Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Im holding down the anchor.next year though. Worst to first bitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
If anyone is lacking decent keepers, I have a few options and could do a 2 for 1: Chubb keep for $14, Lindsay for $6, Juju for $11, Marlon Mack for $13, DJ Moore for $10 (pending rest of season performance)

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Let it be known that The Delanie Price NEVER, comes in last place.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Only 4 out of 14 teams have a winning record haha

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Gobias Ind. posted:

Only 4 out of 14 teams have a winning record haha

It's been a really tough year

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

It's been a really tough year

In one (8 team) league my first few rounds included...

• David Johnson (sucked)
• Leonard Fournette (hurt)
• Amari Cooper (really sucked)
• Kenyan Drake (random)

I got last place.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Can't believe I'm a sub-20 point Adam Thielen performance away from the semis. This has to be one of the worst teams ever to do this well.

I would be honoured to be obliterated by Tyrion. Chiefs plays on Thursday night so I guess it would be over pretty quick; or they'll have a so so performance and I will have false hope.

Of course, I'm a dummy for even thinking about next week because the way all of my other playoffs matchups went this weekend means that Thielen is scoring 40 tonight.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I can't even believe I even made the playoffs. Let's go Thielen.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

lol

My one positional advantage is Keenan Allen over Tyreek Hill, where I'm +0.5 points. My inevitable victory will rival Bills/Vikings from earlier this year.

I've got 3 Chargers tonight and SouthShore has 3 Chiefs, so we'll have a really good idea of where this beatdown stands after tonight.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Who the hell starts Mike Williams

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Somehow Rivers and Justin Jackson outscored Mahomes/Hill/Kelce. Too bad Keenan Allen died or I might have actually had a shot of pulling off the upset :(

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I went against Damien Williams in another playoff. He giveth, he taketh away.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Starting to gain false hope...

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Going exactly as I expected, tbh. Fantasy football ya’ll.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I figured you guys would come down to MNF

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If I pull this out and Keenan Allen doesn't play next week and Melvin Gordon returns I'm going to score 50 points in the final.

I almost feel guilty about this even being close.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gronk :(

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
If it's possible for a team expected to win by 27 and actually won by 19 to be lucky... I feel like I got lucky there.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I've had a good run, but it's a perfect storm of RB fuckery this week. Everyone I have is either injured or behind someone injured and they're all GTD's.

I'll take second place for my first year in the league, with only 2 keepers.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
For what it's worth, I think you've had a hell of a season and I'm for drat sure not counting you out.

Looking back at that Conner trade offer is even funnier now.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

For what it's worth, I think you've had a hell of a season and I'm for drat sure not counting you out.

Looking back at that Conner trade offer is even funnier now.

Can't believe this lowballing jerk would've ended up breaking his team if that had gone through, haha. Certainly isn't a decided game, Henry could compensate for Goff having another awful game, Samuels has shown he can be great. Fitting that the two titans made it to the championship, make it an exciting one :cheers:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Two of the more dominating teams I can remember in this league this season. Good job dudes

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

nerve posted:

Nah you grabbed him so he'll end up putting up solid WR 2 numbers

Just looking back, and this is pretty funny to me. This was when pmchem used the #3 waiver on Cooper.

I'm not gonna bother looking, but I'm pretty certain he's been the #1 receiver in all of football since that point. Golden touch.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

my championship lineup features 5 guys picked up off the waiver wire / FA, a $1 QB who scored negative points two weeks ago, a keeper WR, and a defense traded for midseason.

meanwhile my opponent has four top-2 at position starters, six top-6 at positions starters, is staring all 3 of his keeper RBs, his drafted QB, drafted TE, and drafted defense.

it's not gonna be close, haha.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

This is going pretty much according to projections so far. It all comes down to KC having a non-really-weird game.

Well played to all this season, however it goes. Good games, everyone!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Yep, there’s my vaunted fantasy luck lol. Damien loving Williams just outscored Hill and Kelce put together and I lose by a point because their last offensive play was a screen to Williams.

Good year all.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

DAMIEN WILLIAMS MVP

gently caress yes

I thought I was out of it with KC getting the ball back and only being up by 0.2. But the cover 2 defense produced so many dump offs to Williams. THANKS SEATTLE.

pins and needles on that onside kick at the end. I still don't believe this

editing in a shout-out to CJ UZOMAH for coming through with a TD this week and the RAMS DEFENSE for stepping up

editing in final score: 112.24 - 111.22, amazingly close game. good game southshore.

pmchem fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 24, 2018

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Congrats to the Cylons!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah, great final, good season 👍

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
The Delaine Price will rise again.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Chiefs extended Damien Williams mid-season:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1078459035697975312

:toot:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The TV show may finish, but at least we have a few decades to run this fantasy league until GRRM finishes the books.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ok, who's running this for S8 and is the gimmick changing at all?

I eagerly look forward to S8.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I'm open to suggestions on a gimmick change

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
This a 3 keeper year right? Not that it matters cause my whole team is un-keepable

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

3 keepers per year, unlimited number of years, yes.

Nerve, is the 2019 league activation / thread coming soon? I got a lot of stuff going on in August and would like to start talking draft date with everyone.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
http://fantasy.espn.com/football/league?leagueId=835000

league should be activated already. i'll get a new thread up this week

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Reek! Reek! Rhymes with I wanna Keep! All my players!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I can't figure out how to view last year's draft on the mobile page at the moment :saddowns:

I think I've got some cool dudes to keep though, iirc Juju ($11), Chubb ($14), Lindsay ($6), Engram ($11), Kupp ($15), Mack ($13), and DJ Moore ($10) all at least somewhat cheap.

Edit: Ha, of course I find it right after posting that. http://fantasy.espn.com/football/league/draftrecap?leagueId=835000

sourdough fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

yeah those are some p good keeper options.

for anyone clicking the link, you have to be logged in and viewing the 2018 homepage (instead of default 2019) to see the draft results