Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I will join! Never did auction before. :)

Hooray! PM me your email

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Now I just gotta pun up with a good football GoT name

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Do I pick keepers from other teams' leftovers or do I just get a fresh slate with more monies for the draft?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Do I pick keepers from other teams' leftovers or do I just get a fresh slate with more monies for the draft?

Numero dos

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Sounds good, just wanted to check.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Do we declare keepers here or is it all through the ESPN UI?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
ESPN

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

pmchem posted:

Do we declare keepers here or is it all through the ESPN UI?

It's ESPN, after they're locked I add the $5 keeper cost manually on the backend

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

nerve posted:

It's ESPN, after they're locked I add the $5 keeper cost manually on the backend

I have a league proposal regarding keepers: instead of price=X+5, how about price=1.2*X+5 ? (round to nearest dollar)

This helps address the pseudo-dynasty situation where if someone gets a great player for $1 in year 1, $6 in year 2, they can basically have him for his entire career. It would also provide a larger incentive to trade semi-expensive stars to playoff contender teams in exchange for cheaper studs. I previously ran a league where it was price=1.1*X+5 and a 3-year keeper limit. That worked pretty well but you had to keep track of years kept, which, well, effort.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

I have a league proposal regarding keepers: instead of price=X+5, how about price=1.2*X+5 ? (round to nearest dollar)

This helps address the pseudo-dynasty situation where if someone gets a great player for $1 in year 1, $6 in year 2, they can basically have him for his entire career. It would also provide a larger incentive to trade semi-expensive stars to playoff contender teams in exchange for cheaper studs. I previously ran a league where it was price=1.1*X+5 and a 3-year keeper limit. That worked pretty well but you had to keep track of years kept, which, well, effort.

You can pry my $1 David Johnson from my cold, dead, trophy-less hands...

I'd be fine with a change like this.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Despite not having great keepers, I'd rather leave it as is. Having a more steeply escalating price will devalue them a little too much imo, and won't significantly impact rookies that hit for $1 (1 -> 6 -> 11 -> 16 -> 21 will become 1 -> 6 -> 12 -> 19 -> 28). Instead, it'll make it so mid and high range guys become unkeepable, like $50 Antonio Brown becomes an overpriced $65 instead of a more debatable value at $55. I'd also rather let salary alone dictate keeping. I'm just not super worried about competitive balance being destroyed for years or anything by letting some teams have a half (or quarter) price DJ or OBJ, so limiting the benefit someone gets from their good decisions isn't really necessary.

Edit: I definitely like dynasty way more than straight up redraft, for the record, so totally get how my preferences may not be shared by all :)

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I vote no only because fantasy is made up and the points don’t matter.

My other league is a dynasty league on year five with 15 keepers and we haven’t had a repeat winner yet and a couple worst to firsts.

Fantasy is impossible to control year to year and no keeper cost finicking will change it.

Thats my 2 cents.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

No kicker?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

pmchem posted:

No kicker?

Nope!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Are the keepers and their costs at http://games.espn.com/ffl/tools/showkeepers?leagueId=835000 correct? Just not sure how you finalize things. Thanks!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

Are the keepers and their costs at http://games.espn.com/ffl/tools/showkeepers?leagueId=835000 correct? Just not sure how you finalize things. Thanks!

Minimum cost will be $6, so if there are any $1 values there, add $5 to everything. Pretty sure commish has to manually do that.

Edit: yeah, add $5 to everything.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Hey OP, Bronns here, I am a lazy piece of garbage and forgot about selecting keepers. Can I keep Diggs and Flash please? If not I get it, harsh, but fair.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Michael Corleone posted:

Hey OP, Bronns here, I am a lazy piece of garbage and forgot about selecting keepers. Can I keep Diggs and Flash please? If not I get it, harsh, but fair.

I thought Flash was Josh Gordon? Diggs and who?

Also I updated the keeper prices.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

nerve posted:

I thought Flash was Josh Gordon? Diggs and who?

Also I updated the keeper prices.

Yeah, it is, I just looked at the draft from last year before I posted that, gently caress last year me, had no faith!. Just Diggs I guess, thanks!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
New players have good team names. :golfclap:

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
McKinnon tears his ACL on our keeper lock day :negative:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

CompeAnansi posted:

McKinnon tears his ACL on our keeper lock day :negative:

Fuuuck that's insanely bad luck

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah real bummer. Perhaps i should reinstate my ild team name “All men must tear ACLs”

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

New players have good team names. :golfclap:

Took me forever to come up with "Punter is Coming" too lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Any way we can get a list of players kept? I want to update my spreadsheets before the draft.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Any way we can get a list of players kept? I want to update my spreadsheets before the draft.

Sign in, go to main league page, click the small “keepers”. I don’t think there’s any way to see that page in the app.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

sourdough posted:

Sign in, go to main league page, click the small “keepers”. I don’t think there’s any way to see that page in the app.

Thanks!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I see the league is set to "7 votes to veto a trade" -- is that an artifact of the 12-team limit? Should it be 8 now?

Has a trade ever been veto'd here? I've always just done it as commissioner review / no voting.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Also since I'm looking at settings:

Now that we have 14-teams, can we do 6 teams in playoffs (3-week playoffs, weeks 14/15/16)? Seeds #1 and #2 would get a week 14 bye. That is a pretty standard playoff setup for 14 team leagues and avoids having the fantasy championship decided in week 17 when starters are resting. Also more fun because more teams make the playoffs!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Finally -- with 14 teams, no need for divisions anymore. You can have one big division where each team plays every other team exactly once (in the 13-week regular season). With divisions, teams would have repeat matchups, even if 14 teams are in the league.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I don’t think we’ve had any vetos. Not in the last 3 years anyway.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah, your points about playoffs and weekly schedule are why we wanted to go to 14 teams, or at least why it made sense. As for trade veto, I’m sure we can change that, never will have a veto vote because the trade is uneven or something.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i did all of that because its all better

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

2 autodrafters, here we go...

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
17$ left over. Think I did this auction thing wrong.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Every goddamn year I say I'm going to go stars and scrubs and pay $70 for a receiver, and every year I just can't bring myself to do it. And then I regret it.

Life is a circle.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Every goddamn year I say I'm going to go stars and scrubs and pay $70 for a receiver, and every year I just can't bring myself to do it. And then I regret it.

Life is a circle.

Well if it makes you feel any better I regret it

e:

40 DeAndre Hopkins, Hou WR $72
46 Derrick Henry, Ten RB $34
53 Emmanuel Sanders, Den WR $20
65 Lamar Miller, Hou RB $42
95 Bilal Powell, NYJ RB $8
99 Pierre Garcon, SF WR $8
116 Matt Ryan, Atl QB $3
119 John Ross, Cin WR $3
134 Rams D/ST D/ST $3
139 LeGarrette Blount, Det RB $2
163 Courtland Sutton, Den WR $1
173 George Kittle, SF TE $1
182 Cole Beasley, Dal WR $1
191 Chris Ivory, Buf RB $1
199 Derek Carr, Oak QB $1

truly something awful

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 4, 2018

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

:hmmyes:

I am open to moving Rudolph or Reed for a decent WR if anyone needs one.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 4, 2018

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I blew my budget on starters but I'm feeling pretty good about how it turned out.

Calvin Ridley for $2
James Conner for $1

uh, whoever owns Bell, if you want to talk, I have the guy who will be starting for the Steelers in week 1 for both the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

pmchem fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I like rudolph ill give it a noodle.

Also changing my team name to “The Delanie Price”