Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think PSV are getting out of that group tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
every red star belgrade home match is a must watch

although they will probably have a fan ban after the first game

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

gtkor posted:

Far too much of Spurs twitter thinks that is a good draw.

It is if you want to see them play some big teams

Are inter any good now

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Inter are pretty good yeah. I think its actually a tougher group for Spurs than last year.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

How did City end up with such a soft draw, are they just buying off the right people?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Anyone know when they will announce the specific fixture dates and times? I will be in Spain during Matchday 2 and I'm trying to see if I can make it to a match in Madrid or Barcelona

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 30, 2018

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

This is Wengy at the Wankdorf:

:hai:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/1035212610134843393

lol at Group D, also Group B means we get to see Leo versus his sworn enemy Mauro Icardi

hahahaha gently caress

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jose posted:

Are inter any good now

They should be but they lost to Sassuolo and tied with Torino (after being 2-0 up). They'll get it together eventually. Right now Spurs are better.

NTRabbit posted:

How did City end up with such a soft draw, are they just buying off the right people?

Paid more than United did I guess. It used to be them every time.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

hahahaha gently caress

Can't be worse than your last cl campaign :v:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

shut up blegum posted:

Can't be worse than your last cl campaign :v:

We could break the most goals conceded record

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

BWV posted:

groups B and C will provide some tasty games

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

This is Wengy at the Wankdorf:

I'm the fat guy with the earring

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

NTRabbit posted:

UEFA’s microwave is broken.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Edit: woops wrong thread

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 30, 2018

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Woodenlung posted:

What a loving fantastic night. I thought we were absolutely hosed against Atalanta, and really we should have been. But good defending and some luck got it

it must have been a really good game if you managed to qualify for the CL

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/1039129978347159552

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

So they are just accepting that no fans of either team are going to attend then...

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

gently caress off with that. Only good thing would be if somehow two small market teams make the final.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

So they are just accepting that no fans of either team are going to attend then...

because there are no real madrid or juve fans in america

that game would be a huge deal and would make a ton of money

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

bewbies posted:

because there are no real madrid or juve fans in america

that game would be a huge deal and would make a ton of money

That wasnt my point....

You are not going to get the same travelling support from fans in those countries going to America because its going to be even more super loving expensive to get to NY than it is to get somewhere in Europe.

Also above everything else, its a loving European competition. Imagine the amount of rage there would be if the NFL decided to host the Super Bowl in London.

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Sep 11, 2018

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

That wasnt my point....

You are not going to get the same travelling support from fans in those countries going to America because its going to be even more super loving expensive to get to NY than it is to get somewhere in Europe.

...and getting somewhere in Europe is already drat expensive

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

That wasnt my point....

true, but you're going to get a ton of american fans who aren't going to travel to kiev

basically i'm unsure why this is any better or worse than having it in ukraine or turkey or russia other than "america soccer lol"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

bewbies posted:

true, but you're going to get a ton of american fans who aren't going to travel to kiev

basically i'm unsure why this is any better or worse than having it in ukraine or turkey or russia other than "america soccer lol"

As i said in my edit, Its a European competition, if US fans want to go to the game they should have to travel to Europe...the same way European NFL fans have to travel to the US to see the Super Bowl.

It has nothing to do with "Americans soccer lol".

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

As i said in my edit, Its a European competition, if US fans want to go to the game they should have to travel to Europe...the same way European NFL fans have to travel to the US to see the Super Bowl.

It has nothing to do with "Americans soccer lol".

that is a fair point, but consider that this would be a HUGE deal in the states. like, probably the second biggest annual event behind the super bowl and maybe even bigger than that depending on how rapidly the NFL's fortunes decline. it would be a tremendous showcase for the sport and would mean even bigger money for the UCL.

also it is really quite easy to get to NYC from big european cities, they all have nonstop flights and NYC is one of the only american cities that makes even a little sense to europeans.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CyberPingu posted:

Also above everything else, its a loving European competition. Imagine the amount of rage there would be if the NFL decided to host the Super Bowl in London.

A Super Bowl in London is totally foreseeable and probably wouldn’t even create that much outrage.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

blue footed boobie posted:

A Super Bowl in London is totally foreseeable and probably wouldn’t even create that much outrage.

There was a lot of outrage when London games were proposed...

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

UEFA doesn't give a poo poo about the fans anyway, they kept more tickets for themselves than they allocated to both teams combined for the final: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-champions-league-final-ticket-14608311

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

greazeball posted:

UEFA doesn't give a poo poo about the fans anyway, they kept more tickets for themselves than they allocated to both teams combined for the final: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-champions-league-final-ticket-14608311

Yeah, its the same with most finals, hence my original comment about how this will have less fans at it as they will then have allocations for American companies too most likely

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

bewbies posted:

it would be a tremendous showcase for the sport and would mean even bigger money for the UCL.

these are not valid arguments for anyone except absolute cunts

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Manc Hill posted:

:hmmyes:

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Another reason it's bullshit is because we all know that NYC is the somewhat acceptable first out-of-Europe location and then it will just go to the UAE or to whatever billionaire ponies up the cash to hold it on his private island

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
If they’re hosting it in New York they should give a MLS team a group stage slot!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CyberPingu posted:

There was a lot of outrage when London games were proposed...

Not really.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Manc Hill posted:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Also, "lol america soccer" is, in fact, a valid argument, even if not the principal one

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Manc Hill posted:

this

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
The CL will be better when more people see what an American-style cheering section is like.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Brony Car posted:

The CL will be better when more people see what an American-style cheering section is like.

this is definitely not true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

e nvm.

Its a dumb idea...i hope they dont do it, or if they do i hope its two teams that have basically zero US support

• Locked thread