Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Alright, time to go hibernate until AGDQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

It’s over :sadday:

That was super great watching and posting about ESA with you again speedfriends, I’m sure we’ll see each other around SA and on discord over the following months, and I’m definitely looking forward to the next event we can post about together! I still have a bunch of VODs of games I really want to watch so it’s almost like it’s not over yet.

I mentioned this earlier and no one seemed to object (but apologies if it’s unwelcome) so it would be fantastic if anyone would like to follow and watch & chat to me sometime on twitch while I’m casually playing games, but also very much trying to learn to speedrun Dragons Dogma soon, here is my twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/RoboJoe

:sanix: :comfysamus:

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Didn't really catch the end of ESA, but I'm glad that this chat thread existed and that I got to thread with you all. We will always have :fluffy: :ali: :sanix: :sadday: :comfyoot: and probably some other smilies that I missed out on. Love you all <3

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Raised By Birds posted:

We now join with Overwatch League Grand Finals, already in progress.

lol at anyone watching pro overwatch

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EGSunBro posted:

lol at anyone watching pro overwatch

i've never watched ESPORTS but it's surprisingly fun :yeah:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Get the whole gang in here

:ali:

:bigwhat:

:comfyoot:

:comfysamus:

:emptyquote:

:fluffy:

:justass:

:justtrans:

:kazooieass:

:pepsi:

:purfect:

:sadday:

:sanix:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Your Computer posted:

i've never watched ESPORTS but it's surprisingly fun :yeah:

Just kinda disappointed that the further into the playoffs we go, the more one-sided it seemed to get.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Raised By Birds posted:

Just kinda disappointed that the further into the playoffs we go, the more one-sided it seemed to get.

i'm still surprised the good teams were actually bad and the bad teams were actually good

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Raised By Birds posted:

We now join with Overwatch League Grand Finals, already in progress.

:laffo: It just ended. Playoffs are donezo.

Love to see essentially a shutout in the grand finals match.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Garrand posted:

Alright, time to go hibernate until AGDQ.

GDQx in October, remember.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Ramos posted:

GDQx in October, remember.

I don't know how much I'll be able to post during GDQx, but AGDQ is literally the week before spring semester starts so I should be good then.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

The Lobster posted:

I don't know how much I'll be able to post during GDQx, but AGDQ is literally the week before spring semester starts so I should be good then.

I expect :justpost: :emptyquote: and much more. It'll be a pleasure to speedpost with you again~

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Love y'all :love:

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

It's been :fluffy: speedfriends. Managed to catch quite a lot of ESA considering I've been travelling around this week. Mobile posting while watching a stream in split screen is SA on hard mode.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I actually caught most of the runs, but I was also playing videogames at the same time this time around, so I wasn't posting much. I read most of the posts though!!

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission
the end caught me by surprise! it was nice speedposting again, and friends, I'll see you in the discord

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Uuuh so "Pop Out" in the Twitch Android app gives you a PIP screen you can move about freely :aaa:

Next marathon is gonna be amaaazing!

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

a penus posted:

the end caught me by surprise! it was nice speedposting again, and friends, I'll see you in the discord
:comfyoot:

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

:sanix: posting during DnD without reading the last 250 posts to say it was a chill and cool ESA, thanks for sharing this thread y'all :sanix:

:comfyoot: speedfriends forever :comfyoot:

:ali: see ya at GDQX and in the discord :ali:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Thank you everyone for an extremely :fluffy: thread, this was my first time speedchilling and it was wonderful. See you all at GDQx! Or possibly on the discord.

Stay :fluffy:, stay :comfysamus:, stay :sanix:.

Tathris posted:

a penus posted:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

:fluffy:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
https://twitter.com/Chris_g_wall/status/1023334441173901312?s=19

Post event salty suite

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I feel like salty suite would be the wrong term for a post charity stream

e: I retract that statement

Garrand fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 29, 2018

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

I ended up being fairly busy this week and didn't get to post/see as many runs as I would have liked but I read the thread as much as I could, thanks for being an awesome group of people still and providing many laughs and smiles. Y'all are great.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

While it is a :sadday: that the marathon is over, I'm stoked that so much money was raised for a good cause :comfyoot:

These threads are always a and I'm glad that so many speedfriends can hang out with basically zero drama :kazooieass:

As a casual fan I am optimistic about ESA's future and :sanix: beyond stoked :sanix: for AGDQ and cautiously hopeful for fun times at GDQX.

Stay :fluffy:
Stay :comfysamus:
Stay :pepsi:

don't buy Mood, I just made it for funskis, we'll see maybe I'll grab something like it for AGDQ

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Zillions magazine posted:

I ended up being fairly busy this week and didn't get to post/see as many runs as I would have liked but I read the thread as much as I could, thanks for being an awesome group of people still and providing many laughs and smiles. Y'all are great.

:same: I've also been going through a bout of depression and haven't been enjoying my usual nerdy hobbies lately. I don't like not being able to do something as simple as turn on a stream and shitpost. At least I'm going to have plenty of videos to catch up on when I'm starting to feel better.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I'm playing jackbox games in the post ESA main stream and man is it hard to play this game with people who consistently put in edgy unfunny answers.

My ESA in a shellnut: i like speedruns I hate speedrunners

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

parabolic posted:

While it is a :sadday: that the marathon is over, I'm stoked that so much money was raised for a good cause :comfyoot:

These threads are always a and I'm glad that so many speedfriends can hang out with basically zero drama :kazooieass:

As a casual fan I am optimistic about ESA's future and :sanix: beyond stoked :sanix: for AGDQ and cautiously hopeful for fun times at GDQX.

Stay :fluffy:
Stay :comfysamus:
Stay :pepsi:

don't buy Mood, I just made it for funskis, we'll see maybe I'll grab something like it for AGDQ

Dang I want to buy Mood. You win.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So I will close the thread at some point Monday night. If anyone can post a list of good runs, then I will add them to the OP.

So enjoy two more days of :comfysamus: posting and then we rest for a few months. Until then, :justtrans:

EDIT: What was the final tally?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Pants Donkey posted:

So I will close the thread at some point Monday night. If anyone can post a list of good runs, then I will add them to the OP.

So enjoy two more days of :comfysamus: posting and then we rest for a few months. Until then, :justtrans:

EDIT: What was the final tally?

Final tally of what?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Aaaah it's over. I've had to do some extra work over the week so couldn't watch or post as much, but whenever I could it was lotsa fun speedfriends :comfyoot:

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Kikas posted:

Aaaah it's over. I've had to do some extra work over the week so couldn't watch or post as much, but whenever I could it was lotsa fun speedfriends :comfyoot:

:sanix: hell yeah :comfyoot:

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Someone should make a list of good watches for people who missed most of the event.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Someone should make a list of good watches for people who missed most of the event.

I think Kenny's gonna do that based on the recs we gave 'em. I'm still checking the VODs to see if I missed anything good.

When it comes to two threads for ESA, he wrote a good post about it:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863774#post486555959

I think it's safe to say that we can go with just one thread for ESA; make it the seriously chill thread. I had no trouble having the reaction chat and the serious questions in the same place.

Although I have to admit I didn't really watch much of ESA winter this year. I was kinda oversaturated about speedrun events at that point. And there's still 2 GDQ events to go before next ESA! So who knows.

Okay, cross-thread-posting, woo! Here's my recs for this event.

TeaJay posted:

Okay, from what I saw live, have to catch some VODs still:

Stream 1

- Hollow Knight - good tech and commentary and some nice cosplay too
- Tony Hawk's American wasteland - even if you're not familiar with TH games this is a real fun run with a good banter going on
- El Matador - bouncing through the scenery
- Geoguessr - How on earth can they run Geoguessr?? Watch and find out, an awesome run
- Silent Hill 3 - Despite the game working against him, Punchy pulls through, some great goon donations as well
- Bionic Commando Rearmed - Had a dev both playing and commenting the run
- Battletoads - TMR gets crowned the king of speedruns and pulls off the impossible
- Arabian Nights - Watch the Kotti run from AGDQ 2018 first and then this one. It's great
- Celeste - Punchy with a real impressive run here with great commentary
- Batman: The video game - How close can a race get?
- Super Mario 64 relay race - It's chaos, it's fun, it's one of the best runs of the event
- Star Wars Jedi Academy - High-speed action, action, action
- Hitman: Blood money - To quote Kotti: "It's fun when things go wrong"

Stream 2

- Dog's Life - live routing
- Pingu - GOODPLAY
- Wild Animal Racing - this a thing you should see
- LA Noire - The glorious trainwreck
- The Useful Dead - Kenny shows off a game with an interesting death abuse mechanic

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jul 29, 2018

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The Lobster posted:

Final tally of what?
Donations

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

$71,392.46, but I think that's not including the $50,000 of matching donations from the anonymous donor, so $121,392.46 overall.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Raised By Birds posted:

$71,392.46, but I think that's not including the $50,000 of matching donations from the anonymous donor, so $121,392.46 overall.

It also doesn't include Twitch subs and bits, or their share of the games that you could get from chrono.gg.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Popping in to say, I think we have a finalized list for GDQx:

https://gamesdonequick.com/submission/games-list

Only 56 hours. I'm sure some nut jobs in this thread can manage to stay up for 56 hours straight.

• Locked thread