Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

EU sucks again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Oh hey I didn't know I still had this guy

code:
$ mv ~/Documents/OldLaptop/{Macros,Memes}

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i'm just happy that the distinction is made

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
nov 2000.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
such innocent days :allears:

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
i wasn't innocent at all. my old folder full of ancient dvd ripping and encoding software says otherwise :grin:

holy gently caress it was a stupid pain in the rear end. more of a hobby to see how good of an encode I could jam into a CD than any sort of fruitful piracy :/ that was before any sort of 1-click software that did everything for you.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i was rifling through my closet the other day and found the pair of DVD burners that used to be in my previous desktop. like now i don't even have a single internal optical drive (and it's extremely rare that i use my external) but i also distinctly remember days when i was getting utility out of having not one but two at the same time.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

French Canadian posted:

i wasn't innocent at all. my old folder full of ancient dvd ripping and encoding software says otherwise :grin:

holy gently caress it was a stupid pain in the rear end. more of a hobby to see how good of an encode I could jam into a CD than any sort of fruitful piracy :/ that was before any sort of 1-click software that did everything for you.

i used to record shows with an analog ati tv tuner maybe 15 years ago and it was a constant challenge seeing how good i could get file size and filter noise from the broadcast, then the recording. i think i used a vcr that had a good video out as a prefilter, then had a pile of open source software to record them

i still have a bunch of shows as well as all the filter settings and for a while some of the stuff was the only digital copy i had knew of since dvd collections of shows werent a thing. oh and several folders full of random screencaps that i keep meaning to make a tumblr of like some time capsule of old media

when digital became easy and streaming was common it was a useless hobby but it taught me a lot about compression and that knowledge helped years later for a big thing at work so im kinda glad i tinkered when i had the time

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

There was this period of time when I had just gotten DSL and upgraded from 56K and was incredibly excited to now have the ability to save every photo on the internet. 14 year old me invested an enormous amount of time into both saving, tagging and categorizing thousands of memes and internet images

What the hell was wrong with me :cripes:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

El Mero Mero posted:

There was this period of time when I had just gotten DSL and upgraded from 56K and was incredibly excited to now have the ability to save every photo on the internet. 14 year old me invested an enormous amount of time into both saving, tagging and categorizing thousands of memes and internet images

did you register your account when you were 1 year old?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

El Mero Mero posted:

upload all this poo poo to know your meme

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

fishmech posted:

upload all this poo poo to know your meme

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

classic!!!!!

Lime
Jul 20, 2004

El Mero Mero posted:

i would download that zip

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

El Mero Mero posted:

i have and still add to this same folder only mine isn’t organized it’s just one massive folder

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what is sad?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

its u

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

There's a bunch of Victorian era postmortem daguerreotypes in that folder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

oh and :shrug:

El Mero Mero fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 23, 2018

• Locked thread