

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

mang posted:

Celtic OUT

Lol

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
the spl must be really bad

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

qsvui posted:

the spl must be really bad

Its a Mikey Mouse league OP

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CyberPingu posted:

Its a Mikey Mouse league OP

Lol

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
cool now we'll meet celtic again in whatever round is left of europa league qualiying

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
i hope they lose that too

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Excellent smash and grab from PAOK there

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Dinamo Zagreb are in town and it’s been hell. Every woman I talked to today has complained about catcalling, hooting and hollering. loving savages. Hope we smash them.

Wengy fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 22, 2018

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

YESSSS MBABU

gently caress OFFFFF

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Guess there’s not much else going on but I can report that Young Boys are currently dominating the Croatian bitchbois at Wankdorf

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Wengy posted:

Guess there’s not much else going on but I can report that Young Boys are currently dominating the Croatian bitchbois at Wankdorf

nice post

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

It has aged badly :(

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Wengy posted:

Dinamo Zagreb are in town and it’s been hell. Every woman I talked to today has complained about catcalling, hooting and hollering. loving savages. Hope we smash them.

Hard to believe

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Dinamo's playing really well, and the "civilized" swiss showed their moral superiority by tossing poo poo at the goalkeeper.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

shame that MOL Videoton has to change their home tie to Budapest, more people need to see the Viktor Orban vanity project they currently play at

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Wengy posted:

cool anecdotal western europian casual racism you fuckwit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vivisectvnv posted:

cool anecdotal western europian casual racism you fuckwit

TRP is a safe space for casual, sport related racism.

• Locked thread