Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I invented that S thing and it serves as the swastika for my future fascist dictatorship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Grei Skuring posted:

I've lost count how many times this gif has been midattributed or claimed by soulless corporations

cool was this 3D? How'd you accomplish it? my guess if it's 3D was you dragged it through a lattice or something

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

How about some film photography.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Turdo posted:

I made this thing

whoa that thing fkn rules

from 16yrs ago:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:yeah:

J.O.Y
Jul 16, 2018
Cool stuff op. Some really great stuff in here.

Started drawing last year and got really into it for about six months.
Most of the stuff I did wasn't very creative, just a lot of exercises.
Probably my best effort.

Trying to get back to it at the moment, everything still looks like poo poo but whatever.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Kerro posted:

I don't know if this is art or what, but I make dioramas.

Here's one my wife and I made last year of the Nautilus from 20,000 leagues.

And here's one that's still a very early work-in-progress based on an Edward Hopper painting. Still needs a lot of fiddling with positioning to get all the angles right but I think I can get there. Tweezers give a bit of a sense of scale.

This is really neat!

Where is this? It looks gorgeous

naem
May 29, 2011

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I've been lazily teaching myself how to record music and do music production stuff for death metal/punk songs I write. I'm pretty happy with how I've improved over time and it's only going to get heavier
https://soundcloud.com/lfranco321/fc-no-vocals-628

all guitars/bass are me and drums are superior drummer (programmed by me). no vocals cause I couldn't come up with anything I liked

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 23, 2018

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
High school - my first ever 3d render.

Now - also produced in the exact same software as the high school version, just the newest versions.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

Putty posted:

cool was this 3D? How'd you accomplish it? my guess if it's 3D was you dragged it through a lattice or something

Correct. It is a segmented hallway looping into several (recursive??) distortion lattices/areas.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

warez posted:

Where is this? It looks gorgeous

Hakone, Japan. Taken from the window of the onsen we were staying at, thoroughly recommend the area, is absolutely beautiful.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cubicle gangster posted:

High school - my first ever 3d render.

Now - also produced in the exact same software as the high school version, just the newest versions.

Seeing your stuff always almost makes me regret getting out of doing 3D, so good :allears:

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

busted

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I drew this for a girl I liked back in April

I leave this kind of poo poo on the work board all the time

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
my art is all text-based. i wish i had some of my highschool stuff to compare.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Here is a painting of Eddie Vedder I did when I was 15 ish? It's a bad scan but the best I have.

And my latest commission for a friend:

I usually do more realistic work in colored pencil, but recently found the magic of liquitex acrylic markers and have been playing with them and acrylic paint.

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015

I tried covering it keeps coming back

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I'd buy prints.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Wow I'm bad at art

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Nah you ain't bad at art.

You are just early on in reaching your potential.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Art is like 10% talent, 70% practicepracticepractice, and 20% luck.

When you see an amazing work of art and you get jealous of their talent, you’re ignoring the hundreds or thousands of hours they spent drawing/painting/doodling alone in their rooms while other kids were doing poo poo like playing sports, doing homework, or making friends.

Creativity is a pathos, is what I’m saying

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Nice Tommy Wiseau portrait bro

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I'd buy prints.

I didn’t scan that one because it’s someone else’s photo and I don’t have rights. Post your dog or cat and maybe I’ll draw them if I have time this week though.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
a friend recently found a thing I did for her a few years ago and I am not much of an artist but I am proud of it as it's probably the drawing I have done that came out the best so I will share it

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

HungryMedusa posted:

I didn’t scan that one because it’s someone else’s photo and I don’t have rights. Post your dog or cat and maybe I’ll draw them if I have time this week though.

:3:
I totally get it if you end up too busy, but your painting is excellent.

Here's my fluffbag

I like this photo - it looks like she's seen the Divine light from the hallway. She's ascended.

Jake Mustache
Feb 7, 2017

Left made in photoshop. Right made in Illustrator after learning it was better suited for creation of non-photos pictures. Been self teaching myself to further my tshirt designing side gig.

Random scene I made. I like it a lot and I am certain I don't have a clue on how to recreate it.

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
https://imgur.com/a/TfGI0d9
I made eels and hosed up adding them repeatedly to a single post. Whatevs. I like them and their google eyed weirdness.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

The eels rule.

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009

HungryMedusa posted:

The eels rule.

Thanks, Hungry!

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

obviously I hosed it posted:

I made eels and hosed up adding them repeatedly to a single post. Whatevs. I like them and their google eyed weirdness.

These are cool, nice colors and funny personality.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I liked this threadless shirt design of Monty Python stained glass windows. So I am using it to paint my own.

You can see part of a cartoon cat next to it. I googled "cartoon cat" and painted one I liked.

Dr. Fraiser Chain fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 25, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don't know where my high school art is, but here's some stuff I did

2015 version

(kinda regressed a bit but I rushed it tbh)

I also take pictures of toys and stuff too

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
I don't have anything from High School cause that was pre-cellphone.

Here is something I drew recently though

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Working on a game here on SA in which there's a bunch of blue dudes against a bunch of red dudes. One of the red dudes is this smug guy.

He's doing the anime glasses flash thing while giving a speech and not going blind, sue me I'm terrible. Anyhow the blue dudes (the 'good' guys) ignored his speech and blasted him with some nasty goop.

Nothing to the level of the stuff others are doing here but I'm having fun!

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

High school art, you say? I've got a few old sketchbooks kicking around.

This was my totally original character, The Salamander, who's definitely not Spider-man.

And these were characters I drew for an online friend's pirate comic idea. I had to do quite the levels adjustment on these, cause my lines are so faint.

And this was my totally original superhero team that's definitely not the X-Men.

So these were probably all drawn 12-14 years ago, I think. I copied a lot of drawings from comics.

I'll post more recent stuff later. I haven't improved much, but I'm currently trying to get into an artist in residence program at my local comic store.