Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My assumption before ROH went into trouble was that Gresham was going to get the belt from Bandido and then we'd see him and Jay again since it feels like where everything was being built for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I've recently been rewatching some of my old ROH DVD rips, and I have to say - seeing those ads for the ROH wrestling school is hilarious. Has there been any graduate from that school that had any serious success, even on the independent level? The only person who came to mind who had any kind of longevity is Rhett Titus.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Skios posted:

I've recently been rewatching some of my old ROH DVD rips, and I have to say - seeing those ads for the ROH wrestling school is hilarious. Has there been any graduate from that school that had any serious success, even on the independent level? The only person who came to mind who had any kind of longevity is Rhett Titus.

Shane Hagadorn?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Faye Jackson
Cheeseburger
Moose
Mandy Leon

off the top of my head.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Don’t forget Jay Diesel

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rick posted:

My assumption before ROH went into trouble was that Gresham was going to get the belt from Bandido and then we'd see him and Jay again since it feels like where everything was being built for.

Yeah, there being no indication of Gresham making moves beyond setting up his own super-indie seems like a low-key sign that he's staying with ROH in whatever form it continues (if it does)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Tonight is the possibly THE Final Battle ☹

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 11, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, not the best sign that they're promoting the title matches with "who'll be the last champ"

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1469740336528429057
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1469695196023640065

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I always forget that these shows are like twenty minutes from my house, looks like this is my last chance to always forget about that, though

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The TV is weird because they're definitely still building storylines for post-Battle stuff but also acknowledging that it is potentially the end.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Post-Crisis ROH won't count anything from this continuity as canon. I hear they're getting Kieron Gillen to reboot the Briscoes.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

They can't do Ki/CD/Dragon because Ki is doing a show in NY but I wonder how else Tony Khan is helping ROH on their last show.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
GDT is up https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3987516

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

They can't do Ki/CD/Dragon because Ki is doing a show in NY but I wonder how else Tony Khan is helping ROH on their last show.

Dragon will come out to "Final Countdown" for one last time because ROH's lack of popularity actually makes the song affordable for licensing.

Even less serious answer: BBT Tony comes out after the main event to announce that he has actually bought ROH from Sinclair and it will be rebranded as Ring of Dark Honor.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I got the vibe they’re rebuilding ROH around Gresham and EC3. IDK what all is getting scrapped in the rebuild, my worry is they try to build a closed system like WWE. Nothings worse than soulless studio wrestling cranked out en masse in front of a dead crowd.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

coconono posted:

I got the vibe they’re rebuilding ROH around Gresham and EC3. IDK what all is getting scrapped in the rebuild, my worry is they try to build a closed system like WWE. Nothings worse than soulless studio wrestling cranked out en masse in front of a dead crowd.

Whatever happens next they're not signing any contracts and are just using PPA talent, which is why all the big names are bailing as soon as possible.

Best-case scenario it ends up being East Coast PWG, worst-case scenario it's, like, Championship Wrestling From Baltimore or whatever the hell NWA is doing now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m not opposed to watching ROH running with a whoever can make it by casting call on a Tuesday show. Community theater rear end wrestling.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

East Coast PWG that tours and uses lots of local talent sounds really good actually. Though we kinda have that with Dark/Elevation.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

coconono posted:

I’m not opposed to watching ROH running with a whoever can make it by casting call on a Tuesday show. Community theater rear end wrestling.

this what theyve been doing have you seen this guy ‘sledge’

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Did they declare the world title vacant or fudge it that Gresham didn't win the same title that Bandido has?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Did they declare the world title vacant or fudge it that Gresham didn't win the same title that Bandido has?

It was announced during the preshow that without Bandido the match would be taking place for the original ROH world title, not the redesigned one Bandido currently held

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

It was announced during the preshow that without Bandido the match would be taking place for the original ROH world title, not the redesigned one Bandido currently held

Gives them a convenient main event program if they do run again in April.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hopefully Bandido doesn't catch whatever comes after Omicron.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Well, I guess ROH maybe are planning on coming back because they are putting tickets on sale for Supercard of Honor this month

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1480555922858643463?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder if its gonna be a copromotion thing with Impact because AFAIK, ROH hasn't been building anything on their TV. I'm not even sure they've been running TV.

It was weird as hell seeing OGK and Vincent not immediately attack each other.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It might just be, as Impact Wrestling will also be doing something in Dallas for WrestleCon.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

coconono posted:

I wonder if its gonna be a copromotion thing with Impact because AFAIK, ROH hasn't been building anything on their TV. I'm not even sure they've been running TV.

It was weird as hell seeing OGK and Vincent not immediately attack each other.

They were building a little on their TV. Like the EC3 program seems to be an ongoing thing. They also had Angelina Love doing a generic "I don't like any of these women" angle I'm guessing in case they lose their whole division before it comes back.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

forkboy84 posted:

Well, I guess ROH maybe are planning on coming back because they are putting tickets on sale for Supercard of Honor this month

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1480555922858643463?s=20

April 1st huh.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The buzz should go into the Hall.

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1486350577823109122

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1498812675698081799

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1498870185029218304?s=20&t=rc3AUDq_3P-GCAdjhb9MdQ

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I feel like ROH is a lot less valuable to anyone but Sinclair since Sinclair theoretically has the ability to put it into most cable watchers living rooms.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Wrestling is a lot, lot cheaper to produce and hold than reruns of a sitcom and best case scenario for Sincalair/ROH is that they put it on after the 9pm news and hope old people fall asleep while the ads play

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
this is quite the hoax

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1498826099534536704

https://twitter.com/swerveconfident/status/1498827093198655490

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1498819405962174465

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

From Quinn McKay to Denise Salcedo isn't as much a step down as falling down a flight of stairs.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

From Quinn McKay to Denise Salcedo isn't as much a step down as falling down a flight of stairs.

is she really bad? I only know her from the F4W vids she occasionally does

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

DLC Inc posted:

is she really bad? I only know her from the F4W vids she occasionally does

I've watched a few of her shows because they pop up on F4Ws youtube channel and just a ton of that smash that like and subscribe button youtube fake energy crap. It's bad enough when people do it for other pop culture but to run WWE programming through that filter, it's just tough to listen to.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

April 1st is April Fools. Has ticketing info for the event come out yet?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Time to merge this thread with the AEW thread. Pros: same OP author for both already, and the ROH thread posters may be able to make the AEW thread better than it's historically been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
tony khan has bought ring of honor