Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

What the hell was that? It wasn't even edited well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
this last one was great, no super interesting victims this time but it was still really funny

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love how SBC made Jill Stein the most reasonable person of everybody on his show.

edit: To be fair, this show is such an incredible indictment of "high society" that it would justify an overnight guillotine revolution.

late edit: holy gently caress that Jan Brewer post-credits bit. Gabrielle Giffords, husband of an astronaut who was shot in the loving brain at point blank and survived, is from Arizona. So that puts so much of the Apraio and Brewer bits in context.

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 08:57 on Aug 20, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Slugnoid posted:

this last one was great, no super interesting victims this time but it was still really funny

ya loved morad's constant sniping at the reality show guy, also the male birth & the cannibalism

these are some messed up people

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
The really brilliant thing I noticed from the Cannibalism and Dick Sucking Krav Maga bits is Cohen has a few ways to go and back up gags. Like with the baby suicide thing the easy bait was get the guy to assume it's the dark skinned baby, but the guy doesn't fall for the bait so it's a transition to "The baby isn't always the terrorist" lecture
Or the food critic thing, each of the earlier steps was supposed to weird him out or get the guy to refuse in a huff, especially the cannibalism thing, but he also had the doubled down layers of crazy to just see how far the guy would go into making the cannibalism utterly repugnant

I think some of the bits fail to land, like if he can't get the person to say something stupid -or get them uncomfortable and mad- what's the point? Like the Trump campaign guy or Clark. Neither of which either quite took the bait, but at the same time they didn't seem spineless like Dean.

Taintrunner posted:

late edit: holy gently caress that Jan Brewer post-credits bit. Gabrielle Giffords, husband of an astronaut who was shot in the loving brain at point blank and survived, is from Arizona. So that puts so much of the Apraio and Brewer bits in context.

Yeah that was so crazy. At least Arpaio has the dumb and wrong "Good guys with guns!" narrative. She's on camera literally saying advocates of race war should have guns -as long as they're not retarded.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 19:07 on Aug 24, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Yeah, Cohen (and his writers) definitely took the time to prepare for a lot of the directions the situation might go... Like, "what do we do/say if he goes for it?"

I was hoping he'd get the hippie dude to help pull the doll head out of his rear end, you could see he had a huge fake cock for the eventuality

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

We learned that gun nuts are Ok with giving terrorists the blowjob experience of their life as a way to defeat them...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I got room for two

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
OJ's in the next one

https://twitter.com/SachaBaronCohen/status/1033804403952820224

bebop esq has issued a correction as of 22:45 on Aug 26, 2018

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
omg the oj skitch

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
lol this show has actually made me embarrassed for OJ Simpson

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I've seen so many people saying how the Truthbrary skits are the weakest and while they definitely don't get the same big moments I think they're actually much more clever than people give them credit for.

Everyone's treating it like "oh it's just taking lazy swipes at crazy conservatives"; the whole point of the skit is that these insane right wingers irl do not have any sort of intellectual honesty and will never engage in good faith discussions, and the centrist argument of 'if we only just lower our voices and listen to each other we can sort this out' is complete nonsense. We get to see bad demss brains break in realtime as they choke on their own decorum

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I just watched the part where the ex-con makes the food critic eat human flesh and it's horrifying

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Making the radical anti-liberal guys compliment each other was amazing.

And the "the scary thing is it's so easy to radicalize them, turn them into killers" punchline to that scene is perfect.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I've seen so many people saying how the Truthbrary skits are the weakest and while they definitely don't get the same big moments I think they're actually much more clever than people give them credit for.

Everyone's treating it like "oh it's just taking lazy swipes at crazy conservatives"; the whole point of the skit is that these insane right wingers irl do not have any sort of intellectual honesty and will never engage in good faith discussions, and the centrist argument of 'if we only just lower our voices and listen to each other we can sort this out' is complete nonsense. We get to see bad demss brains break in realtime as they choke on their own decorum

nah, when they don't bite or at least get frustrated ot weirded out it's just not funny and Daily Show tier commentary at best. We already know these shits are dishonest.
The Howard Dean interview comes the closest to what you're describing, since it's setting him up with such softballs to be a halfway decent person and he utterly fails at all of them.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

roomforthetuna posted:

Making the radical anti-liberal guys compliment each other was amazing.

And the "the scary thing is it's so easy to radicalize them, turn them into killers" punchline to that scene is perfect.

oh man this one was crazy

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Overall this would have made for a Borat-tier 90 minute film with the best bits (anything from Morrad, Arpaio, The mosque)

Still I can’t be mad because even it’s weakest parts are basically better than anything else on tv

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Sarah Palin segement never happened, legal fuckery or second season?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...impression=true

(Nothing new for those who've watched the episode probably)

quote:

Sacha Baron Cohen’s undercover show ended its first and only season without airing a highly anticipated interview with former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R).

Palin was one of the first Republican figures to admit to being duped by Cohen for his Showtime series, “Who is America?”

Earlier this year, Palin revealed details of the encounter, saying that Cohen disguised himself as a wounded veteran and tricked her into an interview, which she ultimately walked out of.

The network pushed back in a statement, saying that Cohen was not presenting himself as a disabled veteran, but as his character Billy Wayne Ruddick Jr., Ph. D., who appeared in other episodes and uses a mobility scooter to “conserve [his] body's finite energy."

Cohen also responded to Palin in a letter written in character as Ruddick, writing: “I only fought for my country once – when I shot a Mexican who came onto my property.”

The finale of the show, which aired Sunday evening, did not include the recorded interview. Palin told “Good Morning America” last month that the interview was “bizarre, really embarrassing, humiliating.”

The episode did include a shout-out to Palin in the credits, listing her as a “Special Publicity Consultant (Inadvertent.)”

Cohen tricked a number of public figures throughout the series, including former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio, former Vice President Dick Cheney, O.J. Simpson and several Republican lawmakers.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

IDONTPOST posted:

second season

definitely

w/ all new characters ofc

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Sequel series "Where is America?" featuring geography-related conversations, pranks, and pop quizzes.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
The Netflix show "Magic for Humans" had a few scenes that occasionally felt like a really lightweight Who Is America.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
That Palin thing is brilliant. Especially after she tried sp hard to gin up another 15 minutes in the spotlight.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

the last episode of this was truly awe inspiring. anyone not watching this is really missing out

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So they never aired the full Palin segment?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah this show sucks when it's not Erron Morad honestly. They should have just made a 2 hour movie of him being a loving dickhead to chuds, lobbyists, and politicians.

I'm just glad someone defended antifa on television honestly. edit: oh my god this tablet explosive murder plotline what in the gently caress

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 05:22 on Aug 28, 2018

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
So I'm assuming they have to say there won't be another season so they can stay undercover filming it, right? :(

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
there is at least one muslim guy doing basically life in federal prison for the exact same thing only he was a teenager

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqrOUjCRhsY

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
A curse on me and a curse on all of you!

https://twitter.com/AvigdorLiberman/status/1036925773142257664

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

What is he saying? "The comedian’s new show makes a mockery of Israeli machismo. But he doesn’t know who we really are."?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing long enough for a transcript, basically he's rolling his eyes at the guy's dumb ideas and ends by saying "forget about this nonsense, we have the best soldiers in the world".

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

no joke I scrolled past that tweet and thought it was SBC. Jesus Christ he just nailed it so hard with this show

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Coolness Averted posted:

That Palin thing is brilliant. Especially after she tried sp hard to gin up another 15 minutes in the spotlight.

link?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

IDONTPOST posted:

Sarah Palin segement never happened, legal fuckery or second season?

please please someone leak it

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

You mean just a link to her trying to make a news story and releasing public statements about being duped by SBC?
I'm not saying I saw the aborted segment. I'm saying it's hilarious they used her and let her gin up so much free publicity for the show and then didn't air her stuff so she couldn't really make hay of it.

It's in Grevling's post

Grevling posted:

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...impression=true

(Nothing new for those who've watched the episode probably)

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 21:40 on Sep 4, 2018

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

the secret to krav maga is be loving jacked and do nothing but stage parodic contrived demos and talk poo poo hahahaha

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Roy Moore is suing SBC for defamation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

ScrubLeague posted:

Roy Moore is suing SBC for defamation

For 95 million, no less. Not sure why he didn't just go for a hundredty billion zillion, but then I'm not a lawyer.

• Locked thread