Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Q: I don’t want to replace my ship because I have all three Drive upgrades in it, and it doesn’t seem like those refund their full resources when deconstructed. Is that right?

This is also true of Multitools etc. Does upgrading the item set you back that hard on rebuilding all the poo poo you’ve modified it with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Inventory stacks - Amazing.
Moving Technologies - GOTY.
Changing my cockpit in the hauler so I see about 50% less as I'm sat so much further back? Uuuuuurrrgh.

Does the Move Technology option let me shift all my S-Class upgrades from Ship to Ship or Multitool to Multitool? I'm assuming not, but I would love it to work.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
My Freighter keeps installing trade pods half way through the floor, it’s very upsetting.

Apparently my ability to plan out a layout goes whack when I’m in a Freighter; I can’t work out how to lay it out at all.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Apparently, getting an Exotic ship to spawn (even on Wealthy systems) is hard for me. Am I missing some clever trick to this?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I love living full time on my Freighter, but give me all the building options, drat it. And windows, I want a Biodome open to space!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
* Teleport Modules may now be built aboard freighters, allowing direct teleportation between bases, space stations, and your capital ship.

gently caress. gently caress. loving fuckity loving yes. This is the greatest patch NMS ever.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I jumped Galaxy once, after finishing the Atlas chain (cos I wanted to see where Black Holes were) so I'm in Eissentam.

1. I don't think I've seen anything resembling new geometry there, which is upsetting so far.
2. Can Black Holes ever spawn in Red/Green/Blue star systems? I don't think so, I've been looking for a long time.
3. Black Holes never seem to move you meaninfully closer to galaxy centre - What's the easiest way to get there now?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Node posted:

I've clocked 300 hours into this game and I just finally found a system discovered by someone else (while playing single player, not multiplayer.) I'm surprised it took so long.

So I've been to 15 systems where I've checked every time for the system's exotic to spawn. 15 times in a row, it has been the sphere ship. If there is a 50/50 chance of a sphere ship or a squid ship as the system's exotic, then that is basically like flipping a coin 15 times and getting heads every single time, which has a 0.003% chance of happening. Unless my logic is broken (please correct me if it is), that either means I'm absurdly unlucky, or that the squid ship is indeed more rare than the sphere ship. I don't really want to use someone else's portal glyph coordinates to find one, but it's getting tempting.

It is. Broken, that is.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
So.... First Spawn Relics.

Did my first Pirate mission, got two. Flew to a regular station (+168% Demand)

Sold 2....
Inventory didn't go down...
Sold the same 2 again...
Inventory didn't go down again...

Made 60 million so far repeatedly selling them.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I so regret going to Aptarkaba, because whilst having Weird planets appear a lot is fun, it also means I can never find a nice Flourishing to build a pretty base on.

There’s only so much Aggressive Sentinel Terraforming Catastrophe one guy can take.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Libluini posted:

Good news, you can just continue until you find a galaxy you like more.

Well, yes, but it always takes effort.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
My Expedition seems to be hosed.

I got the Freighter fight, killed all the Pirates, then just as I was going to dock, someone else jumped in, their freighter spawned, and it seems like mine reset to '30 mil credits please'. Problem is, now I can't get another one to spawn.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

OU is Offensive Unit - GOU is General Offensive Unit, ROU is Rapid Offensive Unit.
SV is Service Vehicle - MSV is Medium Service Vehicle, GSV is General Service Vehicle. Really the Strategic Tenacity should be an LSV, Limited Service Vehicle.

The naming convention is from Ian M. Banks' Culture novels.

My LOU Imaginative Pseudonym would like a word, sir.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I wish terrain/flora/fauna generation would get ANOTHER pass. It’s so much better than release, but still is nowhere near the launch trailer and can make some very samey environments sometimes.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
As proud as I was of myself to find a planet that only rendered in Black, White & Red, and name my base 'Kurosawa Station', it can be annoying not having any colour ever.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
"We've imported the entire Mordhau melee system into NMS."

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Yeah, this seems like a serious misstep - Unless they're planning on some way to increase Tech Slots?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Woah, ship slots are *expensive*.

75 Mil a slot, and I need a bunch of Tech Slots. Updates to NMS Save Editors when?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Libluini posted:

75 mil. equaled something insane like 300 mil. in the old system, now that was expensive. :v:

Sure, but before they were ‘just’ Cargo, I didn’t care. Now I need Tech slots!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Goddamnit let me build Sentinel/Living/Exotic/Solar ships next patch, because I've got three Exotics sat here that I want to make an unholy amalgam of.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Sorry...

You can use the Catalogue to make the Galaxy Map show the nearest place you can find a given Resource? THE gently caress?!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I've finally found the system I always wanted.

A Pirate Controlled, Dissonance system with a Verdant planet (With the Dissonance on it!) less than one Freighter jump (4000ly) to the centre of Aptarkaba. I named it 'Dischordia', and the planet 'Goon Prime'.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Organic Lube User posted:

Well drop some portal and planet coords!

Wish granted! I'm starting building at -55.93, +140.21.

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 15, 2024

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
It hurts my feelings I have three different Exo Balls, and two of them never seen the light of day because my first one is fully tooled.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Goon Prime just happens to be in a good position galactically, and a classification of Dissonance & Piracy, whilst also being a pretty planet with decent sized fauna.

There's no reason to care beyond that.

Reminder for new page:

E: It's just got the right colour palette to make pretty screenshots...

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 18, 2024

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Construction begun on Low Goon Orbit

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Organic Lube User posted:

gently caress yeah glitch build me, daddy.

Structure coming along nicely!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Zet posted:

Looks sick. What is the floor of the large open-air area in the middle? Is it just a bunch of triangles? Been trying to find a nice foundation to build on water.

It’s all of the Triangles, but be warned, once you stop using squares, nothing will align nicely ever again.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Why not just portal here?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but those portal glyphs you posted only work for someone if they're already in your galaxy.

If someone in Euclid or any other galaxy puts them in, they'll go to a completely different location, but in the galaxy they're in.

So, in order for anyone to visit that planet, they first have to get to your galaxy, and if they've never been there, they'll need to get to the centre of these galaxies to travel to the next one, and so forth, to finally make it to yours and THEN use the glyphs.

Well gently caress me I didn't know. :v:

(Or I did, and just forgot, I'm not sure.)

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Just want to say, it’s a really nice feeling this confluence of good conditions discovery has brought a bunch of goons to stay. :glomp:

5er posted:

Grabbed a shot of 'Low Goon Orbit' to help with perspective of what's really going on with this base:

I just noticed that the game was being lazy and not rendering in the meshes of my frigates in the distance. Digital photography is my passion.

I'm not sure if LGO is missing floors or if this was a graphical anomaly, I am IRL acrophobic and noped back to my ship after screenshotting this.
LGO has floors, the interior is very bare bones right now but I have ideas! I’m quite proud of the design so far…

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 20, 2024

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
LGO has one big problem - I can't get enough LIGHT in there. It's so drat dark.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Weird trip report from That First Guy....

All those comm modules around the Portal? They were already there when I got here. There's definitely been other people using it to cross Aptarkaba, just nobody had been to the Goon Prime system before.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
LGO broke my loving brain already, and probably traumatised me against ever not using squares again. There is no way I'm taking that one.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Whoever named all the Minerals & Animals by the way, I love you. :glomp:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Interior update:

LGO now has a, the first on Goon Prime, a private room for special occasions, a gun store, and an official monogram on the wall.

Additionally, an array of small vendors have opened their doors, providing the greatest retail opportunities for literally millions of lightyears around!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
We probably need a NMS friends list to assist travel to Goon Prime. Friend someone on the list, they take you to Goon Prime, you can drop down a Save Point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'm gonna start an update on LGO once I get back to my PC. Stupid work keeping me away!