Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

NoneMoreNegative posted:

now Fatha is retired he’s taken up scrapping as a hobby - picks up any local metal castoffs and weighs it in at the local scrapyard, keeps him busy and gives him a little pocket money. From this I have a stack of old HDs from junked pcs I was going to just strip out the platters for art projects, but I’m hella tempted to plug them in to a usb converter and have a bit nosey.

one of my friends once found a desktop computer in the "free" pile in her apartment building's basement. we yanked the hard drive to see what was on it and were treated to some doofus's homegroan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i don't think NMN is neglecting his dad there, he specifically said the old man took it up as a hobby. some people like to busy themselves with non-creative tasks.

it's not like he has to spend 8+ hours a day doing it either. he could do it for like two hours a day. he could do it for a couple days a week.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
is there a thread i missed or have you built up an elaborate narrative of NMN's life in your head that you've been dying to share

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
this had a datestamp of 2001, i think i grabbed it from these here awful forums

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

President Beep posted:

what's the dslr for?

not much, what's dslr with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i was rifling through my closet the other day and found the pair of DVD burners that used to be in my previous desktop. like now i don't even have a single internal optical drive (and it's extremely rare that i use my external) but i also distinctly remember days when i was getting utility out of having not one but two at the same time.

• Locked thread