Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Thundarr posted:

Also the farmer wants me to make a flower out of poop so I fed the local animals. But I over-did it. They won't stop pooping. It's all rolling down the hill. An avalanche of poop.

You feel that, Rand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ughhhh posted:

You don't even need to repair. You can claim it and go back to your regular ship. Once you are in your base, you can swap to the new broken ship using the items menu and call it to you as your main ship and use a teleporter to a station to scrap it.

100% of the time I try to do this I can't switch ships.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I recently started a new save file, and in my starting galaxy I found a bio-luminescent paradise planet:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mailer posted:

If you want to just say Screw Yo Quests I think everything can be purchased from the Anomaly and farmed from secure bases. You get a lot of that free by following the quest chains, though, and nothing in this game takes very long.

the longest (and stupidest) part of the quest chain is probably the part where you have to wait like 90 mins/2 hours between the Science Terminal questline steps.

Seriously, HG, it's how many years in and that stupid questline is still stupid?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Do y'all not use the build camera when base building? it's L3 on PS4, no idea about PC.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

so i'm stuck on the story mission Patterns in Time? I'm supposed to go to a Vy'Keen system and talk to the cartographer, but I don't have any options outside the 3 normal ones, and none of them advance the quest. I'm in the galaxy with the specific quest marker on it and everything. I'm seeing suggestions to restart the mission, but I'm playing on PS4 and clicking the middle mouse button doesn't really do much.

e: build menu is hosed, too, lmao this is the funnest, buggiest game. time to restart the game i guess

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Are we all not gross flesh caves?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I wandered my way into one of those ball shaped S-Class ships that didn't need a ton of materials I didn't have already last night (the worst were the Quantum Computers and Magnetic Resonators), it was a sweet little score and got me to set up my first mineral farm...turns out, the amount of effort that goes into finding and mining activated copper doesn't really give that much of an advantage over regular copper when refining so I was probably better off just mining a node with the beam.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

litany of gulps posted:

I keep logging in to build larger and larger facilities that allow me to produce more and more expensive trade goods. I don't know why. I have trillions of units. I keep converting my harvested plants and materials into fusion ignitors and stasis devices, but I don't really have any reason to. There's always some bottleneck material (currently star bulbs) that stops me from making even more, so I keep expanding my farms. When I discovered that double cultivation chambers on your freighter cost no energy and can harvest 4 plants at once, that just intensified my madness.

NUMBER

GO

UP

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Still waiting for Orbital on game pass lmao Microsoft ftw

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

MikeyTsi posted:

If you haven't seen already it's been released.

Neat, thanks!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I can only ever KBAM when I'm not flying, I can't fly for poo poo without my directional sticks

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Don't forget the space balls!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

There's a featured base in the anomaly that's only 2 galaxy hops away from LGO right now fwiw

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Shockeh posted:

Whoever named all the Minerals & Animals by the way, I love you. :glomp:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the game's final update will be the Inventory Update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The last couple pages of the thread have reinforced that I can't base build for poo poo lmfao