Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

precision posted:

BUT SANDWORMS WHEN

gently caress the sandworm. The planet in that video looked niiiiice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

That's how you social media :shobon:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Do the storms look better?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

precision posted:

Yeah storms are rad as hell now

plants and rocks and everything can be WAY bigger now

oh my godddddd

gently caress I keep verifying my files to force the update that hasn't been pushed yet gently caress

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

StrixNebulosa posted:

Apparently the PS4 version has hosed up clouds so they're desperately trying to fix it for the steam version

But that's hearsay so whoo knoooows

I buy it, sounds like something that would happen

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Red Warrior posted:

Can't verify but seeing people posting elsewhere it's gone live on steam. 6.5GB.

Update queued. Its live

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
What the gently caress, normal difficulty my environment shield is almost dead by the time I get control, and I get hassled by a sential before I can even fix the scanner.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I wish carbon still replenished your life supports, but I accept that was patches and patches ago.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The planet the tutorial wanted me to build my first base on was a balmy archipelago so that was nice. I'd post a pic but the water looks like poo poo :shrug:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I've seen blue skies on both my planets. Granted this bit of space is a blue tint, but in my pre-NEXT save purple space still had a normal sky day and night. Tell me they didnt gently caress with the weird colors the sky can be

E: I do love the changes to recipes, it makes a sort of sense. Fixing the ship actually felt like fixing a ship.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

The_Doctor posted:

Ok, started on a toxic hell world and I can’t find any oxygen to build a refinery (?). Where should I be looking?

The red plants are oxygen now

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Fyi, if you pick up your refinery it nulls whatever fuel you had in it.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ok I’m home and getting ready to start and this is some real loving serious shaders loading at the start.

Yeah it seriously concerned me for a little bit lol

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Retro42 posted:

It puts the extra back into your inventory.

Well gently caress me, that's nice.

E: I gotta say, as disapponted as I was with 1.0 I held on to my hope and my avatar, so far I'm enjoying the changes quite a bit. The little things here and there make it feel like what they should have released.

Course I'm on PC, sounds like the ps4 is having some pains.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 24, 2018

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

DaveKap posted:

gently caress... really? I was hoping I wouldn't have to replay the plot but I loaded up my old save and there's no mainline quest to do anymore. Is there a new plot to follow or are they just rewarding new characters better?

From the very little of the plot I did pre next the plot is better tied I guess. There are new lines for sure

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

Updated. Can't wait to smoke, chill, and start a new game.

:hmmyes:

I'm digging the new update hard

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

xilni posted:

I too like to endlessly load shaders, please tell me it doesn’t do this on every start up...

If its anything like previous fresh installs of NMS, it shouldnt.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So does water look like flickery seran wrap in picture mode for anyone else?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Soul Glo posted:

so, no man's sky on pc is kind of a mess huh? i just bought it tonight.

i turned off vsync to try and fix the lovely frame rate (running this on an i7 with a 1070, but yeah, really bad frames), and it hard crashed to desktop. then steam wouldn't relaunch it. gets stuck on "preparing to launch." shut down steam, restart it, get it to run. turns out i lost about half an hour of progress. okay, fine, whatever, try to reload the autosave and see if that’s any further, hard crash to desktop again.

and steam is being fucky since it updated tonight.

:sigh:

e: yeah it seems applying any graphics updates with vsync off crashes it. :lol:

e2: finally managed to turn vsync back on and got a "restart required for changes to take effect" message, which i haven't seen before the earlier crashes, must be hanging there.

Weird. I have an i5 and a 1050 and I dont have any frame issues, with vsync on.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Alrighty, here we have my second planet, thus my first base home!

I love that what you see actually matches the geography

and lastly my humble little shacks front yard

You cant see it, but the base mission happened to put me like directly under the rings, so theres a thin line crossing the whole sky. Pretty planet, but watch out for the superheated rain storms!

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 25, 2018

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The clouds really do look so much better. They dont even move that that fast, slowing them down by .10 or something would work.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

I haven't been to the mountain yet but considering the distance it's pretty tall, I'll check out the peak before I build my hyperdrive

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

abigserve posted:

be careful with multiplayer, found two additional problems:

- If you start a new character and join a friends game, and that friend is not in the same system they started in, the intro missions bug out and become unable to complete due to the recipe for antimatter being on a planet in another system (lol). This is easily fixed by quitting to menu and starting a single player game, the mission will move to whatever system your character is in.

- Multiplayer is a hosted experience. Any progress you do on your character while in a multiplayer game will carry forward into your own singleplayer game. However, if you quit, and then rejoin, you will join BACK to the host players system, potentially losing hours of forward travelling progress if you had decided to split up considerably. This is an issue with multiplayer if you tried playing it like we did which is "singleplayer but we'll meet up sometimes".

Yikes, glad I'm sp.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Ciaphas posted:

probably :(

Ironically enough not until the update really

E: theres always creative mode, no limits

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Eyud posted:

For anyone on PC, the most important mod is working with Next now.

Thank you!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

cubicle gangster posted:

Ok I'm totally loving lost.

I started a new game - found the ship, got told to go find some things to fix the ship, and apparently if the ship isn't fixed, it doesn't show up on the map? How the hell am I supposed to find my way back? I've just been running around for 20 minutes with no idea if I'm going in the right direction or not.
Fix your scanner

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I haven't been to the mountain yet but considering the distance it's pretty tall, I'll check out the peak before I build my hyperdrive

Made it to the tippy top, you can almost touch the clouds!

Also on the trip to the base of the mountain I noticed the godrays and thought they were pretty

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 26, 2018

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

f#a# posted:

I just started a new save on this, haven't played since launch. It's feeling pretty good so far but I am six hours into my save and just got AtlasPass v1. For the love of God though, when and how can I expect to upgrade my Exosuit inventory? Am I missing something on a space station?

Yep, right beside the character customization pad you can buy an exosuit slot once per station

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
It's funny they never fixed the 'mining gun never overheats' bug but they fixed the dupe fast as gently caress.

Pc players theres always cheat engine, if you want to give yourself fuel but have to work for other things or something like that

E:hell, what I did is just edit how much fuel is used on launch to something approaching reasonable

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

panda clue posted:

it's the new thing the kids are doing these days

Back before Cam Newton threw superbowls

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

shortspecialbus posted:

This is a very good post, thank you! Now to find money somewhere.

Copper sells for a good bit in bulk honestly

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Oh boy, I sure do love combining obtuse, difficult save mechanics with the chance to randomly crash after 20 minutes of exploration. :(

Treat the ship as a save point. Not that it helps much when they seemingly want you doing a lot of ground exploration, but still.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Quote isnt edit, my bad

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Zaa Boogie posted:

I am confused as to a thing that's happening.

2 of the 3 Korvax merchants on my starting space station and random NPCs are owned suddenly afraid of me and won't talk to me. Has this always been a thing?

Apparently 16/16/16/16 meant something to them

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

John F Bennett posted:

Is it actually possible to find a nice earth-like planet that doesn't have firestorms or frenzied sentinels? I think it's time to start settling down but I don't want to deal with hazards.

Also, it's weird that everyone starts waving at me every time I go to the market.

I lucked out and this is my second planet, the one in my pics. There has only been one heated rainstorm outside of the base building scripted one, and I've spent copious amounts of time there dawdling about.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

juggalo baby coffin posted:

here's my exotic ship. on an airless world cause I had a quest to take a photo there.

I like your korvax

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Apparently NMS is killing the steam charts right now

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Powershift posted:

It looks like they fixed the bug where it dumps you out into space if you take too many missions. I've got 114 in my log ready to go.

how the hell did they create a bug so bad it killed the steam charts?

I laughed at this, so if it wasnt a genuine question thanks. What I meant was its selling like gangbusters and the people playing are higher than you would think.

E: poo poo dont mean it like that either :420:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Oh hello there

Game still pretty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Anyone find a yellow sky world with pink grass? I miss that planet from patches and patches ago :(