Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
What the heck is RBA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

FordCQC posted:

What the heck is RBA?

Reiner-Berthold-Annie

Opposite E.M.A.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

You guys understand that fascism is something very specific, right? The (first three) openings are very militaristic, but aren't fascist.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Maera Sior posted:

You guys understand that fascism is something very specific, right? The (first three) openings are very militaristic, but aren't fascist.

Welcome to yet another Attack on Titan thread courtesy of the Something Awful forums anime and manga community.

Please enjoy your stay.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

Welcome to yet another Attack on Titan thread courtesy of the Something Awful forums anime and manga community.

Please enjoy your stay.

I suppose I walked into that one.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it's funnier to say it's fascist

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I've never seen fascism in this series but I'm just playing myself to discuss it.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I love the third opening. It’s very clearly supposed to be about the loss of innocence with all the imagery of children going on ( Erwin staring through the window, Eren’s younger self pulling at the present version of himself who ignores him, etc) and given the subject matter this season will be dealing with, that feels very appropriate. I’m sure you’ll get your high energy filled opening in the second half though.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Asuron posted:

I love the third opening. It’s very clearly supposed to be about the loss of innocence with all the imagery of children going on ( Erwin staring through the window, Eren’s younger self pulling at the present version of himself who ignores him, etc) and given the subject matter this season will be dealing with, that feels very appropriate. I’m sure you’ll get your high energy filled opening in the second half though.

Oh, are they doing a big run ala S1 and I won't get Rome'd after 10 eps?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Oh, are they doing a big run ala S1 and I won't get Rome'd after 10 eps?

It's been confirmed for 24 episodes.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Asuron posted:

Fourth. First season had two.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Aumanor posted:

Fourth. First season had two.

Very true. For some reason I just forget the second opening, even though i love the song and the visuals are fantastic

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Yeah I'm very much expecting the second half of the season to get a super energetic and awesome opener. If I don't... I will be very disappointed but at least the blow will be softened by the fact we'll be in the next part of the story and away from what (while boring in book form) could be the weakest plot in the whole of the anime. Looking forward to being proved wrong on that one, though.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Can anyone explain the obsession with German language/names? If it is some spoiler nonsense that makes sense later, you can just say it gets addressed, but is it a WWII leftover thing or what?

I always thought it was implied that AoT takes place in alternate-universe Germany? Hence the names, the culture, the appearance of the buildings; it making sense for Mikasa to be the Only Asian In The World, etc.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Editing out just in case, I could have sworn they showed a picture of it in the anime during a mid-episode bit.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 27, 2018

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

There's no such map in the manga.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Conspiratiorist posted:

There's no such map in the manga.
Yeah I found it, it's not from where I thought it was.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

a computing pun posted:

I always thought it was implied that AoT takes place in alternate-universe Germany? Hence the names, the culture, the appearance of the buildings; it making sense for Mikasa to be the Only Asian In The World, etc.
Huh? I always thought most of it was from all over Europe, not just one single country. Though I'm not very worldly so the best I can come up with is "Jean is French, right?"

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

DaveKap posted:

Huh? I always thought most of it was from all over Europe, not just one single country. Though I'm not very worldly so the best I can come up with is "Jean is French, right?"

His last name is Kirstein.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Can anyone remember what the conversation between Bert and Ymir was? No manga spoilers please.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Mordja posted:

Can anyone remember what the conversation between Bert and Ymir was? No manga spoilers please.

How long she'd been wandering (many decades) and if she remembered their friend (she didn't), to which Bert replied it was the same for them.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Some really incredible animation for this episode, lots of motion and perspective stuff.

Also, Levi has a last name and it isn't Strauss.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Made up for the first episode, easily.

Looking back at the end of season two, did anyone else notice that a drop of Hannes' blood got into Eren's mouth before he activated his new ability? Given that titans can eat shifters to gain their power, I can't help but wonder if Eren needs to feed to activate his ability, or if perhaps Hannes was like of royal/shifter blood or something.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

they can eat what to do what now

did i miss something?

episode was pretty good. the action sequences are absolutely incredible, to be honest i'd probably watch attack on titan for the action alone it's so well done.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Brutakas posted:

Some really incredible animation for this episode, lots of motion and perspective stuff.

Also, Levi has a last name and it isn't Strauss.

Notably, he shares last name with another character.

Mikasa.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

howling at Hange’s “i’m a novice at human torture, so please bear with me”

E: very Nadia Secret of Blue Water esque ed

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 30, 2018

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

ninjewtsu posted:

they can eat what to do what now

did i miss something?

episode was pretty good. the action sequences are absolutely incredible, to be honest i'd probably watch attack on titan for the action alone it's so well done.

Think back to Christa’s flashback. She was forcefully turned into a titan for about 60 years, but when she ate the fourth person that was with Reiner, Bert, and Annie, who are all Titan shifters, so the fourth was also presumably a titan shifter as well, she turned back to human.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

theCalamity posted:

Think back to Christa’s flashback. She was forcefully turned into a titan for about 60 years, but when she ate the fourth person that was with Reiner, Bert, and Annie, who are all Titan shifters, so the fourth was also presumably a titan shifter as well, she turned back to human.

Ymir's flashback, not Christa's

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Aumanor posted:

Ymir's flashback, not Christa's

Yeah that one.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I can't be the only one who thinks that the ending song would be better as the opening. I feel like I'm supposed to get something melancholy out of the opening with all of the flashbacks, but the music is too upbeat and the visuals are too scattered.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Maera Sior posted:

I can't be the only one who thinks that the ending song would be better as the opening. I feel like I'm supposed to get something melancholy out of the opening with all of the flashbacks, but the music is too upbeat and the visuals are too scattered.

The ending is definitely far more opening-like, mostly because it's Linked Horizon doing the same kind of song we had as openings before, if more slowed-down to fit an ending. I'd turn them around too.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I really love the part of the OP with the extended shot of young Eren trying to get grown up Eren's attention.

Levi flying around Trost and loving up Kenny's goons was awesome, some of the best action in the series so far imo.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

It's not as apparent during fast-paced animation but

Right for the napes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's basically just fighting miniature titans. :v:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Carbon steel for monsters.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Put me in the boat of really liking this OP and I respect that they went for something different instead of the same bombastic style of the last 3. Not that I don't like those, I just think its cool they tried this instead.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

The best ED was last season's ED

I'm a little disappointed that they didn't do something similar for the new ed, but it probably wouldn't fit this arc as well

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Matoi edit: spoilers was here.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 31, 2018

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
OP bad. fighting and weird government conspiracy thing good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
So I've seen episode 40, and I'm fed up with this season.

Is all of season 3 going to be about loving around in the city with boring rear end politics and the occasional hacking at each other with swords and steampunk guns, or are we going to see some human on titan and titan on titan action soon?

Manga people, you can spoil that for me, (in tags of course) or PM me if it would be breaking thread etiquette.

Edit. Answered. Thanks.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 6, 2018