Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Rean really needs a new skin care routine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Here's scans of the manga
https://imgur.com/a/sdeQLxF

Someone translated it https://imgur.com/a/1ElNxc1

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 17, 2018

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1043324651978412038

Edit: Uhm, hi Millium?

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 22, 2018

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

for some reason tons of copies are getting delivered now so there are about to be a lot of spoilers

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it is kinda sad that despite going through the trouble of hiring an anime studio and paying them the big? bucks the end result looks worse then when they just quickly cut and panned over a bunch of static art

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

really weird how 3Hz doesn't try to match Sen's style. They did for TX and Ys 8. it's gotta be a lack of time or money or staff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=matsgxt1Vmg

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I'll say nothing more about Sen IV at this stage, other than if XSEED localize it it's REALLY gonna stretch their voice budget.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

it is kinda sad that despite going through the trouble of hiring an anime studio and paying them the big? bucks the end result looks worse then when they just quickly cut and panned over a bunch of static art
I thought the CS3 one was decent but this one, uh, wasn't great, yeah.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The Doomhammer posted:

I'll say nothing more about Sen IV at this stage, other than if XSEED localize it it's REALLY gonna stretch their voice budget.

The cutscenes reach almost Xenosaga levels of length yeah. Not to mention the gigantic cast.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Yeah, from skimming the details it looks like there's at least one cutscene around 2 hours long(!!!), and a fair number of shorter - but still lengthy - ones. And the endgame character selection is just shy of 40 characters, though you apparently need to split them between multiple parties.

As for the OP... I dunno what happened there. It's a completely different style from all 3 other CS games, and as mentioned seems like a creation from multiple years ago.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

39 playable characters you can use for the endgame, split into three different parties of 8.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Cs2 was already pretty sukoiden-like, this was the forgone conclusion

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Weirdos are starting to spam spoilers, saw a 4chan thread where someone did a "hey look I did it guys!" that included cake's reddit lol

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mr. Fortitude posted:

39 playable characters you can use for the endgame, split into three different parties of 8.

My god.

Did we even have 39 playable characters TOTAL before now? (Not counting guest types)

I think we were just short of that.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Supremezero posted:

My god.

Did we even have 39 playable characters TOTAL before now? (Not counting guest types)

I think we were just short of that.

I think counting only permanent characters of all the previous arcs & games in the Erebonia arc there's like 37? But yeah, the playable cast list is Chrono Cross huge. There's a lot of surprises with who is playable too, about 14 of them are major spoilers.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I don't really care about non-specific playable character talk but since I forsee it being an issue going on, I will say i intended this thread to be a place to talk about the game as people play it and not just a spoiler dump so do use spoiler tags and such as you would for any new game.

I have no actual power to enforce this but there you go.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Tae posted:

Cs2 was already pretty sukoiden-like, this was the forgone conclusion

Suikoden has far simpler characters customization mechanics than Orbments, though.

The "hang out with your buddies the night before the big boss fights" the two series share is good, OTOH. What I am saying is that Trails needs more moon-light themed tracks.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

OddObserver posted:

Suikoden has far simpler characters customization mechanics than Orbments, though.

The "hang out with your buddies the night before the big boss fights" the two series share is good, OTOH. What I am saying is that Trails needs more moon-light themed tracks.

The Calvard arc should have your buddies call you and ask you to go bowling, GTA IV style tbh. Make the bonding events more natural instead of artificial and harem-like.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I’m playing through 3 again before my copy of 4 arrives (need to get a shift on though, only halfway through)!

Definitely a lot of stuff in there that has more meaning the second time around and there’s plenty of foreshadowing for stuff that doesn’t happen in the game. Time to get into “avoid spoilers” mode as I have a really bad habit of reading a couple of lines ahead just before big reveals.

On a more serious note, eff them for having a “collect all treasure chests” trophy while not having a treasure chest collection percentage. If I miss the platinum I’ll be annoyed!!!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

A gold doubloon to the man who gets me out of work today

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cake Attack posted:

A gold doubloon to the man who gets me out of work today

Tell your boss "This really cool japanese animu game came out and I want to play it vastly more than working."

That'll get you out of work today.

And tomorrow.

And the foreseeable future.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Got to play for about 30 minutes over lunch, got the point where you get the starting party.

This is gonna be harder then if hadn't started at all

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

This had better not be another old school house type dungeon I swear to god

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I don't think so, or at least if it is it shouldn't last too long into the game.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
So, curious about one thing I thought I semi-saw on a stream:
What's the arcus cover used by (character from first dungeon segment): Renne?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

just the standard bracers guild cover

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

just the standard bracers guild cover

Well, I wasn't aware they were a member.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

She's not, just an official cooperator or w/e they call it like the non-bracer party members were in SC since the bracer guild is a terrifying paramilitary organization with no rules that does whatever it wants

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the music when you get to west sutherland road 😍

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

the music when you get to west sutherland road 😍

lit boss music coming soonish

Also whoa Orvid that's a deep NPC cut

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Gilbert!!!!

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Gilbert!!!!

The absolute greatest Gilbert moment happens in this game, and it's a shame that a part of its impact will be unavoidably lost in translation.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm getting yuna being the gold awakener vibes. I dunno why I spoiled that I have little basis but just putting it out there so I can either be smug or people can laugh at me

anyone in the know who follows this with smart rear end cryptic remakes will fall before my blade

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Ah nice, good to see the return of everyone's favourite Trails characters, the Abyss Worms.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

who organized this fishing notebook

ulster :siren: oh poo poo it's nielsen :siren:

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 29, 2018

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cedric is my favorite villain since would have guessed in cold steel 2 he'd genuinely be the most punchable antagonist in the series

lets hang out posted:

who organized this fishing notebook

ulster :siren: oh poo poo it's nielsen :siren:

what's this dudes deal again. I know he's supposed to be special somehow but I've basically missed him entirely in each game he shows up in

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Also how the hell are you supposed to get the max Ap bonuses in some of these fights

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

what's this dudes deal again. I know he's supposed to be special somehow but I've basically missed him entirely in each game he shows up in

https://kisekicrack.esterior.net/2016/10/23/hello-mr-nielsen-who-the-heck-are-you/

Basically he's a dude who turns up in suspicious places with suspicious amounts of info.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I swear the game just gave me an impossible sidequest, the next objective for it was to go back to Millicent but by the time you start the sidequest it doesn't let you go back there anymore unless I missed something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

Cedric is my favorite villain since would have guessed in cold steel 2 he'd genuinely be the most punchable antagonist in the series

I guess Weismann is more in the "want to grind him down to fine white powder" range than punchable?

• Locked thread