Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Holy hell new space station I just visited is cool as poo poo. One side has multiple levels, everything has been moved but it is buggy as hell. With some of the vendors, it won't let me purchase anything. New ship builder will be awesome but it looks like everything needs to be cleaned up a bit. On screen selections are "ui_ship_tab_scientific" instead of whatever it is meant to be.

E: this is way late but just realized it's my first ever snipe, so :synpa:

Savage Bliss fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

gently caress yes!

itshappening.gif

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The UI labels are super messed up, all the upgrades on a space station cost anywhere from minus 500 to 20,000 nanites (it says they’re “discounted”) and can't be bought so there are some bugs as expected. Even the in-game patch notes have labeling issues. :haw:

There's a ship builder that lets you create the four basic types of ships but no other customization from what I can see. So no customization for exotics then? Could be I just haven't found it yet.

E: Okay so yeah you scrap ships and get to pick a part (left/right wing, cockpit) that goes in your inventory which you can then use to build a new ship. Exotics, solar ships and expedition ships can’t be scrapped for parts, only units. :(

Also the explorer's guild envoy now doesn't just throw a random reward at you but has a shop inventory with a bunch of cool free stuff, like warp hypercores, launch fuel and upgrades up to S-class.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 27, 2024

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Friends, this looks to be IT

*sighs, rolls eyes, reinstalls*

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
https://www.nomanssky.com/orbital-update/

quote:

Dock your fully customised starship in the sleek new space stations of update 4.6, ORBITAL! Space stations have been completely overhauled; brand new starships can be constructed from salvaged parts; frigate fleets can request intervention with interstellar expeditions; trading, standing and guilds have been improved – and much more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3svmrkl3_M

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So yeah, if you see a wing you like, you’ll need to find another of the same type if you want a symmetrical ship. Or a ship at all. I guess it’s a good thing that systems have only a specific number of ships, but parts are consumables.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Been playing this game since the original launch. What Hello Games has done with this over the years is nothing short of incredible.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Drat, you can’t mess with ship building in creative. Wonder if that’s on purpose.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hahaha with the discount bug for tech upgrade vendors, selling them gives you an insane amount of nanites. Sitting pretty on 4,29 billion right now. I didn't even notice until after I'd sold the couple I'd gotten from the envoy.

Well hey, got all pet slots unlocked!

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 27, 2024

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

is the update later on xbox for some reason? i dont seem to see it yet

this one looks to have everything i originally wanted to make the game "complete" imo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

oh gently caress yeah

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
They've done it again!!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://twitter.com/Toshi_TNE/status/1772990650574639170?t=f93OmAC40DWlDq9QiJj-1g&s=19

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Fired it up, looks like the update hasn't hit the GOG version just yet?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Haven't played NMS in ages after who knows how many 100's of hours.

How much variation is there now when it comes to space station interiors? That was the one thing I always disliked but it sounds like this is now 'solved' with procgen? Or is it still just a number of prefabs?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Stare-Out posted:

Hahaha with the discount bug for tech upgrade vendors, selling them gives you an insane amount of nanites. Sitting pretty on 4,29 billion right now. I didn't even notice until after I'd sold the couple I'd gotten from the envoy.

Well hey, got all pet slots unlocked!

Aww man, this made me excited but turns out the bug doesn't happen on PS5, all my tech upgrade prices are completely normal. No big nanite boost for me, it seems.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

When editing your Freighter Base loadout, is there a way to add like a vertical column or vertical hatch? Or is everything confined to a flat grid layout?

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

When editing your Freighter Base loadout, is there a way to add like a vertical column or vertical hatch? Or is everything confined to a flat grid layout?

There are both ladders and stairways, but you might have to unlock them, I don't remember.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

John F Bennett posted:

Haven't played NMS in ages after who knows how many 100's of hours.

How much variation is there now when it comes to space station interiors? That was the one thing I always disliked but it sounds like this is now 'solved' with procgen? Or is it still just a number of prefabs?

This *just* changed, like, today. So we'll be able to answer soon.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Custom starships... Sweet Zombie Jesus, my prayers are finally answered. :worship:

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Libluini posted:

Aww man, this made me excited but turns out the bug doesn't happen on PS5, all my tech upgrade prices are completely normal. No big nanite boost for me, it seems.

PS5 user here. It worked for me. You have to SELL the vendor one of your tech mods. Then you get a ridiculously high number of nanites.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Savage Bliss posted:

PS5 user here. It worked for me. You have to SELL the vendor one of your tech mods. Then you get a ridiculously high number of nanites.

Tried this, 3-4 times. Each time, I just got the completely normal amount of nanites back.

Edit: In fact, because I've been buying and then selling tech mods multiple times, I'm steadily losing nanites. :shepface:

Libluini fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 27, 2024

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

I went to 3 stations, picking one each of the Gek, Korvax and Vykeen. They were all noticeably different from one another. Not sure if they did anything with the Anomoly.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Libluini posted:

Tried this, 3-4 times. Each time, I just got the completely normal amount of nanites back.

Edit: In fact, because I've been buying and then selling tech mods multiple times, I'm steadily losing nanites. :shepface:

Thats odd that it didn't work. I'm going to try it again later tonight with one of my other saves and see if it works there or not.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Libluini posted:

I'm pretty sure this is reputation related; as in if you have fully done every race they give you discounts at space stations for tech. I have everything maxed out so it gave me a discount but because of this bug the discount brought the price down to a negative to an absurd degree so selling tech upgrades to them refunded a bananas amount of nanites.

This was on PS5 as well, by the way.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Savage Bliss posted:

Thats odd that it didn't work. I'm going to try it again later tonight with one of my other saves and see if it works there or not.

I guess I shouldn't complain! After all, that other weird glitch that cost people thousands of items from their refineries also never happened to me. I'll just chalk this up to karma payment for all the bad glitches I never had to suffer through. :v:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I want to say the 3D grid for the freighter base is 20x, 20y, 15z? ish? So conceptually "yes things can go upwards" and some people before this update "spoofed" large internal areas by making them outside

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Libluini posted:

I guess I shouldn't complain! After all, that other weird glitch that cost people thousands of items from their refineries also never happened to me. I'll just chalk this up to karma payment for all the bad glitches I never had to suffer through. :v:

Honestly I'm a bit bummed out since I didn't mind doing the work earning nanites but I guess now I'll never have to worry about it. Now instead of setting up mold farms I'll have to focus fully on scavenging the parts to build the goofiest explorer ship I can.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stare-Out posted:

Honestly I'm a bit bummed out since I didn't mind doing the work earning nanites but I guess now I'll never have to worry about it. Now instead of setting up mold farms I'll have to focus fully on scavenging the parts to build the goofiest explorer ship I can.

I think you can still save yourself if you didn't create a new manual save. If you reload from before the point where you exploited the glitch, everything should return to normal.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Libluini posted:

I think you can still save yourself if you didn't create a new manual save. If you reload from before the point where you exploited the glitch, everything should return to normal.

It's far too late now, I quit the game once before I noticed the glitch happened and loaded in twice since so I'll have to live with it. Fortunately there's plenty to do anyway.

Savage Bliss
Jul 4, 2007

Yeah, I just had another patch downloaded and the nanite glitch is no more.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

he can't keep getting away with it

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

The Engoodening of No Man’s Sky video that made me buy the game was four years ago. That updates are still going is amazing.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I've started buying random ships and trashing them for bits, in between repairing crashed ones for the same reason. Interestingly, the ship parts are inventory items, meaning you could give them to other people.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

They patched out the PS5 UI bug quickly enough, wow.

I still can't buy ship reactors because of the rep discount bug, I now have a 172% discount at tech vendors and it claims I can't afford to buy them because of insufficient nanites, which I have over 4 billion of. :shepspends:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

ElectricSheep posted:

*sighs, rolls eyes, reinstalls*

:same:

I uninstalled it a few days after the last expedition got done figuring I'd be done until the next one.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Thing I've wondered about for over 300 hours: anyone done stats on how much you earn from extracting metals via the largest brush vs. the smallest brush? I know you get more from the smaller brush, but I'm curious about how much more.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I did test it once out by reloading and re-harvesting the same patch with the larget and smallest, but this was years ago, all i remember is it was a very significant difference. You get a tiny amount from using the largest one.

The thing I'm wondering about currently is how to get rid of these 4 billion nanites i got from the bugged station merchant.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

marktheando posted:

The thing I'm wondering about currently is how to get rid of these 4 billion nanites i got from the bugged station merchant.

Upgrade literally everything you own to S class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

marktheando posted:

save editor