Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Noted Canadian and drunk driving enthusiast

Christ I wish this would fit as a username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm impressed, Belge. Well done.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

We arrive now at the third qualifying round. With the end of the second qualifying round, we bid adieu to some of our favorite minnow countries

• Montenegro without Serbia
  • The Free Bus State
  • Ulster Ireland
  • Mini-Italy
  • Mini-Spain
  • Spain Island
  • Cold Islands
  • Christian Island
  • Switzerland but with more tax evasion
  • Serbia 2: Electric Kosovo

You are gone... and also forgotton

In the interest of time and relevancy I shall talk about matchups involving newcomers.

The Loser Path of Former Champions

-

Bulgarian champion Ludo Gorets have failed their way into the 3rd qualifying round by failing to beat the Hungarian champions Videoton MOL Vidi. What a stupid name. The fake Croatians are still being fake Croatians

-

After Legia Warsaw failed to siege the city of Trnava, it now sets its sights on Dudelange. The Luxembourgish lads will hope their special tax deals with Poland can shield them from defeat.

-

Fun fact: even though it's all up in my face I typoed Alashkert's name in the OP. They're still boring though, so I hope CFR Cluj runs a train on them.

-

Last round Ljubljana kicked Northern Ireland out of Eurofoot. This time they could do it to Finland. If I were Helsingi Jalkapalloklubi, I'd be very afraid.

-

🤠
  🇲🇩🇲🇩🇲🇩
🇲🇩 🇲🇩 🇲🇩
👇 🇲🇩🇲🇩 👇
  🇲🇩 🇲🇩
  🇲🇩  🇲🇩
  👢 👢

howdy. i'm the sheriff of moldova

-

I see Cork finally bothered to show up. They'll have to be fierce against Norwegian champions Rosenborg who have somehow lost to Celtic over two legs.

-

In this battle of the Baltics, we say: lmao wtf is that logo Suduva. We're not playing FIFA here.

-

Dear Midtjylland,

Please kick Total Network Solutions out of Eurofoot.

Cheers,

Bung Piepit

-

Hapoel Be'er Sheva meet APOEL in a very special 'Clubs that beat the poo poo out of Flora Tallinn' festival galore.

-

Can Albanian champions Kukësi avoid The Curse of the Thread Title and not get ousted by Georgians? Who knows, who cares.

The Epic Win Path for Not-Champions

-

We could imply that there will probably a massive chance of collusion between the greatest Belorussian and the greatest Russian club ever, even going so far as saying Zenit will probably win easily because of UEFA sponsor Gazprom, but should we be that cynical of the beautiful game in late capitalism.The answer is probably.

-

Apparently Sturm Graz were one of three Intertoto winners once. This game isn't that interesting.

-

Sarpsborg is winning the hearts and minds of some by going strong in their very first Eurofoot campaign. It's a drat shame they'll probably get wrecked by Rijeka

-

Brexiteer promise shattered as Basaksehir Turks enter England anyway.

-

Zorya Luhansk of war-torn Eastern Ukraine meet Braga of class war-torn Portugal. Finally, newcomer ties that might be interesting!

-

So uhh, what happened in Greece, Basel? Are you actually going to turn up in this, the greatest of Eurofoot competitions?

-

This matchup is probably peak Eurofoot. I've never heard of Sigma Olomouc in my life, and I've been doing these threads for a while now.

-

Fun Fact: Rapid Wien are the only club currently outside of Germany to have won the German title. The collaborator cunts.

-

Hey remember when it was discovered Greek football was all a sham to promote Olympiacos? Whatever happened to that? Luzern are apparently rivals of Sankt Gallen, who are gone from the competition. I hope these Swiss leave too.

-

Will Feyenoord follow the way of Vitesse and actually win a game? Or will they gently caress up like AZ did?

-

I still don't know who Jagiellonia are, but now they're playing a Belgian team. Former Spurswreckers Gent. Please post in the Belgium thread.

-

I've actually never seen Brondby's logo until today. Why is it a well?

-

The students at Universitatea Craiova have found out that drinking Red Bull doesn't actually give you wings. Huge if true

These matches don't have newcomers, but they might be interesting???

Pyunik -- Maccabi Tel Aviv
Hapoel Haifa - Atalanta
Genk - Lech Poznan
Nordsjaelland - Partizan
Hibs - Molde
Hajduk - Steaua
Sevilla - Zalgiris
Mariupol - Bordeaux
CSKA Sofia - Kobnhavn
Rangers - Maribor
Ufa - Progres Niederkorn
Besiktas - LASK Linz
Apollon Limassol - Dinamo Brest

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
you are doing the lords work op

edit:

belgend posted:

-

I've actually never seen Brondby's logo until today. Why is it a well?

'Brøndby' means 'Well-town/city'

ass cobra fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 3, 2018

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Doing a big lol at the fact that we'll have matches like Sevilla - Bordeaux or Feyenoord - Rapid Wien in the playoffs to the Europa League, clearly it's just too elite a competition to fit all these garbage teams, thanks UEFA

Last time Molde got knocked out by Sevilla they at least got to beat a bunch of poo poo European teams in the group stages first so I'll be especially chuffed if they end up matched with them again

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Insurrectionist posted:

Doing a big lol at the fact that we'll have matches like Sevilla - Bordeaux or Feyenoord - Rapid Wien in the playoffs to the Europa League, clearly it's just too elite a competition to fit all these garbage teams, thanks UEFA

Last time Molde got knocked out by Sevilla they at least got to beat a bunch of poo poo European teams in the group stages first so I'll be especially chuffed if they end up matched with them again

Bordeaux and Sevilla are garbage teams cause they finished 7th in their league. Maybe they should strive to be as good as *checks wiki* Akhisar Belediyespor

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Maybe if they place 7th they shouldn't be bullying garbage leagues in Europe at all

makes you think

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Insurrectionist posted:

Feyenoord and Rapid Wien are unironically garbage

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EntwAiSQzPQ
Minsk v Zenit game is streamed without commentary gently caress yeah
And Minsk have a player named Shitov
While Zenit have Shatov

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

looks like zenit are shitov actually

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

results post woo

Pyunik 0-0 Maccabi Tel Aviv
Ufa 2-1 Niederkorn
Hapoel Haifa 1-4 Atalanta
Alashkert 0-2 Cluj
Jurmala 0-1 Marijampole
Leipzig 3-1 Craiova
Olomouc 2-0 Kairat
Ludogorets 1-0 Zrjinski
Minsk 4-0 Zenit (lmao)
Trencin 4-0 Feyenoord (also lmao)
Mariupol 1-3 Bordeaux
Hapoel Be'er Sheva 2-2 APOEL
Graz 0-2 Larnaca
Kutaisi 5-2 Kukesi
Sheriff 1-0 Valur
Apollon 4-0 Dinamo Brest
Bialystok 0-1 Gent
CSKA Sofia 1-2 Kobnhavn
Nordsjaelland 1-2 Partizan
Vitesse 0-1 Basel
Basaksehir 0-0 Burnley
Olympiacos 4-0 Luzern
Genk 2-0 Poznan
Ljubljana 3-0 HJK
Besiktas 1-0 LASK
Luhansk 1-1 Braga
Hibs 0-0 Molde
Cork 0-2 Rosenborg
Hajduk 0-0 Steaua
TNS 0-2 Midtylland
Subotica 0-2 Brondby
Rangers 3-1 Maribor
Sarpsborg 1-1 Rijeka
Legia 1-2 Dudelange (lmao)

more to cum

belgend fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 9, 2018

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Feyenoord must surely be one of the consistently worst performing teams in Europe relative to their size/league these days

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Legia conceded a goal to Dudelange, someone check if mackintosh is OK

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

belgend posted:

results post woo

Pyunik 0-0 Maccabi Tel Aviv
Ufa 2-1 Niederkorn
Hapoel Haifa 1-4 Atalanta
Alashkert 0-2 Cluj
Jurmala 0-1 Marijampole
Leipzig 3-1 Craiova
Olomouc 2-0 Kairat
Ludogorets 1-0 Zrjinski
Minsk 4-0 Zenit (lmao)
Trencin 4-0 Feyenoord (also lmao)
Mariupol 1-3 Bordeaux
Hapoel Be'er Sheva 2-2 APOEL
Graz INTERRUPTED AT 0-2 Larnaca
Kutaisi 5-2 Kukesi
Sheriff 1-0 Valur
Apollon 4-0 Dinamo Brest
Bialystok 0-1 Gent
CSKA Sofia 1-2 Kobnhavn
Nordsjaelland 1-2 Partizan
Vitesse 0-1 Basel
Basaksehir 0-0 Burnley
Olympiacos 4-0 Luzern
Genk 2-0 Poznan
Ljubljana 3-0 HJK
Besiktas 1-0 LASK

more to cum

I recognize a few of these teams.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

belgend posted:

Legia conceded a goal to Dudelange, someone check if mackintosh is OK

Don't worry, I expected this. Bear in mind Legia are currently managed by a caretaker manager (this was his third game in charge in 17 years), who took over from a guy who was an assistant (managed a women's team prior to this gig) to another guy who had no experience in senior football that we fired in May. The club is nearly broke, and it's a complete joke. I'm just counting down the days until it goes tits up, ends up relegated to the lowest tier and gets bought out by the fans.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
:(

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Just watched the Hapoel Haifa - Atalanta highlights and when Barrow scored and did the Muslim prayer thing the crowd boo'd insanely loud.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
dude...

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

rear end cobra posted:

you are doing the lords work op

edit:

'Brøndby' means 'Well-town/city'

They are however more known for their consumption of glue, than water from the well.

Good times in Bulgaria, with a belgian ref that gave no fucks. For example he didn't care we did a back pass the the keeper who picked it up, but he was taking no poo poo from Sofia.

Denis Vavro, what a loving shot from a CB

and then a weak rear end penalty

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 10, 2018

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Just watched the Hapoel Haifa - Atalanta highlights and when Barrow scored and did the Muslim prayer thing the crowd boo'd insanely loud.

from the river to the sea, etc.

also we expected more of you Hibs

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Israel shouldn't be in UEFA anyway so who gives a poo poo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Israel shouldn't be in UEFA anyway so who gives a poo poo.

Because they should be called out at every opportunity.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

From a dutch ref blog because BBC article didn't have a video, but here is a guy at Sturm Graz/AEK Larnaca match throwing a drink at a referee and nailing him, causing a good amount of bleeding. Game restarted after a half hour delay.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Legia have hired Sa Pinto. Jesus Christ. This club is a gift that just keeps on giving. Not only are the ultras going to beat on the players, now we have a manager who might slap them around too.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Lmao if he got tilted in the Belge league he's going to write hour long monologues in Poland

mang
Jul 21, 2015
I forgot to bet against legia today ugh gently caress MY rear end

mang
Jul 21, 2015
Zenit packing their bags too. Red after 72’ and still need 2 more goals

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

mang posted:

Zenit packing their bags too. Red after 72’ and still need 2 more goals

They managed to do it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Is beating Legia going to be the Luxembourgish team's best result in Europe?

mang
Jul 21, 2015

Gigi Galli posted:

They managed to do it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lol

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
lol indeed

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Imagine conceding four times against 10 men, twice in the second half of extra time when your opponents have run their legs off already to make up the advantage to boot, how the gently caress did Minsk beat even a Zenit B-team by four goals in the first game?

mang
Jul 21, 2015

lmao

mang
Jul 21, 2015
make it 7. besiktas just scored in the 90th to likely put themselves through as well

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
and zenit had to play in an empty petrovsky(their old stadium) due to some uefa ban for something(racism?)

although you can hear the fans that rented house boats just outside the stadium cheering throughout though

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

holy poo poo

mang
Jul 21, 2015
8-1 now jesus christ

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
considering the 10 men this is at least a PSG-tier collapse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
This is loving insane and I missed the first 90 minutes of this crazyness but this is loving insane

• Locked thread