Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

I'm so glad to be back with my speedfriends so much sooner than expected. :3: :comfysamus: :fluffy:
:yeah: :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well, Sayvi got this trick a lot faster than when she ran it at GDQ. (I think it was her)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i'm the audio feedback every time someone claps

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

So what's a reasonable $$$ amount to expect from this marathon? I'm guessing not $2 mill?

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Wow, that glitch not working for Fudgecow has let Sayvi catch up massively and go ahead

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Glitched Abyss Watchers is pretty fun, you just break into an abandoned mall and trash a mannequin.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

TeaJay posted:

Well, Sayvi got this trick a lot faster than when she ran it at GDQ. (I think it was her)

Sayvi the frames, killi the animals!!!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Takoluka posted:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Hello speedfriends :glomp:

I'm phoneposting because I currently don't have enough bandwidth to stream video, but will join you later.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

D. Ebdrup posted:

I'm phoneposting because I currently don't have enough bandwidth to stream video, but will join you later.

Hi speedfriend! :glomp: Watch and post more ASAP!

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Takoluka posted:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ooh, poor fudgecow

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

D. Ebdrup posted:

That's OK! Post when you can! We're just happy to have you with us! :glomp:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
This is unfortunate.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

They mentioned resetting and at this point I think it would have been faster for Fudgecow to have reset after not getting the skip

Welp he did just as I posted, but I meant at the point he failed the skip :shobon:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
wow cheating what sort of race is this

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

bummer that a cool run requires that unreliable of a skip for a race

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Hooray, my deposit went through! I went from having $100 in my checking account to having over $3,000 in my checking account! You know what that means!

:getin:

Strap in, thread!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I wish I didn't have my controllers in storage right now, I really want to play some DS3

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

Hooray, my deposit went through! I went from having $100 in my checking account to having over $3,000 in my checking account! You know what that means!

Strap in, thread!

That’s awesome! Enjoy doing things for the event or the thread or both I guess!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'd love to donate, but I'm so strapped financially this month I will have to send my support virtually this time.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

RoboJoe posted:

Thats awesome! Enjoy doing things for the event or the thread or both I guess!

Yes! I already bought :fluffy:.

TeaJay posted:

I'd love to donate, but I'm so strapped financially this month I will have to send my support virtually this time.

It's OK, just by watching I think it helps!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

TeaJay posted:

if all you can do is share the stream that still helps!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Lobster posted:

Strap in, thread!

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Hello speedfriends, glad we have another excuse to spend a week inside this summer!

This DS3 race is surprisingly chill for, well, a Dark Souls race??

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

:fluffy: is from AGDQ btw and is in the Discord so that's why that emote.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The Lobster posted:

Strap in, thread!

:kazooieass:
:comfysamus:
:pepsi:
:justtrans:
:justass:
:bigwhat:
:fluffy:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

TeaJay posted:

Me too, I’m poor and can’t donate :( I always feel bad about this. One day I plan to make up for it if I can.

I need to save my money for things I generally need with a small limit for treats/useful things if I see discounts or sales, and I’m still trying to save for a new PC which I badly need.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

You forgot

:purfect: and

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I'm awake and ready for speedchillin

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Electrophotonic posted:

Hello speedfriends, glad we have another excuse to spend a week inside this summer!

This DS3 race is surprisingly chill for, well, a Dark Souls race??

I'm not familiar with Fudgecow but Sayvi is chill and cool and good and fudgecow does appear to be too so I hope everybody has a good time let's all be friends

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The Lobster posted:

You forgot

:purfect: and

:ohdear: so I did! I unfortunately missed the purfect part of the last thread, but it is quite great, and of course, the legend of :emptyquote: is strong.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Garrand posted:

I'm not familiar with Fudgecow but Sayvi is chill and cool and good and fudgecow does appear to be too so I hope everybody has a good time let's all be friends

:yeah:

This is a good first run, some skips were failed and things went wrong but it’s been a nice chill start so far.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Goons who are strapped financially and can't donate, it's nbd because those of us who aren't have your back. I mean it might be a big deal if you can't pay your regular bills. But it's nbd for marathons so don't feel bad.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Oh, all bosses includes the dlc too? I didn’t know that, that’s awesome!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

This is reminding me that I burnt out on DS3 before I actually played the second dlc, so that will be new content for me!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Garrand posted:

This is reminding me that I burnt out on DS3 before I actually played the second dlc, so that will be new content for me!

you should play it, it's good

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I recently played through Dark Souls 3 and the DLC so I’m looking forward to seeing how they do the dlc bosses and especially the very final boss. That was the boss I had the hardest time with and summoned in help (I’m weird and try to solo everything in the Souls games unless I get frustrated or decide I’m not good enough).

The guy I summoned in for the final dlc boss was this Japanese guy who got hit down to no health, I seriously couldn’t see any of his health bar, and just went nuts doing most of the work and didn’t heal at all. It kinda owned and shamed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RoboJoe posted:

(I’m weird and try to solo everything in the Souls games unless I get frustrated or decide I’m not good enough)

but that's the objectively correct way to play video game

• Locked thread