Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

tbh at this point all of my consoles have at least one 3rd party controller with back-buttons bound to L3 and R3, whoever came up with "pressing the joystick in" as an input option in the first place should be dealt with in the same manner as the maker of comic sans

It's great for single press options, like crouch/stand. Anyone that's decided to map it to a hold option needs to be tossed out the airlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Ratzap posted:

One question I have: did they fix it so you can use teleporters inside the freighters yet? Years ago I remember it led to horrible bugs and it was not safe to use one in the base inside your freighter. If they've fixed it that'd be convenient but I don't want to risk my save by just plopping one down.

I've been using my teleporter in my freighter since I've had a teleporter and a freighter with nary a problem. I wasn't aware there was a reported issue.

Node posted:

I finally found an S-rank largest sized Venator freighter, and when that behemoth is orbiting above my base taking up half the god drat sky I just :awesome:

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I have to find some flying bugs or poo poo to milk and nobody seems to have built a base with "FLYING BUGS 4 MILK HERE"

Reddit's got a couple locations if you search there. I've got one in my portal history and might be able to help you get there if need be.

My problem is that the few places people have listed with beetles are ones that I didn't go to in my expedition path and I can't find them on the galaxy map either.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

You should be able to fire off an alien cartographic map, find the portal, charge it, plug in the glyphs from Reddit and boom easy money. Drop a base computer next to the portal too. Stays charged.

People keep forgetting to capture the system addresses, the one that tried can't read the first glyph, which is moderately less than useful.

I'll be checking again tomorrow though to see if anyone has a new location. I'm also running the Explorer mission requirements now and I'm thinking I'll pick random systems to see if I get lucky while I'm doing that.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Node posted:

Is there a chance HG is going to redo older expeditions, again? I finished the current one, it'd be nice to get the rewards from the previous expeditions eventually.

Since they've done it once I'm pretty positive they'll do it again. It would make sense/be neat to have them continue to do it as a year-end event.

I probably won't run expeditions I've completed, but it really helps get new players engaged and the expedition 1 golden vector especially makes new expeditions a lot easier to complete once you can get to the nexus.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Found a Reddit post that has portal address AND galaxy map for a location one hop off of one of the Rendevous systems.

Can post if it'll be useful.

(For Beetles)

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

Oh something I picked up from a youtuber yesterday that I didn't realise - if you find one of those new sentinel bases, you can farm the new Salvaged Glass by taking out the stompy robot and getting to the wave where the drone that spawns more drones appears. Leave that one alive, and it will continually spawn either 2 of the regular combat drones, or the repair drones. Only the combat drones drop the pods with the glass in them, so you can probably ignore the other ones unless they're making life difficult. With an upgraded neutron canon in a class A tool, you can take them out in 2 shots on average.

Once you've loaded up on salvaged glass, break it down and vendor the upgrades - they sell for between 300 and 1100 nanites. Probably quicker and less annoying than the old egg cracking method, plus you get a bunch of pugneum you can sell for additional spacebux, and if you have any quests to destroy sentinels you can fulfil them at the same time.

Teleporter drones show up in every wave, and if you wipe out the large walker it should trigger sentinel shutdown.

And if you're farming for nanites you can process the pugneum for nanites as well. It's a lot less efficient then farming mould balls but if you're farming the Sentinels anyway,...

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Node posted:

I got my living ship finally, and I'm confused about upgrading it. From what I've read, you pulse around systems until you get encounters which give you upgrade modules for the ship. I played all evening, and I was jumping and pulsing all over the place, but I never had a single encounter. Do I need to do something differently? Or are they a pretty rare occurrence?

If you do a web search, there's someone that found a system you can use to farm the upgrades. You can upgrade class on them by spending nanites as well, so finding C-class upgrades isn't a huge issue.

I don't know if they patched it, but there's also an exploit that will allow you to add storage slots to the living ships, it requires a second person though. I've been wanting to do that actually to max out slots on one of mine if anyone wants to give it a try sometime.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

I think people are reading too much in to a regular off the cuff post.

The "current" update that just came out is Omega. He just posted an update with the major content info for the release.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

DreadUnknown posted:

Trying to find the mirrors for the Sentinel ship is a real pisser

Just use the signal booster or get a map and find a minor settlement. The dealer there will regularly have at least one or two solar mirrors for sale.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Different mirrors, the one you get from dissonant worlds.

Okay, those are even easier to find, the visor points them out for you.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

DreadUnknown posted:

Welp finished and got my shiny new ship, I prefer the Sentinel Interceptor over this honestly.

My next goal is capturing a Rogue Dreadnought.

I'm annoyed that it doesn't actually hover.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

It’s that or going out of yr way to mine and refine rusted metal.

Also I don’t think it’s worth the time or oxygen expenditure, but you can also forge ferrite dust and oxygen together to make rusted metal from scratch, then break it down for a multiplicative conversion back to dust.

Also at all but the highest “economic” difficulty, merchants will usually sell a lot.

If you’d rather build your own, weirder constructions, wood structures use carbon instead of ferrite.

My workaround for that is to just go to a rusted metal planet and find a resource and drop some extractors and storage containers on it.

Ferrite for DAYS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

Still waiting for Orbital on game pass lmao Microsoft ftw

If you haven't seen already it's been released.