Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
The only reason I didn't go for NMS during the last few Steam sales is because of the rumors that the PS4 version will make use of PSVR, and it'll be some time before I can afford a new video card and a Vive. But there's been no advancement on that rumor since March so perhaps that was wishful thinking? We'll see. My favorite aspects of open world games are easily the exploration and discovery parts so NMS for all its flaws had a fair amount of appeal from launch, I just figured I'd wait and see if its problems would be fixed and as of last year it appeared that was very much the case and came very close to making it a Steam summer sale grab.

But I really, REALLY want a VR spaceship-explorer game so fingers crossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

I've been strongly interested in NMS since before launch, but when it came out and the reviews detailed the problems...yeah. I was going to wait.

In the 3 years in-between I was able to afford a PSVR but haven't been able to afford a graphic card upgrade on my PC (GTX 760), let alone a VR headset for it. So now with NEXT and both Steam and PS4 versions at the same sale price, I find myself asking: PS4 version, with my abaility to do VR now...or Steam, with my VR upgrade possibly likely next year?

(Is there that much of a graphical difference between the two? The Move controllers aren't great either and never have been, that could be a factor as well...)

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

In my personal opinion VR doesn't really have a whole lot of fantastic games on it. It's a lot like phone games in that regard. I'd say the big issue is going to be exclusives you may or not be interested in. There's certain games that are only on PSVR like Resident Evil 7, and others that are only on PC like Superhot VR.

That's why I always wanted both; Sony's always going to have permanent and timed exclusives, and the PC ports in mid-console life cycle will have better presentation and more hardware choices.