Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
They are affiliated to WWE mind: and that might make things tricky for them if they try to get too big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lumbermouth posted:

I think dude is enough of an attraction now to potentially get people watching wXw.

wXw are basically owned by Vince at this point. I assume they have the same clause allowing WWE to buy them as the British groups do

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Uggggh I thought they hadn't gone the PROGRESS route since I hadn't seen a Shotgun equivalent advertised on Peacock. That's disappointing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lumbermouth posted:

Uggggh I thought they hadn't gone the PROGRESS route since I hadn't seen a Shotgun equivalent advertised on Peacock. That's disappointing.

Probably not on Peacock yet, but on the Network yep.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lumbermouth posted:

WXW We Love Wrestling is available on the Network. But also on WXW NOW

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Walter isnt normally on NXT, the dude was probably on the first plane back to Europe after Takeover

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

how the gently caress did he get into the US anyway, has he been there a while?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Showed up at the airport said "let me on a plane" and they did because they didn't want to die.

Got to passport control and said "let me in the country" and they did because they didn't want to die.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

He got into an airplane, jumped off at Canada and walked to Takeover.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's a good question and one I wondered about Ospreay when he showed up IN LA for NJPW

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

if you’ve got a work permit or temp visa I think you can get in?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Main event announced for York Hall. Fingers crossed Knight goes over and Ospreay leaves for America. Had the tickets to this since March of 2020 so going to go but definitely not going to anything else with Will on it.

https://twitter.com/revprouk/status/1430440192310185984?s=21

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

reckon NJPW will let Will job while they're running the fake champ angle?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Robert Kowney Jr.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

only to Kenny Omega

so no

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They're a bad company, so no
https://twitter.com/SirLARIATO/status/1430450336016257028

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

That’s TV Asahi and not New Japan - the latter has no control over their video content since the former owns it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://mobile.twitter.com/WrestleCarnival/status/1433821954503548942

HOLY poo poo CHARLIE MORGAN IS BACK

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lumbermouth posted:

HOLY poo poo CHARLIE MORGAN IS BACK
:hellyeah:

Crimson Chin
Aug 16, 2005

mister happy turtle is a happy turtle
So I've recently moved to the south of England and just realised that RevPro is based down here and they run shows semi regularly pretty close to where I live. I've never engaged with Britwres before, but I maintain a passing interest in NJPW so thought I'd give RevPro a go given their partnership. There's a show in Southampton next weekend.

I get that Britwres is a shadow of its former self with all the speaking out stuff, and that RevPro is nowhere near the heights it was before Covid with minimal international travel from Japan, but I want to give it a try and maybe make some IRL wrestlemates.

The only wrestlers I'd have heard of would be those who have been in NJPW, but are there any other wrestlers I should keep an eye out for? Any ongoing storylines that I should know about? Long shot, but anyone here happen to be going and want to hang?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I've only restarted going to live RevPro shows recently, so I'm not really up to date with the storylines, with the only one that I was aware of is Legion trying to convince Yota Tusji to join them, and Ricky Knight Jr fueding with Will Ospreay in the leadup to High Stakes 2021. In terms of some of my favourite wrestlers in the promotion, currently I really like the aforementioned RKJ, Micheal Oku, Robbie X and Kyle Fletcher (even outside of when he fights for his tag team Aussie Open). I especially like Michael: he's currently mainly peforming in his tag team Destination Anywhere, but he's basically fearless and always takes a bunch of nasty-looking bumps during his matches. Unfortunately I tend to go only on the London shows since those are the ones that are local to me.

Edit: I also saw Shota at High Stakes but he seems really rusty and the match wasn't bad, but wasn't great either.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Well congrats to the pair of them. Beat the poo poo out of each other!

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Crimson Chin posted:

So I've recently moved to the south of England and just realised that RevPro is based down here and they run shows semi regularly pretty close to where I live. I've never engaged with Britwres before, but I maintain a passing interest in NJPW so thought I'd give RevPro a go given their partnership. There's a show in Southampton next weekend.

I get that Britwres is a shadow of its former self with all the speaking out stuff, and that RevPro is nowhere near the heights it was before Covid with minimal international travel from Japan, but I want to give it a try and maybe make some IRL wrestlemates.

The only wrestlers I'd have heard of would be those who have been in NJPW, but are there any other wrestlers I should keep an eye out for? Any ongoing storylines that I should know about? Long shot, but anyone here happen to be going and want to hang?

If you’re nearby I’m on a show in Hastings on the 16th Oct.
It’s a local company with mostly in-house talent but we have The UK Pitbulls and Big F’N Joe on the show.

I

Crimson Chin
Aug 16, 2005

mister happy turtle is a happy turtle

Gaz2k21 posted:

If you’re nearby I’m on a show in Hastings on the 16th Oct.
It’s a local company with mostly in-house talent but we have The UK Pitbulls and Big F’N Joe on the show.

I

Ta for the offer bud, but Hastings is quite a trek for me. Unfortunately Portsmouth and Southampton are about my limit. All the best on the show though!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So Wrestling Resurgence's first show since the pandemic just sold out instantly.

https://twitter.com/W_Resurgence/status/1445097019488575493?s=19

Probably a small venue, but that's still awesome.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://progresswrestling.myshopify.com/blogs/news/progress-wrestling-returns-in-2022-with-new-ownership

God I hope this means they’re out from under the WWE umbrella.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/1476904487939887104

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

This is the funniest and worst outcome possible.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Man I was so confused before reading the article.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Bit of a relief to find out Jeff isn't an owner

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Ain't he great.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder what Jarretts roles is in all this if he’s tweeting this. Head Booker perhaps?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder what Jarretts roles is in all this if he’s tweeting this. Head Booker perhaps?

Top champion, obviously.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I would love to see a Progress crowd's reaction to a Jarrett Reign of Terror a la TNA 2003-6

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Wonder who they'll put against Gresham when he comes over. Chris Ridgeway would be fun.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/1476961347711737856

Whatculture Wrestling is back baby

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Honestly Defiant Wrestling was a good weekly show. Bunch of really good people involved.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i was nominally interested in a progress reboot until i realized theyre still on wwe network/peacock, gross

pretty wild how they haven't run a single show for a crowd since covid, though. i assume they must be getting paid a lot for the content. as much as we mock britwres there are a bunch of people on these shows i'm happy are still getting paid to work (chris ridgeway should be one of the biggest stars in the revitalized NOAH right now :smith:)

hopefully the new owners will at the very least get rid of the loving chapter subtitles

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

i was nominally interested in a progress reboot until i realized theyre still on wwe network/peacock, gross

pretty wild how they haven't run a single show for a crowd since covid, though. i assume they must be getting paid a lot for the content. as much as we mock britwres there are a bunch of people on these shows i'm happy are still getting paid to work (chris ridgeway should be one of the biggest stars in the revitalized NOAH right now :smith:)

hopefully the new owners will at the very least get rid of the loving chapter subtitles

First show back already has a stupid subtitle announced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

Their accounts show that they made a lot of money in 2021 so clearly they are getting paid a fair bit from WWE to hold shows - I think there's only so long they could go before having to run in front of fans again and now is that point.