Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Having a really weird time with NMS. It makes me tired playing it. And not a happy contentment either. Over the last three days (clocking at about 7 hours total) I've tried to play NMS with a friend and at first I thought the tiredness was the processing of just how utterly strangely NMS does things. But... here I am, day 3, doing fine with the UI stuff and crafting and building my first landing pad and flying into the Cool Orb where the players hang out and the weight of the fatigue pulls me out of it again.

I have never had it this bad from a game before, though I do suffer from fatigue due to unrelated illness.

And this loving sucks because I was really enjoying myself!

So I come to the thread hoping one of y'all have a solution. I've done some googling and mentions of FOV text file edits from 7 years ago, making sure I'm playing in a well lit space, trying 1st and 3rd person. Turning off motion blur... Tried 'em. I will admit the turning off of motion blur did make an improvement on day 2 but...

Yeah.

Help me posters, you're my only hope. :smith:

E: Said friend did ask if I have the same problem watching NMS played and no. Its defo playing it that causes the tiredness.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

What are you using for controls? Controller, or Mouse + Keyboard? Would swapping have an effect?

Was using M+K and I'm kinda iffy on switching to controller to see if it helps since I feel that'll lead to frustrations with playing the game overall. To be fair, 3rd person + controller might be fine for me.

I want to say I really hope its not the solution but I'll give it a try sometime.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

mjan posted:

Kind of a shot in the dark, but do you have HDR enabled? If so, try turning it off.

Seems I don't have it in my options menu, my friend does but its not there (between anti aliasing (or dlss quality) and motion blur) for me.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Despite being on PC and playing a lot of FPS games, I always use 3rd-person + controller when planetside in NMS. I think my brain just goes "oh this is like GTA".

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That's a good but weird example, as, outside of platformers, GTA5 is absolutely way, way, way better being played with a controller than whatever the hell they were thinking using multiple parts of the keyboard for piloting controls. Meanwhile, on controller, I can drive/pilot anything with minimal fuss. It's great!

Trying this now and hoping for the best.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Yep, tried the changes and no joy. PISS.

Guess I get to live vicariously through others + my buddy. :mad: