Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

texting my ex posted:

I had no noise issue on my regular old PS4 though, but on pro it's totally unplayable because of this

I don't have the game but I do have a PS4 Pro... try toggling Performance Mode on/off and see if that helps.

Edit: when's this patch live and what's the likelihood of the game being discounted on Steam to promote it as a midweek madness thing or whatever?

Drone fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jul 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Those patch notes look... kinda fantastic, as someone who never bought NMS but followed the drama pretty heavily during launch.

Budget isn't gonna allow me to buy full-price, but if they do the smart thing and put it up on Steam for a midweek madness thing or something, I will probably bite the bullet.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Mokinokaro posted:

Anyone looking for it for cheap on PC, GMG has it on sale for 58% off.

Welp, that's my price. I'm going to hold off and see what the reaction to Next is though before I buy, but I'm very tempted.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

OwlFancier posted:

Aaaaand it still runs like absolute poo poo even on like 1440x900

What kind of specs are you on?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

cheesetriangles posted:

I feel like next is 1 step forward and 5-6 steps backwards.

Can you elaborate on this for people who haven't owned the game since launch?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Fireside Nut posted:

Has anyone tried multiplayer yet? Let's say I create a game and have some buddies jump in and we start building a base. Then the next day my buddy has some time and wants to jump and continue the shared game, can he can jump in without me and work on our game? Or do I have to host the game for him to build on our world?

Would also like to know this, since I'd probably be playing this exclusively with my husband. And if we both start a new game together, can we immediately start multiplayer'ing, or do we have to finish the tutorial first? And does immediately jumping into multiplayer somehow break the tutorial breadcrumbs?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

My starter planet has the best name.

I'm so hungry I could eat at Arby XIV

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I'm having a hell of a time with this co-op with my husband.

One kinda strange bug though: weather on our second planet (following the questline) is not consistent anymore since we both built our houses. I can have a firestorm while it's nice and balmy for him. I guess our weather desynced when the scripted weather change happened while building our houses.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Big-rear end Day 3 patch?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Mandrel posted:

(continued on from a launch save)

There's yer problem

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

So am I not allowed to use a teleporter that my co-op partner put in his base, even though I have pretty much full permissions to that base via the base computer? I get no prompt when I walk near it.

On PC.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

So does the welfare freighter only count for one person if playing in two-player co-op? We both jumped into the system at the same time, we both got the combat event thing, and only one of us got the communication from the captain afterwards.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

fuf posted:

gently caress I really wanna play this again but I feel like I have to wait for the new update to get the best "wow this game has changed a lot" experience.

Same, but also because I get the feeling they'll also recommend starting a new save after the update hits (whenever the hell that is).

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Any idea what kind of timing Hello uses for their patches? It'd probably have to be a simultaneous release across regions so what are we looking at, evening tomorrow UTC?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Just push the Steam release button already :f5:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Steam always does store updates at 1pm Eastern, so my money's on that.

Though I have no idea why Hello decided to go with that timing and making Steam the very last platform to get the update. Steam's developer console quite literally has a "publish" button that they could have just... clicked. Assuming they aren't delaying Steam because they wanted to do a hotfix or something.

Drone fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 14, 2019

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Reddit's saying apparently antivirus is flagging NMS.exe and removing/quarantining it.

Still patching on my side so can't confirm yet, but maybe some of the other goons with that issue can try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Just played about four hours of co-op on PC (not in VR) with my husband and a friend. On the whole, I'm really positive on Beyond so far, but BOY are there a poo poo ton of bugs:

• NPCs can only be talked to by a single player... ever... when you're in a multiplayer session. My husband talked to all the NPCs in the starting station, and whenever I try to talk to them later, the UI disappears and I just stare at the NPC for about ten seconds until the game UI reappears. It's like it doesn't load the dialog at all. Exceptions to this seem to be quest NPCs and merchants.
  • Approaching the rightmost merchant on the space station makes the entire space station disappear and I fall through space, eventually leading to a CTD about four seconds later.
  • Didnt have any issues with my Xbox 360 controller on PC at all, and didnt have issues launching the game after patching and verifying integrity. So I count myself lucky there.
  • However there is a TON of controller latency that comes in bursts, specifically with analog sticks drifting or being totally unresponsive for a second. Seems to mainly happen in combat.
  • On my very first reroll my ship and I spawned in a deep valley surrounded on all sides by unscalable cliff faces. And the quest objective that would give me the parts to repair my launch thrusters was outside this area. So I was forced to reroll the save.