Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
@whatspeakyou @johnbrown

Also please review our incredibly realistic rules that aren't loving stupid and make the game less,realistic which is the opposite of their intention

Situational Play Calling on Offense

4TH DOWN RULE: [You can go for it if it fits one of these scenarios]
• Any Quarter - 4th and 1 or shorter, at or past your opponents 40
• Quarter 1 - 3 - Down by 17 points or more.
• 4th Quarter - Any distance - Down by 8 Points or more
• 4th Quarter - Under 2 Minutes - Any distance - losing by any amount
• Over Time - You can go for it at your own risk

NO RUNNING UP THE SCORE
- Chew Clock can be used with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter, or if your opponent has conceded and asks for you to run it out to end the game.
- You do not have to run the ball all three plays and then punt. You can always attempt to gain the first down, but there is a difference between being aggressive and trying to get first down to continue running clock. We do expect you to take a knee at the end of the game and take your win if your opponent isn't calling timeouts and you can run it down to zero time left. Two min left and no timeouts, take a knee.

Oberst fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

DEFENSE: 
• Defense must be mixed up on play calls and type of defense. Man - Cover 4 - Cover 3 - Cover 2 – Blitz. You shouldn't be 95% Man or 95% Zone. If your more than 80% one side or the other, then you are in a violation. You cannot call the same type of coverage more than two times in a row. So when in RedZone, we shouldn't see Cover 2 Zone Three Straight Times. Just mix it up and adjust to the situation. If someone goes 4 wide every play we understand you may have to adjust.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Oberst posted:

NEW RULES FOR THE MADDEN LEAGUE

Free Agency and the Waiver Wire

We are introducing a ‘Waiver Wire’ process to govern over all off-season/in-season free agency to add a bit more structure and another level of realism to the team management process.

>All 'Free Agents' 75 ovr or higher will require a bid

>Submit your bid by posting in the ‘Waiver Claims’ thread (see forum)

>If no one has put in an additional claim (which is time stamped) after 24 hrs the thread will be locked and the Free Agent will be available for you to sign (LIMIT ONE CLAIM PER 24 HRS – NO MULTIPLE PLAYER CLAIMS)

>If multiple users claim the same player, the team with lower numerical draft pick will be awarded the player like in the NFL.

>All ‘Free Agents’ 74 ovr or lower are still first come first serve and are limited to two pick-ups per advanced week.

If anyone has a question feel free to contact an admin. (K's and P's DO NOT count they can be signed in addition to the other two players - So long as their rating does not require a bid)

2-Each team MUST maintain a 53 man roster (IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 53 YOU WILL FORFEIT DRAFT A PICK/S – to be determined by the admins)

shut the gently caress up

Oberst
May 24, 2010

My dedication to realism will never be silenced

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lmfao

https://twitter.com/EA_KRAELO/status/1088080558423490562

Oberst
May 24, 2010

*Extremely scud voice* This game is a passion project for all the devs involved. They put their heart and soul into every update

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

can't wait for franchise to be $20 DLC so they actually do something with it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The most important update to date
The previous Huddle tab will be renamed “Competitive”, and taken over with Madden Championship Series content, including the streaming schedule and the Gameday Program, which has competitive-themed offers, like unique Club Championship uniforms and competitor coaches.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
They finally made a good Super Bowl Eli and I can’t bring myself to care.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Man this poo poo’s on sale for like $23 on PSN. I’ve never in my life played Madden but I play the poo poo out of hacked Tecmo Bowl...should I even waste money on Madden?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Only if you want to play with goons. The ps4 leagues are still going

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Oberst posted:

Only if you want to play with goons. The ps4 leagues are still going

I don’t play much of anything online...how’s the season mode?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

EdsTeioh posted:

all i do is play offline franchise and its loving bad. the draft seems really weird with talent levels and the roster AI isn't as broken as previous versions but still not great

the progression mechanics suck and are very shallow. could have done alot with it but its half assed but for 23$ whatever

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Waroduce posted:

all i do is play offline franchise and its loving bad. the draft seems really weird with talent levels and the roster AI isn't as broken as previous versions but still not great

the progression mechanics suck and are very shallow. could have done alot with it but its half assed but for 23$ whatever

Man all this doesn’t sound good at all. Guess I keep on with Tecmo 19 on DS and get...I dunno...MLB The Show or something for PS4.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

EdsTeioh posted:

Man all this doesn’t sound good at all. Guess I keep on with Tecmo 19 on DS and get...I dunno...MLB The Show or something for PS4.

That has its own set of problems, and both the developers and the community are too focused on Diamond Dynasty (The Show's version of HUT/MUT/FUT) and not on actual good game mechanics or good single player franchises.

That said I played a lot of hours of The Show 18 and hardly any hours at all of Madden 19 so.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

EdsTeioh posted:

Yeah there's no point to buying this game if you aren't in the ps4 goon leagues

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Stop playing madden offline you retards

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Oberst posted:

Stop playing madden

fixed that for you champ

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Oberst posted:

@whatspeakyou @johnbrown

Also please review our incredibly realistic rules that aren't loving stupid and make the game less,realistic which is the opposite of their intention

Situational Play Calling on Offense

4TH DOWN RULE: [You can go for it if it fits one of these scenarios]
• Any Quarter - 4th and 1 or shorter, at or past your opponents 40
• Quarter 1 - 3 - Down by 17 points or more.
• 4th Quarter - Any distance - Down by 8 Points or more
• 4th Quarter - Under 2 Minutes - Any distance - losing by any amount
• Over Time - You can go for it at your own risk

NO RUNNING UP THE SCORE
- Chew Clock can be used with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter, or if your opponent has conceded and asks for you to run it out to end the game.
- You do not have to run the ball all three plays and then punt. You can always attempt to gain the first down, but there is a difference between being aggressive and trying to get first down to continue running clock. We do expect you to take a knee at the end of the game and take your win if your opponent isn't calling timeouts and you can run it down to zero time left. Two min left and no timeouts, take a knee.

Why? Why can't you just go for it if you feel like it? This is some weird hand holding.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
For realism

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Zaphod42 posted:

Why? Why can't you just go for it if you feel like it? This is some weird hand holding.

The game is severely broken and without enforcing some in house rule it turns into a total poo poo fest. Watch any “pro” madden tournament, it’s trash.

It can actually be fun with decent house rules that limit the nonsense.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

@whatspeakyou

Lmao check out this fool who doesn't understand realism

Oberst
May 24, 2010

hopterque posted:

fixed that for you champ

League games are fun sorry u get mad and also eat spaetzel

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Oberst posted:

League games are fun sorry u get mad and also eat spaetzel

thats bavarian food we dont eat that up here, its good tho

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

davecrazy posted:

Watch any “pro” madden tournament,

No

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

davecrazy posted:

The game is severely broken and without enforcing some in house rule it turns into a total poo poo fest. Watch any “pro” madden tournament, it’s trash.

It can actually be fun with decent house rules that limit the nonsense.

Yeah sounds right. Lame though.

Oberst posted:

@whatspeakyou

Lmao check out this fool who doesn't understand realism

Whatchyou mean realism? How is it not real to let players do whatever they want? That seems more real to me. In real life if the coach felt like it he could make crazy calls. Might get fired but you can do it. That's realism.

NFL has a lot of weird rear end rules these days but are you seriously mandated to punt on 4th? No way.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
its very easy to exploit technical issues that exist in the game that obviously aren't a factor in real life to make certain situations and types of plays favor you extremely heavily, without there being any way to effectively counter it. Those rules enforce a playstyle closer to actual football instead of stuff like running the same plays out of the same formation every play over and over again because its what breaks the AI in the current meta, things like that.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

lol those aren’t the goon league rules. I know, people are going for it on 4th all the time over there.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Those are definitely goon league rules and I'd like to thank whatspeakyou for opening my eyes to how unrealistic the play was without a bunch of weird, arbitrary rules

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Oberst posted:

Those are definitely goon league rules and I'd like to thank whatspeakyou for opening my eyes to how unrealistic the play was without a bunch of weird, arbitrary rules

realism is important, after all, its in the game

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I wasn't a super pro competitor or whatever but last year I felt like I was winning more games online against lovely GO FOR IT EVERYTIME guys when I had a decent punter. It helps that the game makes your aim super consistent so it's not hard to bounce it out of bounds to pin people too.

I guess that's just another form of unrealism but whatever

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I like to coffin corner and call a zero blitz for the saftey Allah akbar!!!!!

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Consistent punts are highly unrealistic and will be punished accordingly

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
This game is a scam

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

This game is a scam

U mad

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
the game is bad if i still had an xbox id play franchise in like 2006 or 2007. DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER WHEN YOU COULD PLAY A COLLEGE ALL STAR GAME WITH THE ACTUAL PROSPECTS

it was so cool. I actually played it and would draft guys who did well. Found some gems.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

huge mad

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Blitz7x posted:

This game is a scam

https://clips.twitch.tv/PatientFragileIguanaFrankerZ

EA made the bad game

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

So... is this game really just total trash that I shouldn't even spend $18 on? I just want a decent modern football game to play, haven't had anything since PS2 era. No interest in online play or ultimate team bullshit, just playing football offline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's probably fine for that, you won't be as salty about the bad stuff if the last one you played was that long ago.