Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Hello speedfriends! I am very excited to start watching ESA and posting with you all again tomorrow. I hope Punchy does excellently when he performs there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

It’s starting!!!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Now I’m regretting not going to ESA in person, it’d be cheaper for me than trying to go to GDQ, but still a small investment to do it. It would have been cool to see Punchy or Kenny in person there :3:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i am absolutely not worth travelling a significant distance to meet

Well, I’m in the U.K. so travelling somewhere in Europe for ESA is cheaper than getting to the USA for GDQ. Mainly I just want to go to an event to see things in person one day. Plus at the risk of sounding a super weird goon, honestly you’re pretty cool, seeing you (and other runners) at an event would be be awesome.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

parabolic posted:

gettin' :comfysamus: with some tea from my newest mug

(yes I washed it, this was from unboxing)

Thanks to The Lobster and Your Computer!

:yeah:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I love Fudgecows character face, it owns

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

They should really change the audio so it’s coming from Fudgecows game

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

I'm so glad to be back with my speedfriends so much sooner than expected. :3: :comfysamus: :fluffy:
:yeah: :glomp:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Wow, that glitch not working for Fudgecow has let Sayvi catch up massively and go ahead

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

D. Ebdrup posted:

Hello speedfriends :glomp:

I'm phoneposting because I currently don't have enough bandwidth to stream video, but will join you later.

Hi speedfriend! :glomp: Watch and post more ASAP!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

They mentioned resetting and at this point I think it would have been faster for Fudgecow to have reset after not getting the skip

Welp he did just as I posted, but I meant at the point he failed the skip :shobon:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

Hooray, my deposit went through! I went from having $100 in my checking account to having over $3,000 in my checking account! You know what that means!

:getin:

Strap in, thread!

That’s awesome! Enjoy doing things for the event or the thread or both I guess!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

TeaJay posted:

I'd love to donate, but I'm so strapped financially this month I will have to send my support virtually this time.

Me too, I’m poor and can’t donate :( I always feel bad about this. One day I plan to make up for it if I can.

I need to save my money for things I generally need with a small limit for treats/useful things if I see discounts or sales, and I’m still trying to save for a new PC which I badly need.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Garrand posted:

I'm not familiar with Fudgecow but Sayvi is chill and cool and good and fudgecow does appear to be too so I hope everybody has a good time let's all be friends

This is a good first run, some skips were failed and things went wrong but it’s been a nice chill start so far.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Oh, all bosses includes the dlc too? I didn’t know that, that’s awesome!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I recently played through Dark Souls 3 and the DLC so I’m looking forward to seeing how they do the dlc bosses and especially the very final boss. That was the boss I had the hardest time with and summoned in help (I’m weird and try to solo everything in the Souls games unless I get frustrated or decide I’m not good enough).

The guy I summoned in for the final dlc boss was this Japanese guy who got hit down to no health, I seriously couldn’t see any of his health bar, and just went nuts doing most of the work and didn’t heal at all. It kinda owned and shamed me.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Sayvi destroyed the dancer there, that owned

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I just remembered my twitch prime sub comes back to me in 2 or 3 days so I can use that on the stream, woo!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Pants Donkey posted:

I will be missing most of today celebrating my birthday with friends, so please get extra comfy in my absence and enjoy the first day of speedtimes.

Happy birthday speedfriend! :glomp: have an awesome day :)

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Fudge caught up really well considering how far behind he was due to the abyss watchers, that’s amazing

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Brother Entropy posted:

man i fell so behind on souls-types of games. i never played this, i never played nioh, i never played the surge

Nioh is an utterly fantastic game, I love it so much. It was my favourite game of 2017 even though 2017 had so many amazing games!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Man they destroyed that final dlc boss, that was awesome. That boss is so great as well, I love how his cape attacks too and the music owns

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

parabolic posted:

Awesome race, and Sayvi's positive energy is very fun. Well done to Fudge as well that was crazy close.

That was a great race. Fudge did incredibly well catching up from being 7-8 minutes behind. Sayvi is fun and had a solid run too!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

This glitch owns, this run owns

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Punchy better do a shoutout to the thread!! He missed his comfy chance at the start when Kratos was gaining red orbs from hugging ladies whom were too cold in that bed.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

lol at the enemies hopping around under Kratos

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

D. Ebdrup posted:

KennyMan666, the other threads OP, is also there - and in #speedruns on synirc (which everyone should totally hang out in) he said he's also gonna be hosting later on.

Yes! I did see that, I’m excited to see Kenny in action too :) That irc channel is great even though I rarely/never talk there. I recommend others idle there too!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I just made and ate some fantastic dinner this evening: seasoned lamb chops, garlic mushrooms, and mashed potato. I rarely eat lamb but I wanted a good thing to eat as a treat this week.

I’m feeling very comfy and good right now to watch the rest of the evenings speedruns :)

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

WilliamAnderson posted:

Hello friends. I need to eat as well, and probably also need to play some LttP rando while watching. Gonna be a fun afternoon.

I’m planning on playing LttP casually soon for the first time and then try my hand at speedrunning it. I’ve learned how I can do the randomiser if I ever wanted to try that too!

I’m in a big Zelda mood lately, I just finished Twilight Princess and started Breath of the Wild this morning (although I played that once already I really want to replay it on Switch now).

Although I also started Dragons Dogma again after playing it many years back on 360 which seems to be kind of popular on my tiny stream I do compared to other games. I’m trying to get more followers because streaming and focusing on that is helping my mental attitude and some IRL issues I have so it’s good for me and helps me feel more positive, even though it sounds dumb.

I might actually look into speed running dragon’s dogma because it has a speedrun mode as one of the menu options!

Sorry, that’s a big derail, my apologies.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Brother Entropy posted:

[under my breath] hug! that! wife! hug! that! wife!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I love listening to swedes talk. I used to play world of Warcraft some years back with a bunch of goons in my raid team and most were Swedish so after I got used to it I found that pretty great. There was lots of swenglish and I learned a little bit I’ve forgot most of it now sadly. Sweden is a country I think I’d like to live in if I had the chance.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

Update: crepe still good without eggs.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

:kazooieass:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Your Computer posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > ESA Summer 2018 Chill Thread: I literally couldn't understand where the genitals went and who had which genital
:emptyquote:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Thread donation!!!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

TeaJay posted:

Should we try to get a name in for FFIX? Some character that will be in the party a lot could be Samus.

Or Punchy.

Yes! I like the idea of getting it named Punchy but Samus is equally awesome

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

:emptyquote:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

This thread could dominate the donation reader at ESA

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

I just threw my hat in the ring and it should be pretty obvious if it went through so we shall see!

I think you did!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

Dang, ten of my Switch friends are online.

Add me, speedfriendos!

SW-5549-9228-7780

I will add you!

Also everyone please add me too, I would love more Switch friends:
SW-5350-6238-1429

• Locked thread