Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I beat Subnautica, albeit on Easy because Food and Thirst meters can suck it, and I liked that it had a plot and ultimate goal. This did mean that the world was handcrafted with no RNG so replays would be samey. The real sins of that game was the pop-in, the atrocious land-controls and graphics on the two islands, and the cumbersome inventory management. Also the last act of the story was just two scavenger hunts which is take it or leave it.

If NMS gets a price-drop and the NEXT update is well received I'd take it, and I do hope the game is fleshed out enough to merit exploring. Joseph Anderson said two years ago that the only point of farming materials is to upgrade your tools to get better at farming materials, so I'm wary if the game is still a monotone grind. At least there's grass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Isn't there a trophy for getting to the centre in Permadeath mode?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

There should be some kind of Broker you can bribe over your comms, so that you can get a reprieve from sentinels in a planet of choice.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

They need to change how sentinel ship encounters work. If you fight them, they keep coming. If you try to flee, your pulse is disabled. You might as well reload. Its like the Dark Souls II Morton's fork where neither option works and the enemy has unlimited aggro.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I wish there was a way to own spare multi-tools because the current system makes me hesitate to upgrade the one I currently own in favour of the 24 slot model that you get by RNG. I gave away my starting tool with the s-rank analyzer bonus by mistake and I feel greatly diminished.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

If this was Molyneux they would have started on No Man's Sky 2 by now and abandoned the original.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Whats the most efficient way to get Chromatic metal? They should really sell the stuff given how prolific its uses are.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

precision posted:

... a hundred million bucks goes a long way

Unless you're Chris Roberts.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

They need to get rid of pulse fuel, which negates the need for asteroids being everywhere in space.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

There appears to be an exploit where I can buy maps for nothing and promptly sell them back.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

How long have we been able to move technology slots around?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

poo poo, just buy the S-Launcher as soon as possible from the Nexus so you don't have to refuel any future ships.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

So is the best get-rich-quick scheme still the scanner bonus method?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I hope they extend the same courtesy to multi-tools.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

For some minor annoyance the icon for Explorer and Mercenary reputation are switched.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

As someone who just grinded through the Atlas Path what rewards do the other paths provide? I'm sixty-something milestones in and I've maxed out the tech-trees in the space anomaly. There doesn't seem to be many carrots dangling in front of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I wish there was a way to upgrade a lower-rank mod that's already installed, at least since I last played. Just so I don't have to miser or skip out on tiers.

E.g It costs 1000 bits to buy an S-Rank Thagomizer, or 700 bits to upgrade from a previously installed B-Rank Thagomizer.