Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I hope y'all ready for Arabian Nights on wednesday.

Saturday evening has some fine runs already. I want to see the Darkwing Duck race and Hollow knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Fatzke's moustache deserves a mention, so here it is.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, the layout looks quite sleek and professional.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Why does the sound keep cutting out?

Welcome to ESA

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well, Sayvi got this trick a lot faster than when she ran it at GDQ. (I think it was her)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'd love to donate, but I'm so strapped financially this month I will have to send my support virtually this time.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

parabolic posted:

Donations up to $50,000 are being matched by an anonymous donor, that's awesome!

Worth quoting.

And no ESA donation amounts have not rivaled (or probably will) with GDQ and it's kinda pointless to expect that, unless something really strange will happen this year. But I guess every little bit helps like people said earlier.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

You fudged up

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The main room looks pretty small compared to last year they were at Vxj indoor sports arena. I think they're at a hotel now?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

D. Ebdrup posted:

KennyMan666, the other threads OP, is also there - and in #speedruns on synirc (which everyone should totally hang out in) he said he's also gonna be hosting later on.

I've been using IRCnet ever since I started using IRC around 1998 or so. I'm assuming I can't readily join up with my regular mIRC connection?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Vapor Moon posted:

You can, it's just a regular IRC channel.

I know but I'd have to connect to SYNirc server specifically? That's what I mean. Since all my other channels are on IRCnet.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Genthil posted:

drat I slept through the start of the marathon, but it looks like the DS3 was pretty good so I'll catch that later.

Yes. The Finnish stereotype is pretty accurate as well, if you remember how Kotti spoke during Arabian Nights. We know all the words and vocabulary but pronunciation is kinda strange.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I love the Cuphead aesthetic but from what I gather I'd be annoyed by the difficulty, so watching speedruns of it is a good alternative.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

KNOCKOUT

Did he die more than that one time in the moon boss stage? I only caught that one. Very nice.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

If you want your donation read this is absolutely the event to do it in. There will probably be runs during EU wee hours where it's quite slow (which I guess means prime time for you americans) so do donate during those as well, if you can!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Should we try to get a name in for FFIX? Some character that will be in the party a lot could be Samus.

Or Punchy.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Please donate for the Hornet cosplay for Hollow Knight. It's halfway and needs 500$ more.

"Ushebti will cosplay as the Hornet from Hollow Knight while running the game!"

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Wish I had so much money to spare I could do some random snipes to every bid war.

I'm still maintaining we should try to get Punchy in FFIX, either for Steiner or Quina.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Looks like tech issues

Welcome to ESA

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

WE ARE ON

I love the big start/stop timer button ESA has.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Shadow225 posted:

All of that for a 9 minute speedrun lmao

I'm guessing it will pay off for the upcoming NES games as well.

Unless they just spent 30 minutes trying to blow on the Gremlins 2 cartridge.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Xenothral posted:

This run seems ridiculous

It really is and Endy is a speedrunning machine.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I need the This is fine dog plush in my life. Please tell me where I can get one.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

TMR has arrived

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Crowd will be rrrrrooting for him

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kikas posted:

I hope that the Hollow Knight run will be able to become... HORNE[T/H]

Hornet cosplay incentive still needs 370 $ :(

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"Kill the bosses and don't die"

*dies*

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The hosts are so lovably goofy I can't help but like them.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

parabolic posted:

Hornet incentive met! :pepsi:

Good news, everyone!

Seriously I have no idea how that cosplay will even look but I like

- Hollow Knight
- Hornet
- incentives getting met

so even though it looks like the run will be pushed late I will catch it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The original Castle of Illusion boss theme is absolutely rocking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLu3CRpDcVg&hd=1

guitar version for good measure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOu8g00XWKQ

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

So, fun fact about the Red Bull, if I have everything correct: ESA Winter was sponsored by Red Bull. We got free Red Bull and Red Bull Cola, and there were Red Bull brand fridges of varying sizes in the venue.

The fridges you see on stream and some more in the stream room are the same fridges as on ESA Winter. Red Bull doesn't sponsor this ESA, but apparently they never came to get their fridges back and we had a whole lot of Red Bull left over too. So... free ice cream, free popcorn, and free Red Bull. And a discount at the local Domino's from which I just ate a pizza that was definitely too big but whatevs, next time I'm getting a smaller size though.

How's the venue this time? Seems like it's a bit smaller than the indoor arena.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Please post D.Va fan art during the Overwatch run thanks

This is time for Mickey Mouse fan art

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Tathris posted:

blizzard put her in the game as the obvious nerdbait people were supposed to make all the horney fan art of.

the internet instead collectively decided that lol no, she's a garbage nerd

i love it.

There is plenty of that other kind of fan art of D.Va as well, though.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

GIGANTIC

RED LICORICE DRAGON

(is anyone else actually watching the game)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Is he a Twizzler or a Red Vine?

Your reference is lost on me

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Raised By Birds posted:

Well, yeah. More so than SGDQ, even.

I can't remember if I played the original of this game. I know I played a Mickey game on the Genesis as a kid. I think it had Mickey and Donald in it, though.

You're thinking of World of Illusion

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I just had Land of confusion for the Genesis

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I wish we could hear the narrator better, he's so goofy.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Also: Stream is being run on the in-hotel TV so I've been in my room since Gremlins 2 but still seen everything since. Gonna head back down now though, def want to actually be in the audience for Hollow Knight.

I wish they'd show the DLC and fight Nightmare King but it's any% so probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Vapor Moon posted:

You're hearing the stream audio that's being played onsite picked up by the mics

Oh that's what it's about, I've been also wondering what's the very faint audio I have occasionally in my headphones

• Locked thread