Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I can't remember if there was ever any planets with rain? I want to set up a base on a world where it rains all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Cactus posted:

Ok different problem. How do I find my ship again after finding it for the first time and wondering off to get stuff to repair it? It says that it should always be tracked but I see no icon anywhere.

You need to build an analysis visor. A tutorial message should pop up shortly after you find the part youre looking for.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Ok, started on a toxic hell world and I can’t find any oxygen to build a refinery (?). Where should I be looking?

Have you built a scanner? Scan the planet with L3 and look for O2 icons.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Alamoduh posted:

As far as my personal tastes I love that third one wonithvthe round thrusters in the wings, and don’t like the rest. I have multi-player turned off now, but back when o didn’t used to, it seems like everyone had variants of the the first two- although the amount of people who kept their red & white starter fighter and fly it everywhere is surprisingly high.

I’m going to finish my living ship quest this weekend, so I guess I’ll be doing the same sort of ship hunt that you are!

For me, the game is just daunting. Right now, my goal is to get a base established on the planet im on, but I have no idea how to get started or what to do. I reinstalled to give it another go, and hopefully I don't get overwhelmed.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Alamoduh posted:

Since you’re reinstalling, I guess you e played before, so few free to disregard anything that doesn’t apply. You don’t need to really build a big base ever, unless and until you find a neat world that you like coming back to with goods access to power and minerals. The campaign ATLAS story will lead you in the direction you need to take.

I would suggest building a small base on a planet with a nearby activated indium deposit. This will get you all the money you need and it doesn’t have to be extravagant. To get activated indium, you need to get to a “blue” star, which you do by upgrading your starship drive to the indium drive. You have to get the blueprints for this from the “anomaly,” which is a summonable multiplayer hub that you will get access to if you are far enough along in the main story.

The drive has 3 upgrade levels, so you will need to visit a red star, mine activated cadmium, then a green star to mine activated emerald, and finally get the indium drive.

There’s a lot of steps here, but they set the tone for the game, I think. Small increments until all of a sudden you have everything you need/want.

Ok, I think I am going to do the main story, since I honestly, have never touched it. One question, I like the planet I am on and I ultimately want to create a underwater base. I just need to put a teleporter so I can return, right?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I'm enjoying just listening to deep house music and exploring. The ps5 upgrade really let's things pop.

What is the best way to get nanites early game?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

So I turned down my first freighter and I never got the event for another one.

Also, I have yet to see a derelict freighter I can land on.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Squibbles posted:

The bugs in this game are so strange.

I had a class A explorer with 31 slots then I did an Artemis mission that teleported me to another planet/system and the mission tells you to go to your ship. When I found my ship the model has now switched to one of those sphere based exotic ships but it still has all the slots, gear and items of my explorer. It's still A class but I think the game does consider it an exotic now since I no longer have reduced cost of launch (it takes 25% to lift off now instead of 12.5). I've restarted the game and it appears to be a permanent change.

Unrelated, I was playing multi with my buddy and his settlement got attacked by sentinels but it bugged out. It kept say he had 4 to kill when there was just one big guy left. Killing the big guy would reset the attack, and revert the counter to 11 and spawn a new wave. After doing that several times, the game absolutely flipped and spawned over 1000 drones. He said it looked like an atmospheric effect from a distance. He managed to hop into his ship and make passes over the settlement blowing them up by the hundreds. Completely filled his inventory with that sentinel glass but he eventually got them all and was able to get the defence to complete.

Their bugs are entertaining if nothing else.

I had a weird bug where I landed on the Anomaly and it slingshot me back out and in reverse into infinity. I was lucky that I had hyperdrive fuel.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

What's the best weapon loadout on foot? Everyone says the shotgun is really good. I've been using the boltcaster fully upgraded and it's pretty good but I feel like there is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

There's like a dozen QOL improvements I can think of for the inventory system (auto-transfer between inventories, auto sorting for both individual inventories and between tabs, non-grid storage containers for easier bulk storage, auto-crafting of basic items/ingredients for complex items, a more elegant solution for elemental protection, switch between grid and list-based inventory, half a dozen more I've forgotten), but you get used to the jank eventually.

My biggest annoyance is that you can't pick up shield recharges if your inventory is full.