Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Do the derelict freighters despawn after you leave them at any point? I had to go back to my planet base (same system) to make room in my inventory and I thought I still had a waypoint for it, but it turns out it was just the guild guy on the other side of the space station :\

I didn't try my own freighter as I haven't been in a fight to get the free one yet (which I kept expecting but I've made at least 4 or 5 jumps now with no fight)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Ahhh, gotcha. Never got to do any of the more exciting things when I previously dabbled with NMS (Exocraft are sweet!) so I'll just chalk it up to lessons learned and do another one later on. Didn't expect that much loot out of them tbh.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
What's the best way to find glyphs? I read that I could reload at trading posts or space stations until a Traveller appeared but the post was several years old and I can't tell if it was patched.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

haveblue posted:

That's still valid, but tedious. Less tedious but still time-consuming is to complete the campaign (Artemis path), which will award all the glyphs as part of the second to last step. Then you can ignore the last step forever.

Thanks. I think last time I got stuck waiting for the timers for the NPCs you recruit and missed that the Artemis mission had been completed. Working through it now and at least it feels better to me than the reloading.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

I see this sometimes and I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean. It appears right after I warp, so I've been thinking it's somehow Tritium that I've broken off an asteroid but warped off before it was collected? Can't really prove that to be the case though.

Anyway, finally got all the glyphs via the storyline. I've been kinda doing Artemis and Atlas simultaneously, cruising around and taking mostly cursory looks at planets. I think I finally found a nice one to build on while on my way to a Void Egg galaxy...

Also, I feel foolish for not looking for hyperspace upgrades for my starship. Not sure why it never occurred to me to look, but after watching a video on Core to Core jumps, the single jump feels even slower.

Libluini posted:

Welp, caught a stomach flue. Since I'm not allowed to work today, I decided to torture you with some more :siren: screenshots! :siren:

Merry Nadhor's Dumb Adventures in Beyond the Sources of Matter

Part III

I love these. (Feel better!)

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Oh sweet, that's much better than my assumption! New thing... I stumbled on the NMSCoordinates app which seems useful. Even the less 'cheaty' ability to export out coordinates you've been to looks great. Is there something similar for inventories/storages? I'm a terrible hoarder and it's getting hella messy

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

An overhaul of the “reach a new galaxy” portion?

My pipe dream would be an Origin into a new universe/set of galaxies for better/more interesting worldgen stuff so they can make new things without breaking everyone's builds.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
This is what I wanted and more! I need to wish for more unrealistic things.

But I think they changed the terrain on the planet I was on. No more pretty crystals sticking out of the water for me :( That's okay, I think I'm about ready to start this over again and wander around some more.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Started a new save for Origins. Got to the next system and was greeted by at least 10 angry ships at the next space station. No scanning or piracy comms either

After killing at least 5 of them (thanks milestone for keeping track!) I had to bail. Ran out of sodium to charge the shields and I was down to my last ship icon thing.

At least the system's pretty

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
drat, quite possibly but then I totally missed the Freighter while my cockpit was surrounded in fire. I know the mission UI gives an indicator for enemy ships remaining when I was rescuing Freighters after having one, but I didn't see one this time. I glanced every now and then cuz they kept coming D:

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Working my way through the Artemis quest line again, and through my wanderings found myself plopped down next to an Archives Building!

I also saw an S-class in my starting space station, but was 50-some million short :p

I've found a couple crashed ships and I think only 1 of them has respawned once and I've been waiting about 2 real-time days since then and haven't seen it pop back up. Kinda same with some of the interactables too? I put my starting base inside one of the pair of buildings that generate where there's a sphere you can learn a word from and some nanites to pick up and those haven't come back either. The damaged containers seem to respawn more often but sometimes it's just the rusted metal and nothing's inside.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

OgNar posted:

I was at an archive 2 days ago and answered its questions.
Not sure its purpose.
But I got locked into its screen.
I could hit ESC and reload my save but had no leave button for its interaction.
I could jetpack and see its trail but no movement or visual of my character itself.

I was just impressed at its size compared to all the other planet-bound structures in the game. Made me wish for some cities or arcologies.

I saw there was a terminal that sold (for nanites) a waypoint to buried artifact/treasures (I think, didn't buy 'em) . Also some other machinery that said to somehow upgrade artifacts. I plan to go back once I clear some other missions out of the way.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Took me 150 hours and building a Rusted Metal farm to realize that I could exit the game and the refiners would keep on chugging. I think between using portable refiners and hearing about disappearing mats, I never gave much thought to it, but hell I didn't want to just stand around for 20+ minutes.

Here's an unrelated derelict mission:

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
What's a good price for Activated Indium? Have my first batch and best I've seen is selling it at -3.3%. (Probably not a big difference in the end, but it's my first one! :p)

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Thanks all for the ranges. I'm gonna sell 'em and keep an eye out whenever I'm at a market kiosk.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
If you remember to screenshot your visor (or ship), it has coordinates you can go back to.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
How is co-op these days? Might drag some friends back in to see the new stuff that's been added, but the biggest thing that sticks out in my mind from my last attempt was everyone's crashed ships clipping into each other at the starting tutorial location.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Dunno why there'd be a difference between playing and watching for this one: You could try using the "Night Light" feature to tint the screen (less blue light). Windows has it built in these days, and "f.lux" should work too.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Landed on this planet, and I'm getting mixed messages on the Sentinel and Weather situation...

Haven't seen any sentinels yet, but I didn't realize it could be so wrong.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Shockeh posted:

Construction begun on Low Goon Orbit

Looks sick. What is the floor of the large open-air area in the middle? Is it just a bunch of triangles? Been trying to find a nice foundation to build on water.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Shockeh posted:

It’s all of the Triangles, but be warned, once you stop using squares, nothing will align nicely ever again.

Hahaha thanks. My other problem is the decision paralysis to just build. Functional or elegant... ah well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Not really, they're just star markers on the planet, you can't name them or anything. So still a bit of a crapshoot.

You can change the color (in the build menu options) and it'll change the color of the icon. Still not the best, but it's something :\