Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So it took me like God I don't know 4 hours to figure out I could use the d-pad to zoom out on the camera I was super super frustrated that they remove the camera controls for a while. I got in the franchise and played around a little bit seems fine nothing too crazy but I'm super boom or bust as a runner this year so far either rip off 25 yards or my guy just turns and plants into the rear end of some lineman

MUT sucks is a waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
longshot has a 25 minute unskippable cutscene where you play guitar

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Waroduce posted:

So it took me like God I don't know 4 hours to figure out I could use the d-pad to zoom out on the camera I was super super frustrated that they remove the camera controls for a while. I got in the franchise and played around a little bit seems fine nothing too crazy but I'm super boom or bust as a runner this year so far either rip off 25 yards or my guy just turns and plants into the rear end of some lineman

MUT sucks is a waste

That seems about right. Either your blocking is good and you go for 10+ yards or the play is completely blown up like they picked your play in Tecmo. Throwing animations take forever, especially inexplicably the throw-away. If you're running opposite-hand direction and press throw away, about half the time your guy will come to a complete stop, set, and then try to throw the ball out of bounds. Of course by that time you're either sacked or you've fumbled.

Passing in general seems weird - I have a couple replays of the ball just dying on a 3 yard bullet pass with no pressure, like it'll just bloop out and quickly arc straight into the ground :flaccid: and just in general short passing seems to be really inaccurate like they really wanted to show off the fancy stretching catches. Rodgers should be a better passer than that. Linebackers and lineman have incredibly crazy reflexes and can intercept a bullet pass within moments of its release, which is incredibly odd. Bullet passes in general are busted as hell I think, which is problematic for me because I close my eyes and mash the buttons as hard as I can most of the time.

Animations are largely improved except for the aforementioned lightning-fast snap-tos that lineman and linebackers do sometimes, and I seem to get caught in some long-rear end directional charge animation sometimes if I'm slightly off on my direction when taking over a runner that caught the ball.

On top of all of that is my yearly regression where at the start of the season I play like I've never seen a football game in my life, yell a lot about the game endlessly cheating and having perfect coverage/etc for every single play, and just have a hard time with the controls until I get used to it and stop being a retard, which happens because I haven't touched Madden since probably November of last year. A big thing too is I swear R2 used to be like a "speed burst" thing that you only used if you were trying to hit a hole. Now you have to hold it to run full speed. All of my receivers were constantly being caught from behind even with a 10 yard lead when they caught the ball because I was so in the habit of "Leave R2 alone unless you're trying to dash into a hole or something" and that's very much not the case anymore. Now you have to hold it to run full speed and it also seems to need to be held down to do the new cut stuff they advertised. I haven't really figured it out yet and should probably watch a video or something.

I think an early patch will probably fix the most egregious of the stuff like usual. I really hope screens get fixed. I'm yet to have one go for positive yardage, they're almost all sacks or fumbles, the occasional interception, and very rarely a completed pass for 0 or negative yards. Something is definitely wrong with them. If they get some of this stuff squared away though there's some potential here I think. I thought Madden 18 was probably one of the better Maddens in recent memory, and this one feels like it could be better once it's updated and I get the hang of new controls and remember how to use the controller and read coverage.

Don't play MUT.

ssb fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 11, 2018

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

longshot has a 25 minute unskippable cutscene where you play guitar

That rules

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

please unban me from the madden league

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

After taking a hiatus from madden for several years I absolutely suck at this game.

I have yet to make it through 4 quarters without throwing 2+ picks on Pro difficulty.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
This year's game feels so much buggier than it used to be. When im playing user game half the time i can't do ballcarrier moves, screens just dont work most of the time because it wont let you throw the ball, and players just feel more sluggish.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

If anybody that’s not already in the Discord wants to join our fantasy draft league there’s still plenty of spots. Most likely drafting next Sunday, join the discord to talk about open teams/draft time and poo poo.

Also still a couple spots in the main league which starts with the week 1 rosters
https://discord.gg/tghHhtv

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Game just feels off right now. I put the bengals in man coverage with aggressive coaching adjustments and its a shutdown defense in franchise. At least vs. the cpu its not uncommong for the opposing qb to go 1/10 with several ints

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I bought this on PC after not playing Madden since 12 because that's when I built a gaming PC.

I guess it may not be a bunch of new stuff or anything if you've been playing this whole time, but holy poo poo, Madden on PC, and it feels pretty sweet after taking 7 years off. I was loving awful when I started playing.

Also I've been playing MUT, but not spending money, because it gave me free packs for doing the mechanics tutorial (after getting stomped by Pro difficulty) and the solo stuff is pretty fun and seems like you can get an OK team without spending :10bux:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Master Stur posted:

Game just feels off right now. I put the bengals in man coverage with aggressive coaching adjustments and its a shutdown defense in franchise. At least vs. the cpu its not uncommong for the opposing qb to go 1/10 with several ints

I throw an INT the second I throw the wrong type of throw. Bullet pass down the middle will get intercepted 90% of the time if the MLB is hanging out. It feels like you get punished too hard at the moment for passing.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Some of the maneuvers that defenders make to tip and pick balls off make Cirque du Soliel look like statues.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

I throw an INT the second I throw the wrong type of throw. Bullet pass down the middle will get intercepted 90% of the time if the MLB is hanging out. It feels like you get punished too hard at the moment for passing.

That's good

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oberst posted:

Game will be unplayable until a patch like always

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

I saw a tip about holding L1 to throw high, and L2 to throw low. Its the only consistent way Ive found to be able to complete throws over defenders.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Master Stur posted:

CPU rarely does Hard Counts so it's easy to use aggressive d-line coaching trait.... assuming that's what you had on aggressive and not tackling.

Doltos posted:

Double tap the throwing icon to throw touch passes or just do a High Point pass. This will eliminate the CPU lurk interceptions.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
This game is bad op

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Waroduce posted:

This game is bad op

I did a fantasy draft and then simmed the first two seasons so i could put a bunch of lovely rookies on my roster. First game, my rookie backup RB scores a TD on a 1-yard run up the middle.

When he celebrates he does the bowling thing with the ball. It slowly sinks into the ground. Then his legs below the knee turn massive, like three times their normal size. Then the ball pops out of the ground and he lumbers away with his giant swollen tree trunk legs.

Anyway the game is bad and good.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
also if you're playing on the PC for the love of god don't try to use the keyboard movement controls because the game's coded to expect smooth changes in direction like from a controller

If you go from holding up to holding up-right you'll usually freeze in place to go into a long cut animation and then get tackled

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

https://twitter.com/GoOffKings/status/1029517884379164672?s=19

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i don't have 19 yet but 18 just came through to EA Access. i played one game of MUT seasons with my 68ovr team only to get matched up with a guy who had the 99 Bo Jackson and a bunch of other bullshit. his defense would get within 10 feet of one of my players and they would impulsively fumble the football. it was hilarious

i lost 0-104 because i wasn't paying attention and clicked "no" on the prompt that says "your opponent is severely overpowered, end game early?"

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
That video is so amazing every time you see it you notice something new. I just noticed that it credited The Titans with a touchdown but the Seahawks were celebrating.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

CPU rarely does Hard Counts so it's easy to use aggressive d-line coaching trait.... assuming that's what you had on aggressive and not tackling.

IIRC it was aggressive d-line and "play the ball" options

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Game is poo poo and I look forward to another league year lasting until march

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Started playing Madden 19 today, and on PC. The character models and stadiums are mindblowing looking, but there is zero anime and that is kinda disappointing.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Waiting for the titty mod and the lingere football league mod

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay so don't play Franchise mode with just one player, my bad. The AI will throw the game intentionally if you don't always have control of all quarterbacks. I wish I could find out how to change this instead of starting my season all over again.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Okay so don't play Franchise mode with just one player, my bad. The AI will throw the game intentionally if you don't always have control of all quarterbacks. I wish I could find out how to change this instead of starting my season all over again.

What?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you pick to play as just one player, the game will simulate when that player is not on the field. The AI taking control is super awful and you will lose the game.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Put it on slow speed then it won't throw.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

New patch is p good so far

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Oberst posted:

New patch is p good so far

you're pretty good

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I didnt do it

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lmao

https://twitter.com/Seeney_/status/1033794337086287872?s=19

Oberst
May 24, 2010

hopterque posted:

you're pretty good

Game is extremely playable right now except screens are incredibly broken

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Oberst posted:

Game is extremely playable right now except screens are incredibly broken

Broken in that you can actually throw them before you flattened by a rampaging dlineman or that 75+% of the time it doesnt matter because your RB gets caught on a T and doesnt actually get near where they are supposed to?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

OxySnake posted:

Broken in that you can actually throw them before you flattened by a rampaging dlineman or that 75+% of the time it doesnt matter because your RB gets caught on a T and doesnt actually get near where they are supposed to?

Both of those are things that make screen passes broken, yes. Not in the "broken" sense where you can easily pop off 90 yard screens every single play like whatever year's madden that was. Right now you'll get about 1/10 of a screen pass for positive yardage, most will be sacks or occasional interceptions.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The CPU RBs are so stupid even on the highest settings they juke backwards into tackles and away from first downs.

On the flip side running is extremely good and fun. I love having to think about which hole I cut to or avoiding DTs who are blocked but have their hands out in the lane. Only complaint is that power HBs suck and even the best ones always fall backwards when tackled. They need to reduce the time it takes to truck someone so they're actually useful going down the middle. Right now dives don't work at all.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
update the roster cowards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I WANT TO PLAY WITH MACK ON THE BEARS WITHOUT MANUALLY TRADING PICKS