Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I picked this up on sale and it's a ton of fun, but I am confused with how to set up the freighter exocraft thing.

Can someone explain it for babby with short bullet points?
Where do I build the exocraft station? Will the exocraft get summoned with all the upgrades? Can you have more than one station for each exocraft type or is it locked to one exocraft of each type?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Is it possible to upgrade exocraft from the freighter?

e: related how do I get the minotaur to automine

The Slack Lagoon fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 29, 2022

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Unfortunate, i like building on the freighter because it just pulls whatever you need from storage. Any way to replicate that on a ground base?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Do freighter bases transfer over when you buy a new one?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

The last achievement I haven't gotten in this game is "hang out on a hazard planet for way too long in real time"

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Yes, it's terrible.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Go build a base on a hazardous planet. Aim for it to be a safe haven from the elements. You'll get that achievement in no time.

I built a base on a hazard planet and spent time collecting storm crystals and now i have like 200 warp cores, and still not even close to the achievement.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Is there a way to get the Expedition 10 Jetpack in an normal save? I don't see it in the Expedition Shop for my permadeath game after finishing E10.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

So each system will always yield the same cosmetic version of sentinel interceptors? I got two from the same system that looks the same, although one is far better quality

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Rick posted:

The frig missions are some of the easiest ways to get the materials for iridesite and geodesite which it also just gives you directly sometimes which really cuts the expense in high end manufacturing of fusion igniters and stasis devices ($$$$$$). Making and selling those will get you so much money.

The setup for that though is a big investment in time to build all sorts of different types of farms that will likely be over different systems.

It’s probably easiest to just start with a living glass mine because the starter materials are all common and don’t involve any gas extraction so you can see if you like farming/manufacturing and make some good money on it before going nutso.

I tried doing some manufacturing in my permadeath game but i already have 650m so I'm not sure I need any more money.... Meet to hit up some pirates to launder credits to nanites.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Has there been any indication they might do the old expeditions again?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I got a starfield code with a CPU, and I have to say playing starfield just makes me want to play nms instead.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Soonmot posted:

Is there ever a reason to install the upgrades you get from sentinal glass instead of just selling them?

They might be better than the ones you already have installed

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Hopper posted:

Wait you can summon freighter?

You can summon freighter to your location in space or even if you're on a planet, but it has to have the correct drive type. By default only normal stars. And distance or galaxy summoned to doesn't matter.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Trying to boot up NMS on my newly built PC to do the current expedition because it's one I missed, but NMS is defaulting to the AMD iGPU and not the NVIDA Discreet GPU. Haven;t been able to figure out a fix with all my googling yet. Any suggestions to try?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

idonotlikepeas posted:

If you're on a newer version of Windows, go to Settings: System -> Display -> Graphics and see if NMS shows up in the list of apps there. If it doesn't, pick "Desktop App" from the menu on top and click Browse, then find the executable (you can use Steam to find local files to get the path for it). Then pick nms.exe, which should add it to the list. Now that it's on the list, click on it, press the "options" button, and pick "high performance".

If you're using an older version of Windows for some reason, you can do the same thing with the NVIDIA control panel.

Yeah looks like it was windows 11 trying to run NMS as "power saver" and not high performance. Got it working and managed to finish the expedition :)

e: and I should have said new build from end of October, but the first time I was trying to play NMS on it. Other games have been working fine on the correct GPU

The Slack Lagoon fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 25, 2023

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

How much time is left to do the expedition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I spend so much time with so much ferrite all over the place and my god, does that practically disappear immediately when you start building a serious base.

Anyone have good tricks to get a loving poo poo load of it (or dust, magnetized, whatever)? I'm maybe 40% done my base and I'm constantly running low.

Find a vein and mine it

e: with the survey scanner not one you mind on the surface

The Slack Lagoon fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 28, 2024