Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Cake Attack posted:

Also how the hell are you supposed to get the max Ap bonuses in some of these fights

my expert strat has mostly been to come in with full cp, spam s-crafts, and hope for the best (playign on hard). the first one was really heinous though, i had to drag out the fight that preceded it forever to get everyone healed up and recharged before moving to the second

Cake Attack posted:

I swear the game just gave me an impossible sidequest, the next objective for it was to go back to Millicent but by the time you start the sidequest it doesn't let you go back there anymore unless I missed something

was it from raquel? if you're trying to fast travel there i think you need to move over to the next tab from the map screen, they only give you nearby locations in the tab you start on. but i just walked back because i hadn't realized that at the time

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2Fq_ssevP2u-w

:coffeepal:

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 29, 2018

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

my expert strat has mostly been to come in with full cp, spam s-crafts, and hope for the best (playign on hard). the first one was really heinous though, i had to drag out the fight that preceded it forever to get everyone healed up and recharged before moving to the second

was it from raquel? if you're trying to fast travel there i think you need to move over to the next tab from the map screen, they only give you nearby locations in the tab you start on. but i just walked back because i hadn't realized that at the time

I tried to leave on foot but it told me go to the valley first. I guess once I'd left to the north it would let me go back normally

I'm having fun but the pacing of part 1 is kinda oof. We're getting revisiting all the cold steel 3 places outta the way early I suppose

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

(Michelam) loving Rufus. I thought the gold knight would be a good guy to give you a full party of divine Knights but I guess not. Or maybe one of the awakeners turn

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

^ it was somehow too obvious well i'm glad it isn't zombie olivert or angelica or anyone else i like who's supposedly dead because i figure all the undeads are going to be real dead by the end

unrelated but pretty cool how much https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHsFaD771jso is overdosing heavenly bliss

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Sep 30, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
From what I seen, 4 backed down on Alisha being the true romance option and gave a lot more people (including Towa) a kiss scene.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Honestly, them going all-in on Harem Rean in 4 is kind of annoying, especially after they backed off that a little with 3. Even Juna is fawning all over him now, which suuuucks.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

and yet you still can't romance crow smh

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Just finished 3 again, got my copy of 4 (the special one with the books) arriving tomorrow. Got the platinum too, no thanks to that drat treasure chest trophy. No more thread for me, not for a while anyway.

Still can't believe they did that at the end of 3. If only they'd spent less time slowly panning across to people standing on roofs or having every single character precisely calculating exactly how long it has been since they last saw each other then maybe they wouldn't have had to put 90% of the plot development into the final chapter!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

man this game really is just cold steel 2-2 isn't it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

what i figured from everything they said and showed of it before it came out. at least there might be some resolution this time. maybe.

please.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 30, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There is a resolution

Also every single character

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Anyway since the game is kind enough to highlight romantic bonding events it's time to walk the path of the volcel

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

so i don't know the details but ive seen comments alluding to a true ending which of course implies other endings. is this actually a thing and if so what needs to be done to unlock it?

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

There is, but don't worry about it.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Cake Attack posted:

so i don't know the details but ive seen comments alluding to a true ending which of course implies other endings. is this actually a thing and if so what needs to be done to unlock it?

I believe there's a sidequest near the end you have to do, but if you don't do it, the bad ending happens then takes you to right when the true ending sidequest becomes available.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

neato thanks. i basically do any sidequest that seems interesting or at the least not an outright pain in the rear end so i imagine it wont be an issue

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

this 10 ap bonus :psyduck:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

this 10 ap bonus :psyduck:

lol good luck!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i got it, which is great because there was no way i was redoing all of that. like what the hell

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Speculation (early part 2) so I'm guessing olivier and Schera are colluding behind the scenes what with her suddenly going AWOL on the rest of the guild. ive suspected he knew that he was gonna get kaboomed and his so called date with Schera in 3 was him setting the table to take advantage and fake his own death. We'll see

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Addendum: if the game lets me I'm gonna date the cat(girl) since the harem battle ending after 4 games with a last minute veer for the cat girl would be funny to me

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Cake Attack posted:

and yet you still can't romance crow smh

i'm early in part 2 and actively furious about this. come on

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

i'm early in part 2 and actively furious about this. come on

Tfw when you hug your bro and tell your bro how you need him. just bro stuff

Also geez they aren't holding back with these heart labelled bonding events. there's one for Altina and that's gonna be a hard no from me chief

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I don't think the Altina bond scenes go to anything improper but I cannot guarantee that. I haven't seen people complain about it like with juna and musse though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Juna isn't a romance, Altina doubles down as she being rean's "daughter" figure.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The most baffling thing in these games is that showers only restore 100cp but are free so you just always shower twice?

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

The cost is everyone talking behind Rean's back about his weird shower habits.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The boy gotta be clean.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Late part two the man, the legend

Also god drat was that cutscene long.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Late part two the man, the legend

Also god drat was that cutscene long.

The Eyepatch.

Edit: also ahhhh, I need this game's OST! I guess they haven't announced when they were releasing it yet?

The Doomhammer fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Oct 4, 2018

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Beginning of part 3 finally a company brave enough to have a bath scene where the dudes are talking about dick sizes instead of girls about beast sizes. this is revolutionary. i can't believe Gaius canonically has the biggest dick in class vii

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Cake Attack posted:

Beginning of part 3 finally a company brave enough to have a bath scene where the dudes are talking about dick sizes instead of girls about beast sizes. this is revolutionary. i can't believe Gaius canonically has the biggest dick in class vii

Big Stigma Energy

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

Cedric is my favorite villain since would have guessed in cold steel 2 he'd genuinely be the most punchable antagonist in the series

I'm not far into CS4 yet (just left witch village), but I'm really hoping they stick to "Cedric is just kinda a piece of poo poo who was totally willing to strangle young girls (and start world-wars) because he was addicted to ~THE POWER~ of the crimson divine knight" instead of using some "he was influenced by the Erebonian curse" excuse.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 5, 2018

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I kind of love what they did with Cedric in CS3 and 4, not gonna lie.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One other general comment - it's going to be pretty hilarious if it turns out that a bunch of the lovable army folks like Elliot's dad and the Thors' principal guy are literal "just following orders" Nazis who just willingly execute the murderous war ambitions of this obviously evil dude. Like, being a soldier isn't an excuse (especially if you're some high-up general who could conceivably wrangle your entire division into rebellion). Maybe they end up somehow getting convinced to go against Osbourne later, though.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I kind of love what they did with Cedric in CS3 and 4, not gonna lie.

I like how incredibly pathetic his stated motivation is; dude literally just got high off being in the powerful mecha and he's willing to commit child murder to get that buzz again!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i think they said at some point in 2 or 3 that nice principal grandpa ran the invasion of liberl in the hundred days war :sweatdrop:

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 5, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think every other comment you made is really confused on what franchise you're playing. This is the most bloodless modern rpg franchise outside of like atelier.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

this fight with mariabell and co at the end of part 2 is literally impossible??????? like gently caress the ap, i can't even survive. it owns that they seriously get over 20 turns in a row after i use elie's s-craft to revive everyone. i counted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

If it's any consolation the fight after that one is much easier!

• Locked thread