Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
I just realized the missions being book-ended by John in captivity is not painting him in a good light. He's managed to bungle a good chunk of each mission so far. Maybe MI6 ought to try and send someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

coleman francis posted:

I just realized the missions being book-ended by John in captivity is not painting him in a good light. He's managed to bungle a good chunk of each mission so far. Maybe MI6 ought to try and send someone else.

Not necessarily. He's infiltrated places and completed his missions. Of course, he hasn't done so in the most stealthy and inconspicuous of ways, but I'm not sure if that was ever expected.

Of course, the fact that he IS captured by the enemy and being tortured into telling them everything certainly suggests he hosed up somewhere, but remember that he believes he was set up, and there's a good handful of suspects at the moment for that.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

A neat concept of advancing through train cars with varying challenges. Also toward the end of the video, a new task is revealed to us which makes me feel very tense and unhappy.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
I know those giant dump trucks exist, but holy heck what is up with the size of these vehicles.

I hate time limits so much.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Thanks for playing this, I was always curious about this game.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

coleman francis posted:

I know those giant dump trucks exist, but holy heck what is up with the size of these vehicles.

I hate time limits so much.

I couldn't find any real-life "land trains" on this scale, so I'm putting this on the same level as a COBRA hideout. Still, it makes for an interesting level, going through a mobile base, car by car.

And yeah, I get easily stressed by things like this. Time limits, being chased, enemy waves. Just situations designed to overwhelm a player make me super anxious and I tend to gently caress up really badly (*cough* foreshadowing *cough*).

Aardark posted:

Thanks for playing this, I was always curious about this game.

I'm glad there's an interest. I know it's an obscure title - one I didn't even know anything about - but it has a lot going for it and I've found it to be a pretty fun experience so far.

Here, have today's video. As you may have noticed, the "two-a-week" plan hasn't actually happened yet. I've been working on some other things that may or may not be happening in the near future.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
I do sometimes missed the crisp detailed look of a pre-rendered background

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I do think the game looks very nice. It's hard to remember that this is a PC port of a PSX game sometimes.

It was released really late into the console lifecycle (the PS2 was already out in Japan), so by then, the PSX's capabilities were pretty thoroughly explored and utilized.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hi hello, time for another episode. I hope you like it.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Going to assume you made the fatal mistake of not waiting for the robot to visibly follow you out

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Would the game let you put a bullet in those two squabbling npcs?

I mean, they're dead in 20 minutes anyway, but still.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Polsy posted:

Going to assume you made the fatal mistake of not waiting for the robot to visibly follow you out

I'm not actually sure what happened there. The robot definitely spotted me (how couldn't it?), and it SHOULD have followed me out like it did before. I either was too fast or it was just one of those little quirks like that time a guard phased to matter to shoot at me.

coleman francis posted:

Would the game let you put a bullet in those two squabbling npcs?

I mean, they're dead in 20 minutes anyway, but still.

So far, you can't shoot at anything that isn't shooting back, so guard and robots only. John always says he shouldn't when I try to fire on technicians and such, so threatening only.

I... didn't think about all the nice people on the train that are going to die. Aww man. :(

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Who among us hasn't forgotten the AA guns were on the other car, really.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
If you are interested, I have started a playthrough for Until Dawn. The thread for that is here.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

We're supposed to be apprehending Nagarov. This mission is a flashback. We are currently being tortured by Nagarov. So let's see how badly things got hosed up here, eh?

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

Jamesman posted:

We're supposed to be apprehending Nagarov. This mission is a flashback. We are currently being tortured by Nagarov. So let's see how badly things got hosed up here, eh?

I'm sure it'll be fine.

I loved the lady who is taking no poo poo from from Spy Guy.

I really hope you end up getting a hat.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Legitimately disappointed you didn't get the dead guys hat along with the ID.

Discovering a room full of elon musks cave rescue pods was a weird twist.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

coleman francis posted:

Legitimately disappointed you didn't get the dead guys hat along with the ID.

Discovering a room full of elon musks cave rescue pods was a weird twist.

It's about to get a lot weirder.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hey hi.

As I try to say in the video while dealing with shock, this game is taking a surprisingly dark turn. Sure, it's a political spy thriller where the antagonist is a dictator, but I wasn't really expecting them to flesh things out how they are. I mean, M. Bison is an evil dictator and all we ever get from him is that he... brainwashed and enslaved women OK BAD EXAMPLE.

The point is I wasn't expecting this game to go as far as it is with Nagarov being a horrible evil monster.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I guess the game's title is making more sense down. It's a lot more blood-chilling at least.

Which is the darker and scarier game - this or Until Dawn? (Can't wait for the twist in Until Dawn where Josh turns out to be a superspy who has gathered all the best CIA agents in one place to determine who is the mole, and the game becomes a stealth actioner).

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kangra posted:

I guess the game's title is making more sense down. It's a lot more blood-chilling at least.

Which is the darker and scarier game - this or Until Dawn? (Can't wait for the twist in Until Dawn where Josh turns out to be a superspy who has gathered all the best CIA agents in one place to determine who is the mole, and the game becomes a stealth actioner).

So far, I have not been stalked by murderbots in Until Dawn, so In Cold Blood is currently winning.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
You were right. It got weirder.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Took a week off because I was a bit behind on some stuff and needed to miss an update, but I'm back now and will hopefully not have any more missed updates in the foreseeable future.

Also I try not to do this too often, but I'd like to do a little request for subscribers. I know not many people watch this series, but it seems like those that do are mostly people not yet subscribed. I could use a little boost as I try to grow my channel.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Cord saying he doesn't know why he went with Kostov...

Either he is just playing with Nagarov and resisting the truth serum or there's another twist on the way.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

coleman francis posted:

Cord saying he doesn't know why he went with Kostov...

Either he is just playing with Nagarov and resisting the truth serum or there's another twist on the way.

A lot of what is going on is very interesting to me. The way Nagarov is conversing with Cord seems almost like a debriefing, aside from the torture. Cord goes from saying he doesn't trust Chi Ling Cheung to saying he does. Disobeying orders to help Kostov's movement. The plans to instigate a ware between the US and China. The actual missions themselves.

I don't really know where the story's gonna go, and I'm very interested in finding out.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fun fact: The game crashed on me three times when recording this. I tried to fire my gun to get a guard's attention, and the game did NOT like that.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Wouldn't be surprised if its Kostov. Makes a kinda weird sense. Nagarov keeps him around so any foreign intelligence seeking to destabilize Volgia will naturally try and contact a local insurgency and Nagarov knows about it instantly.
Kostov might not even be aware.

It's sad. There are probably multitudes of neat games like this that are released into the ether and so many people will never know they exist. Never enough time to find them all let alone play them.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

coleman francis posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if its Kostov. Makes a kinda weird sense. Nagarov keeps him around so any foreign intelligence seeking to destabilize Volgia will naturally try and contact a local insurgency and Nagarov knows about it instantly.
Kostov might not even be aware.

It's sad. There are probably multitudes of neat games like this that are released into the ether and so many people will never know they exist. Never enough time to find them all let alone play them.

I can get a little frustrated with this game at times, but overall, it's a very solid game from people with a positive reputation. I'm surprised it didn't get more attention when it came out, and I only grabbed it by chance during one of GOG's sales.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hey hi hello!

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Hooray, I was worried the LP might be dead.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

coleman francis posted:

Hooray, I was worried the LP might be dead.

Nope! Both it and Until Dawn just needed a small break because I haven't had as many recording opportunities as I would like.

If anyone wants to help me pay for a new place to live that'd be cool.

I've almost done with the game, so I feel 99% sure this LP will see an end. I haven't had to abandon anything yet since coming back, and I hope to keep it that way!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Well I guess it wasn't Kostov. Chi was way too trigger happy there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe