Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Do only the sentinel ships let you hover on planets? Seems so much better for taking out sentinels pkanetside by just sitting in the interceptor and pinging them safely. Also nicer for ignoring stupid storms while mining or looking for sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

My main save started crashing upon loading at my base on PS4 since the update, and two patches later it's doing the same thing.

I've got a second save that's fine but that's a bummer if it killed my 100h save file. I hope there will be further patches.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

What's the best way to get a hold of frig modules these days?

Do a mission for one, and then dupe glitch it into like two hundred of em.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I mostly got into duping because my 100h save file got completely booched by the update, so I'm trying to rebuild to where I was quickly.
But it's addicting.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Can I follow my expeditions around and help them and stuff?

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Shockeh posted:

I've finally found the system I always wanted.

A Pirate Controlled, Dissonance system with a Verdant planet (With the Dissonance on it!) less than one Freighter jump (4000ly) to the centre of Aptarkaba. I named it 'Dischordia', and the planet 'Goon Prime'.

Well drop some portal and planet coords!

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I got to aptkarbabawhatever by leaving Eissentam, so just two in for me. Just happens to be where I currently am, too.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Shockeh posted:

Wish granted! I'm starting building at -55.93, +140.21.

I'm there, and it's a gorgeous planet, but I can't see any sign of your base. I'm in full creative mode so maybe that's why? Or it's not been uploaded yet. Either way I got an awesome winged goat bear pet now.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Set up a dick tower base nearby. Feel free to raid the greenhouses if it ever updates.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Ugh, hopping to the next galaxy reset my void egg timer. Boo! Bad mechanic!

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I can't name my base Lake Goatse? This is fascism!

Edit: Found Shockeh's base via the station teleporter. Not far off from where I was looking.
I'm The Leper's Colony.

Organic Lube User fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 17, 2024

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Shockeh posted:

Goon Prime just happens to be in a good position galactically, and a classification of Dissonance & Piracy, whilst also being a pretty planet with decent sized fauna.

There's no reason to care beyond that.

Reminder for new page:

E: It's just got the right colour palette to make pretty screenshots...

You got a real nice curious deposit there, don't even really need to build walls.

These craters are just begging to be made into goatse's.

Organic Lube User fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 18, 2024

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

5er posted:

Before today, the only time I actually made a galaxy jump via the galactic core was as a result of following the main story arc. I actually didn't know how to use the core to jump until figuring it out today!

Luckily, I already made a base in Eissentam years ago. I got into it from visiting a community featured base via the anomaly warpgate, then hopped in my ship and kept warping until I found my own fresh, undiscovered system.

Galactic core hopping is a royal pain in the rear end with all your poo poo broken on arrival! At least making it to the core of a galaxy is easy enough- alien charts until you find a monolith, monolith to find a stargate, and then just google on up a core system code :v:

I have a little solar ship I use for the final jump. No modules but the basics so there's not much to repair. Then switch to a backup multi tool. I'm either way on removing my exosuit gear because there's so much of it that it's basically the same amount of work to remove and replace (and get it all arranged the same way) the items as it is to do the repair on each one.
But I'm done finding new universes for a week while I give birth to this drat living ship. Core jumps reset the egg timer.

Also, sorry Shockeh, apparently there's no way to chat from the PS4 version, all I can do is emote like a douchebag.

Organic Lube User fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 18, 2024

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Shockeh posted:

Construction begun on Low Goon Orbit

gently caress yeah glitch build me, daddy.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Man, building on console sucks. Y'all make such a nicer bases.
If y'all see me puttering about, I'm not being rude I just can't chat. All I can do is emote.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Call the next one Grannymerkin.
I'm proud of my Duodecadong for a duodecagonal mineral with, well, dicks spiking out of it. Game wouldn't allow Duodecadildo. Not sure if that name got uploaded or not but I thought it was a rare moment of cleverness.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Shockeh posted:

Just want to say, it’s a really nice feeling this confluence of good conditions discovery has brought a bunch of goons to stay. :glomp:

LGO has floors, the interior is very bare bones right now but I have ideas! I’m quite proud of the design so far…

It's incredibly well done.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Apparently there's a system in the Goon galaxy (Tabash I) whose space station sells a multi tool called Dreams of Sperm. I attached the coordinates but idk if it'll show cause I'm an old who doesn't know how image hosting and attachments work anymore but I do know imgur can suck a gently caress.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Organic Lube User fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 21, 2024

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Doesn't the portal at the Anomaly list destinations for the bases of everyone currently in the Anomaly, grouped or not? Just select each one til you find one that says Aptarbaraka and then go there. Then just hop in your ship from their base and take off to find a portal to take to Goon Prime.

The anomaly is probably randomly instanced, so if nobody in it has a base in the right galaxy, either just wait a bit or exit and reenter the anomaly? I'd think that would work.

Organic Lube User fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 21, 2024

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Yeah, just made it to Calypso, the last galaxy, using this method. The Anomaly is The Way.
gently caress repairing all your poo poo.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Dammit now someone's gonna do Groverhaus.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I cannot. My brain cannot contain the non-euclidean geometries necessary to construct it.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Shockeh posted:

LGO broke my loving brain already, and probably traumatised me against ever not using squares again. There is no way I'm taking that one.

That'll do, goon. That'll do.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

my Freighter is probably my least-used piece of equipment in the game, outside of the non-Nomad exocraft.

It exists only to provide extra storage, Nomad deployment, and easy teleport hops.

Honestly I'm on my freighter a lot, for all the aforementioned reasons and it's just the quickest place to get to "a base". I wish the freighter bases were visible from outside and could be more easily seen by other players. And could use all the base parts.

I'm ready for another excursion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I just restarted on PC but my friend code there is:

JJKB-KAXB-80AT4

I'll post my PS4 code once I go to the :effort: of digging up an HDMI cord for it.