Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Just got out of the director's cut and

General Dog posted:

They should have him contorted to be sucking his own dick

... thought right back to the poster when they did a montage of some of his movies :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

more of a darkly comedic venture so I'm cautiously enthused. My fill of weird-rear end melancholic movies has been satiated by Yorgos Lanthimos the past 2 years so it's nice to see von Trier finally finished this one.

I agree that's the general feeling of this movie. Though I feel like Yorgos Lanthimos in general does a better job on the dark comedy/melancholy vibes. The Favourite seems to be getting a lot of rave reviews as well.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

warez posted:

(if you can at times separate out the physical acts on screen, which wasn't too hard as the victims are all just kind of faceless people we have next to no connection to)

After having the movie sit for a few days now, that makes so much more sense plus the overall approach to filmmaking, then think of both of those with how the movie goes into grapes and rotting, making wine

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Not quite on the level of Cannibal Holocaust or something like Martyrs. Definitely more hosed up than Raw if that helps you any.