Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

French Canadian posted:

-pictures of my dead cats (when they were living)

i found some of my brothers cat that revealed he was two years older than we all remembered

when he passed he was old enough to vote and we said if he made it long enough wed have a 21st birthday party for him :unsmith:

i ended up imaging them all but one drive has a busted board so i need to order a new one from a canadian company and move my unsorted game saves and jpgs from 20 years ago to a proper raid to be unsorted for another 20 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

French Canadian posted:

i wasn't innocent at all. my old folder full of ancient dvd ripping and encoding software says otherwise :grin:

holy gently caress it was a stupid pain in the rear end. more of a hobby to see how good of an encode I could jam into a CD than any sort of fruitful piracy :/ that was before any sort of 1-click software that did everything for you.

i used to record shows with an analog ati tv tuner maybe 15 years ago and it was a constant challenge seeing how good i could get file size and filter noise from the broadcast, then the recording. i think i used a vcr that had a good video out as a prefilter, then had a pile of open source software to record them

i still have a bunch of shows as well as all the filter settings and for a while some of the stuff was the only digital copy i had knew of since dvd collections of shows werent a thing. oh and several folders full of random screencaps that i keep meaning to make a tumblr of like some time capsule of old media

when digital became easy and streaming was common it was a useless hobby but it taught me a lot about compression and that knowledge helped years later for a big thing at work so im kinda glad i tinkered when i had the time

• Locked thread